Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lol Espn...

Shadow_Creek

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Trying to Recruit Rivers for TV Annalist. I feel there going to ask everyone in the NFL eventually 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/report-espn-will-talk-to-philip-rivers-about-joining-network-as-nfl-analyst-214021449.html

I don’t know if Rivers will be good or not, but you might think he would be.   All that genuine Southern Charm...

But even if it doesn’t work out, isn’t it worth a conversation?  Or two?   Or three?   What’s the lol part?   What’s funny about it?   Just seems like good business.    Who predicted Tony Romo would be great at broadcasting? 

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know if Rivers will be good or not, but you might think he would be.   All that genuine Southern Charm...

But even if it doesn’t work out, isn’t it worth a conversation?  Or two?   Or three?   What’s the lol part?   What’s funny about it?   Just seems like good business.    Who predicted Tony Romo would be great at broadcasting? 

You Got It Yes GIF by NETFLIX

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tony Romo a good Broadcaster? hahaha ok we can agree to disagree on that one. But the Lol was towards ESPN for always trying to add everyone however i would love to listen to Rivers talk.

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Tony Romo a good Broadcaster? hahaha ok we can agree to disagree on that one. But the Lol was towards ESPN for always trying to add everyone however i would love to listen to Rivers talk.

I don’t listen to many games that don’t involve the Colts.   But Romo quickly became the highest paid NFL TV analyst in the business.   That’s because every network desperately wanted him.  You get offers like that when you’re very good at your job.   So it’s not my opinion, it’s the opinion of everyone in the broadcast industry. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t listen to many games that don’t involve the Colts.   But Romo quickly became the highest paid NFL TV analyst in the business.   That’s because every network desperately wanted him.  You get offers like that when you’re very good at your job.   So it’s not my opinion, it’s the opinion of everyone in the broadcast industry. 

What he said

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tony Romo is by far the best TV analyst in the NFL.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, I could see him being a guest analyst here and there. At least for the time being, his sights are on that coaching job. He’s got a great mind for it, that’s for sure. 

2 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

so let me get this right...

you are laughing at ESPN for wanting to add a voice that you admit you would listen to. 

Every single one of your posts are Dear God worthy. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN has been going down hill for quite a while now. 

What was once a great sports channel has turned into a joke. 

When ESPN 1st came out on cable back in 1980 I believe, I thought it was the greatest thing ever, that and MTV lmao . ESPN was great up until around 10 years ago, roughly since around 2010 it has went Abc Love GIF by The Bachelor

15 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

It's almost an objective fact that Tony Romo is an excellent broadcaster and analyst. It's obviously not objective, but so many people share the same subjective opinion that it might as well be.

You have every right to do so, but you're agreeing to disagree with a hell of a lot of people.

14 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Meh i would listen to Gus Johnson any day before Romo he's just more lively 

Gus Johnson is a play by play guy.   Romo is color commentator.   They don't have the same job.    Both are very good at what they do,  but they do different things

I have the sound turned off on 90% of the games on TV. 

On the Colts games I have the radio on. It's broadcast is a second or two off but I enjoy the radio announcers much more than any TV announcers. 

I don't have cable so I don't have ESPN, the NFL network or CBS sports. 

To be honest, I don't miss any of them. 

Romo is the consensus #1 color guy on TV for the last three years. ESPN offered him half the network last year to go to MNF; CBS countered with a long term deal at $17m/year, which I think is more than Romo ever made in the NFL. He's the top dog.

Number 2 is Collinsworth, and he's so polarizing and unpopular that it makes Romo #1 by a long shot. I personally don't mind CC at all, I think he's pretty good, but a lot of people seem to dislike him. 

On 1/23/2021 at 6:31 PM, Superman said:

Romo is the consensus #1 color guy on TV for the last three years. ESPN offered him half the network last year to go to MNF; CBS countered with a long term deal at $17m/year, which I think is more than Romo ever made in the NFL. He's the top dog.

Number 2 is Collinsworth, and he's so polarizing and unpopular that it makes Romo #1 by a long shot. I personally don't mind CC at all, I think he's pretty good, but a lot of people seem to dislike him. 

Where does Talib tank for you? haha

The guy has 9 kids and just took a job as a HS head coach.  He's on to the next thing, and I don't think he's looking back (and good for him).  I could see him maybe doing a guest spot once or twice, but I'll be shocked if he ends up doing any kind of broadcasting on a regular basis.  

ESPN has been trying to get Peyton Manning as an analyst-no luck. They won't have any more success with Rivers, as he already has plans to coach HS football.  Maybe people just don't like the way ESPN runs things. 

I saw that Greg Olsen is signing with FOX as an analyst. I liked him as guest commentator, so he will do a good job. Maybe he could replace Troy Aikman, who is dry and boring IMO. 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

This. I'l never understand what folks see in Romo as a color guy. I'm not a fan at all.

15 minutes ago, indykmj said:

This. I'l never understand what folks see in Romo as a color guy. I'm not a fan at all.

To the best of my knowledge, Romo is the only broadcaster who will see the offense at the line of scrimmage and tell the viewer what the okay is before the play is even run.  

That’s been one of his claims to fame. 

What do you object to? 

Archived