Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)

NewColtsFan

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's a great game for a Thursday night.  Rookie QB, rebuilding team, and not in our division so it's not a "must win".  

Love it!

We have a very tough schedule and will be without our best LT for 3-6 games.   This game is week 9.   It may be a "must win" by then.  

If we have to have a Thursday night game, I'm happy it is at home against the Jets.  Teams usually don't play good disciplined ball on Thursdays, but we should be able to beat the Jets even if we are off a bit. 

I was a bit surprised to see this.   I would have thought 3 days of rest after a Thursday game would be a big advantage.

The last four seasons, teams coming off a bye week have a straight up record of 68-60 (53%) and against the spread record of 64-62-2 (51%)

The last four seasons, teams coming off a Thursday Night game have a straight up record of 64-72 (47%) but, against the spread record they are 68-64-4 (51%)

The last four seasons, teams playing on short rest after a Monday Night game have gone 58-66 (47%) straight up the next week and 56-68 (42%) against the spread.

Just now, chickenMan said:

There’s our one prime time game for the year, folks. Hope you like the Jets on a Thursday night, because you ain’t getting anything else! 

I'm good with it.   I prefer the game be on at 1pm Sunday.    Not sure why so many people want prime time games so badly.  

55 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We will let smoke out of a chimney from 56th Street so that you can come out of your dark alley after spotting it from a distance, you will then know the schedule has been announced. :) 

white smoke...otherwise it only means the schedule has been voted on with no resolution

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm good with it.   I prefer the game be on at 1pm Sunday.    Not sure why so many people want prime time games so badly.  

I like it because it feels like a fun event. I grew up when the Colts were on prime time frequently in the late Manning-early Luck years; it was always so exciting to get together with the family on a Sunday night to cheer on the Colts in prime time. Just my thoughts

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I like it because it feels like a fun event. I grew up when the Colts were on prime time frequently in the late Manning-early Luck years; it was always so exciting to get together with the family on a Sunday night to cheer on the Colts in prime time. Just my thoughts

Same here I remember as a kid I stayed wake way past my bedtime when the Colts came back against the Bucs in 2003. That crazy comeback against the Pats in 09. Those are unforgettable moments.

33 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

There’s our one prime time game for the year, folks. Hope you like the Jets on a Thursday night, because you ain’t getting anything else! 

I still think Bills can be a Monday night game. Crossing fingers

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

The last time the Colts won the first game of the regular season was.............

tenor.gif

And I attended that game! We still barely beat the Raiders. Isn't this only the third Week 1 game at home since then? CIN and DET other two

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I did not expect us to play Christmas Day, I am happy it is on the road though

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And I attended that game! We still barely beat the Raiders. Isn't this only the third Week 1 game at home since then? CIN and DET other two

I did not expect us to play Christmas Day, I am happy it is on the road though

I’m happy it’s not in a cold place and instead a comfy warm dome lol.

49 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm assuming because anyone out of market hardly gets to see Colts games if they don't have the Sunday Ticket or Game Pass (please no mention of illegal means). Here in VA, I'll typically never get a Colts game unless we're playing WFT, Dallas, or Carolina.

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm with you on that.  I get why people want them, it's good for the brand and you can see the game wherever you are.

But I like having that game on early.  

18 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm assuming because anyone out of market hardly gets to see Colts games if they don't have the Sunday Ticket or Game Pass (please no mention of illegal means). Here in VA, I'll typically never get a Colts game unless we're playing WFT, Dallas, or Carolina.

Good point, I didn't think of that.   I thought fans just wanted the "prestige" of a prime time game.  To me, there is just as much at risk as can be had positively.  Like the Thursday night game vs the Jets.  If the Colts lose, they will be drug through the mud for awhile.   If they win, it was a home game they should have won.  

38 minutes ago, Shive said:

Also for me, I have Sunday Ticket, but when the Colts play the late afternoon/prime time games, it gives me a chance to watch all the early games on Redzone

21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Sea is 9th Colts 13th in power ranking

I always wonder which is more meaningless - power rankings or people making predictions.  

Thank goodness opinions have no bearing on standings or games.  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So....

We open at home vs Seattle and then...

Week 2 we are home vs the LA Rams.

So we’re home and home to start the yeSr, which is good,  but our two opponents are very good.   So that’s going to be a challenge. 

I rather face good teams early in the year, and the lesser later. It is just more fluky at beginning of year so the ability to get those out of way (and not have a Jag situation) is normally a better feeling

Archived