Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)

NewColtsFan

As you likely know,  the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night...   5/12...   8p your time...   5p my time...

These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule.   In no particular order....

1.    Do we start at home, or on the road?   Typically, you close your season with the opposite.    

2.    Marquee games?    National Games?    Are we on the big stage at all?    Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates!     Ugh.  The worst.

3.   Bye week?    When does it happen?    I prefer late October to Early November.   Something close to the middle of the season.    We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4.    That was Luck's rookie year.    The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him.    Otherwise, I hate the early bye week.   I prefer weeks 7-10.

4.   Hardest stretch of the schedule.   Easiest part of the schedule.   Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.

5.    Potential bad weather games.    So, this year,  we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road.   Games in September likely means hot and humid.   Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.

6.    Anything out of the ordinary?    Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road.    I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle,  and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.

Did I leave out anything?     Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it?    Let us know!

The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!       

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dreaded "short week", where the schedule makers do something stupid like a Monday night back-to-back with a Thursday night.  3 days between games?  Thank you very much.

Outside of your list, I also scan for good home games that I might want to attend in person.  Am keeping my eye on the Tampa home game.  My brother lives in the Tampa area, so it may be an opportunity for him to come up to visit.

54 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Also throw in TNF for either JAX or Titans lol.

TNF is the only prime time game we're sure of.  

We better get a game 1 home opener.  It's getting ridiculous that we start on the road every year.

I always look at what new stadium I can add to my list of stadiums I've seen the Colts play in (I'm up to 21 stadiums). Last year was the first year since 2009 that I wasn't able to attend a game :Cry:. I'm hoping  Canada gets their % together by fall so I can travel again and go to games.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As you likely know,  the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night...   5/12...   8p your time...   5p my time...

These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule.   In no particular order....

1.    Do we start at home, or on the road?   Typically, you close your season with the opposite.    

2.    Marquee games?    National Games?    Are we on the big stage at all?    Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates!     Ugh.  The worst.

3.   Bye week?    When does it happen?    I prefer late October to Early November.   Something close to the middle of the season.    We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4.    That was Luck's rookie year.    The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him.    Otherwise, I hate the early bye week.   I prefer weeks 7-10.

4.   Hardest stretch of the schedule.   Easiest part of the schedule.   Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.

5.    Potential bad weather games.    So, this year,  we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road.   Games in September likely means hot and humid.   Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.

6.    Anything out of the ordinary?    Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road.    I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle,  and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.

Did I leave out anything?     Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it?    Let us know!

The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!       

I also look to see how many teams we face coming off their bye week.   I can't remember which team, but last year a team had 3 games against teams coming off their bye week.   

Since we won't have Fisher back, at least the first few games, hopefully we don't face many good edge rushing teams in games 1-4.

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The dreaded "short week", where the schedule makers do something stupid like a Monday night back-to-back with a Thursday night.  3 days between games?  Thank you very much.

Outside of your list, I also scan for good home games that I might want to attend in person.  Am keeping my eye on the Tampa home game.  My brother lives in the Tampa area, so it may be an opportunity for him to come up to visit.

That wouldn't happen, the short week is Sunday game still. The PA and NFL have in CBA that it has to at least be the fourth day of the week after of game before a game can be played.

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

TNF is the only prime time game we're sure of.  

We better get a game 1 home opener.  It's getting ridiculous that we start on the road every year.

I saw a couple years ago, the reason for this was because of some events in Indy at the early part of Sept in which it created an overally crowded city, so they tried to keep the Colts on the road that weekend. I think it is a NASCAR event. 

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Yeah this is ridiculous 20/27 prime time games on the road.

27 Prime Time games

Record:  11-16

Home:  1-6

Road:  10-10

Most Road Game Opponents:

Houston 5 games (3-2 record)

Tennessee 4 games (3-1 record)

Only home win vs Denver and Peyton Manning 39-33 on Oct 20, 2013

• Shive changed the title to 2021 Colts Schedule Release (MERGE)

Isn't the schedule usually leaked on twitter or the dark web or in dark alleys the day of the announcement?   Can someone post what they here? 

I wont be on twitter but will be hanging out in a dark alley all day so i'll let you know what the word on the street is.

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Isn't the schedule usually leaked on twitter or the dark web or in dark alleys the day of the announcement?   Can someone post what they here? 

I wont be on twitter but will be hanging out in a dark alley all day so i'll let you know what the word on the street is.

There’s been partial leaks on twitter but nothing full for any team so it’s kinda dumb lol.

2 things I look forward to about our upcoming schedule:

1. Will we be part of any Thanksgiving games?
  2. Will we be part of any back-to-back road games where we go all the way from the East Coast (Bills) to the West Coast (49ers) and when the other dreaded short week comes around in December (Saturday games), if we will run into those kinds of games with travel?

Plus, having more 1 pm ET games frees up the rest of the day as well :) 

14 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

We will let smoke out of a chimney from 56th Street so that you can come out of your dark alley after spotting it from a distance, you will then know the schedule has been announced. :) 

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thursday night games are not good.   Hopefully at home, we can win this one.  It'll be interesting to see who we play the week before and the week after or if one of those weeks is our bye.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thursday night games are not good.   Hopefully at home, we can win this one.  It'll be interesting to see who we play the week before and the week after or if one of those weeks is our bye.

That's a great game for a Thursday night.  Rookie QB, rebuilding team, and not in our division so it's not a "must win".  

Love it!

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's a great game for a Thursday night.  Rookie QB, rebuilding team, and not in our division so it's not a "must win".  

Love it!

Hey, you never know how precious that win could be in the AFC standings in a tough AFC.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, you never know how precious that win could be in the AFC standings in a tough AFC.

No doubt.  In order of importance, conference games matter the most right after division games.

Archived