Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brees to retire

danlhart87

Wow I hope he can ride off into the sunset like Peyton did, with another ring. I met him once years ago when he was a sophomore at Purdue, all the kids were getting his autograph, I was like 15 I think, didn’t even know who he was. I just shook his hand and participated in the throwing drills he was putting on. I sucked. Man, what those autographs would be worth now a days. 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wow I hope he can ride off into the sunset like Peyton did, with another ring. I met him once years ago when he was a sophomore at Purdue, all the kids were getting his autograph, I was like 15 I think, didn’t even know who he was. I just shook his hand and participated in the throwing drills he was putting on. I sucked. Man, what those autographs would be worth now a days. 

Depends what its on

Its over.  Brees really looks limited in what he can do in terms of pushing the ball down the field.  I think he knows it too.  

Its remains remarkable to me that Brady who is older still can make all the throws.  Is his training regimen that much different than his contemporaries that he is able to defy father time so much better?  

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Its over.  Brees really looks limited in what he can do in terms of pushing the ball down the field.  I think he knows it too.  

Its remains remarkable to me that Brady who is older still can make all the throws.  Is his training regimen that much different than his contemporaries that he is able to defy father time so much better?  

comedy central animation GIF

3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Guy was honestly blessed with an iron shoulder. You see guys like Rivers, Peyton towards the end who clearly can't push it down the field anymore, but Brady still has almost no problem. Healthy lifestyle aside. Genetics were kind to him.

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

comedy central animation GIF

Yeah and the selling the soul thing as well.. Lol

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah and the selling the soul thing as well.. Lol

I swear.. if the bucs go into lambeau and stop the Packers.. and he's already coming back next year. We've seen manning(s) big Ben, rivers, Brees just completely fall apart throwing down the field. Brady goes to a system wear they throw down the field more. And this happens?! And the defense.. WTH? I just can't. First the greatest show on turf. Mcnabb is throwing up in the huddle.. they don't give marshawn the ball. The falcons forgot how to run a clock out. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If I'm Rivers and I watched Brees tonight I think his performance would convince me to go out now instead of risking the same fate for himself next year.  Retire when you can leave good memories behind.  

Rivers will do whats best for him. 

Other games won't effect that choice 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Rivers will do whats best for him. 

Other games won't effect that choice 

He's human.  He can see himself out there and falling apart.  Don't kid yourself.  It's not the game that will effect him. It's the possibility of performing like Brees did tonight.  A year down the road.  Does he want to risk going out like that?  I would be taking a hard look in the mirror.   

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He's human.  He can see himself out there and falling apart.  Don't kid yourself.  It's not the game that will effect him. It's the possibility of performing like Brees did tonight.  A year down the road.  Does he want to risk going out like that?  I would be taking a hard look in the mirror.   

Rivers isn't gonna retire because he might be embarrassed in a future game 

If he wants to return he will

5 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Favorite Drew Brees moment will be when he officially announces his retirement.Good Bye GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

why the hate

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The part that's scary is what a statue Rivers truly is in the pocket. Can he even get slower or would that qualify as going backwards in time?? ...

I think he's our best option but I could definitely see him fall off a cliff if he plays one year to long. 

And all the foot surgery talk from earlier this season??? Ugh...

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

The part that's scary is what a statue Rivers truly is in the pocket. Can he even get slower or would that qualify as going backwards in time?? ...

I think he's our best option but I could definitely see him fall off a cliff if he plays one year to long. 

And all the foot surgery talk from earlier this season??? Ugh...

maybe he can break the space time continuum and he will light it up

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

If I'm Rivers and I watched Brees tonight I think his performance would convince me to go out now instead of risking the same fate for himself next year.  Retire when you can leave good memories behind.  

53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Philip Rivers still has some good football left in him, and Drew Brees already has a Superbowl ring - if Rivers can take 1 more shot at possibly getting 1 of his own, I think he goes for it.

35 minutes ago, BillCoslosky87 said:

I'm still bitter and hate Brees for beating the Colts at Super Bowl 44. Adios.

What was he supposed to do, throw that game for the greater good of Peyton? Lest we forget, Manning already had a Superbowl champioship (as did his little brother) so Drew went out and won his own, with the help of some ballsy calls by his coach Payton.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

What was he supposed to do, throw that game for the greater good of Peyton? Lest we forget, Manning already had a Superbowl champioship (as did his little brother) so Drew went out and won his own, with the help of some ballsy calls by his coach Payton.

What the heck does Eli already having a ring have to do with anything? And just because Manning finally won a Lombardi in Indianapolis, I should be fine with the Colts losing to the Saints? Losing that game still makes me sick whenever I get reminded of it.

9 hours ago, BillCoslosky87 said:

What the heck does Eli already having a ring have to do with anything? And just because Manning finally won a Lombardi in Indianapolis, I should be fine with the Colts losing to the Saints? Losing that game still makes me sick whenever I get reminded of it.

I don't suggest you should be fine with your team losing a Superbowl, that's always painful but to hate the the QB of the opposing team simply for doing his job and winning is kinda irrational.

Tom along with Joe Montana are the 2 best I have ever seen as far as not making critical mistakes in most of their playoff games. Peyton even had a few head scratching throws like SB 44. The other team that plays against those Tom or Montana has to almost play perfect to beat them in the playoffs. The difference yesterday was Brees playing catch with the opposite team. I seen it coming though because I did pick the Bucs to win.

52 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't suggest you should be fine with your team losing a Superbowl, that's always painful but to hate the the QB of the opposing team simply for doing his job and winning is kinda irrational.

Emotions can be irrational. Being emotional about a bunch of grown, male, strangers playing a game is irrational. Not everything has to be rational. He is a Colts fan, and wishes the Colts won. He is not a Saints fan and he is not a Drew Brees fan, my god. You would figure the one place to vent frustrations like this would be a Colts forum. 

9 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I mean, it was the Super Bowl. Big legacy implications.  

The Colts not winning that will over time marginalize how good the team was in the 00's.. 

That loss and the 05' Steelers game still both annoy me to this day. It's not like it's a huge deal, but..

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The Colts not winning that will over time marginalize how good the team was in the 00's.. 

That loss and the 05' Steelers game still both annoy me to this day. It's not like it's a huge deal, but..

Feel the same way, but also throw in the 07 divisional game vs SD. What a travesty of a game. 

Congrats Drew on a sure fire hall of fame. I wish you won another superbowl so it was easy to stay mad about 09 lol. That being said people who dont like negativety looks away. He held the team back this year. He clearly didnt have it anymore last year lol. I know a lot of Saints were not happy he did not retire last year. 

Archived