Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was this TY's final game as a Colt?

Colts Fan In L.A.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Maybe, though I don't picture TY as that kind of guy.  He and his family seem to like Indy and he's said he'd ideally retire a Colt.  Unless some team offers him something absurd $ wise or he gets an offer to go to a team like TB/KC etc. (where his role would be even further diminished than here, but he'd have a better shot at a ring), I doubt he leaves.

I'd like them all back, especially Rhodes who seemed to excel in our defensive scheme.  Autry's solid but getting old and to me is not 'special' - in other words, I think he can be replaced probably with a rookie or someone cheaper.  I like Walker, too and he'll prob be getting top dollar offers as he has had 3 straight seasons with >90 tackles (92 this year, 105 and 124 in 2018 and 2019).  

I think Walker's ceiling is limited by his athleticism and honestly don't think our LB corps would drop off too much if we had Leonard, Oke, Speed as our main 3 with the role guys (Franklin, Adams, maybe Skai Moore or a rookie) remaining at a similar talent level.

I figured we'd keep Autry or Houston. I feel like Autrys health is less of a concern than Houstons. And hes more versatile on the line. SB Nation has a nice article on DE Gregory Rousseau. I really like this guy. Reminds me of Isiah Simmons, both freakishly athletic accept Rousseau is 6'7 265.https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/scouting-gregory-rousseau-all-pro-potential-in-miami-edge-rusher?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16103889100135&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fscouting-gregory-rousseau-all-pro-potential-in-miami-edge-rusher

13 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I figured we'd keep Autry or Houston. I feel like Autrys health is less of a concern than Houstons. And hes more versatile on the line. SB Nation has a nice article on DE Gregory Rousseau. I really like this guy. Reminds me of Isiah Simmons, both freakishly athletic accept Rousseau is 6'7 265.https://www-nfl-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/scouting-gregory-rousseau-all-pro-potential-in-miami-edge-rusher?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16103889100135&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fscouting-gregory-rousseau-all-pro-potential-in-miami-edge-rusher

He might not be there when we pick

On 1/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, AustinnKaine said:

They have White? He can erase most receivers, and he is a deep threat. Rivers couldn't throw a 40 yard hail mary. I doube he is the QB to take advantage of T.Y's skill set. 

The hail mary was thrown from our 48...

It was more like 52 yards.

42 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

His last year with Luck (2018)? 1,270 yards and 6TDs in 14 games is a decline?!

He was hampered by a leg injury later that season and it was noticeable, especially in the playoffs when he was a non-factor.  He did have a solid year yards wise, but his receptions (76) and TDs that year are really nowhere near where you'd expect a true #1 to be.

59 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

I’m down for bringing TY back.  But we have to put him at the slot.  He’s not a number one anymore.

keep Pittman on the outside and sign a true #1.  

a true number one can change this offense.  Look what it has done for the bills.  

TY, IMO, never really truly was a #1 (one may argue 2016 -- you can read my arguments earlier in this thread).

I agree a true #1 (not discounting Pittman being the guy) would help dramatically.  However, we'd  need the right guy at QB to really make that work.  Josh Allen has a cannon for an arm, and aside from Diggs the Bills also have Beasley, Gabriel Davis and John Brown...  I could see our WR corps looking formidable to that if TY was in the slot like Beasley, then we had Pittman and another ace with Pascal or someone else as our #4 (IMO, John Brown is better than Pascal).... but part of what makes the Bills so dangerous on O is that Allen can connect on deep balls and he can extend plays outside the pocket/throw on the run/etc... Rivers, IMO, at this point in his career would not have the same success with a guy like Diggs as Allen is having.

I have a feeling that if we bring TY back on a very team friendly deal, we move him to the slot.  I think Campbell will be ready to give us a full 16 and prove to be another Ballard gem.  He and Pittman will be our clear 1 & 2.  TY will still be able to run by safeties and slot corners.  Then you have Pascal, Patmon, Dulin, and Harris.  Maybe bring in another mid tier vet who could play if Patmon doesn't develop as quickly as hoped.

On 1/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Patrick Miller said:

It might be time to move on. Zach pascal should be allowed to test the market as well.

TY said Pascal is progressing. He's a good #4 or #5.

WR

#1 un-named SuperStar Playmaker 

#2 TY/Pittman

#3 Pittman/TY

#4 Pascal

#5 Paris/un-named

QB

#1 Stafford*

#2 Justin Fields 

#3 Eason

*Trade for Watson pending  haha :funny: :woah:

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

I mean it’s like his 3rd best season by the numbers, and that’s not even pro-rating for missing 2 games, but sure thing.

I’m not against TY, I like TY. But I think the end is very near for the career of TY. We’d be better off to move on now than have another Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson year. TY the last two years has resembled exactly what happened to both of those two HoF WRs their last years playing. Sadly, it is time to move on. And it’s smart to do so

On 1/11/2021 at 6:12 PM, CurBeatElite said:

TY, IMO, never really truly was a #1 (one may argue 2016 -- you can read my arguments earlier in this thread).

I agree a true #1 (not discounting Pittman being the guy) would help dramatically.  However, we'd  need the right guy at QB to really make that work.  Josh Allen has a cannon for an arm, and aside from Diggs the Bills also have Beasley, Gabriel Davis and John Brown...  I could see our WR corps looking formidable to that if TY was in the slot like Beasley, then we had Pittman and another ace with Pascal or someone else as our #4 (IMO, John Brown is better than Pascal).... but part of what makes the Bills so dangerous on O is that Allen can connect on deep balls and he can extend plays outside the pocket/throw on the run/etc... Rivers, IMO, at this point in his career would not have the same success with a guy like Diggs as Allen is having.

I'd have to agree with you on that one.  I'm really hoping we can grab one of these disgruntled QBs (Not 100% on Wentz, but Stafford and Watson) or Eason steps in and plays well.  We knew the QB position was going to need some attention in the next 2-3 years.  We're still feeling the effects from the Luck decision.  Usually when a team loses its star QB, they go through a period of bad records and rebuilding.  We've kind of done that on the fly due to Ballard good drafts and FA signings.  But we can't outrun that problem forever.  It's catching up and it seems it's catching up quickly.

I think he comes back. 

Hilton was never going to be all that productive with Rivers as his QB, he doesn't have the arm strength or velocity to take advantage of Hilton's skillset.

I'd bring him back, sign someone else and maybe hope that Campbell can stay healthy. He's been very injury riddled but can be useful IF and only IF he can stay healthy for a whole season.

The big problem for me and many others on this Board is appreciation for the player TY has previously been for the Colts. Leader; great talent; reliable; hard worker; the unquestioned #1 receiver. 
Aside from still being a hard working leader, he’s no longer that guy. He’s become injury prone; he has slowed down; he’s dropped a few more. He’s no longer a #1 receiver on a team that is in desperate need of one. 
TY can still play. Just not at the level he once did. His late season renaissance proves this. But in the harsh world of caps, he is only worth slot receiver money. $7-8m max. 
And that leaves the Colts still needing a #1. Pittman isn’t there yet. Campbell is unreliable. Pascal is at best a #3-4 receiver. They need to find one in FA. It won’t be easy or cheap. Allen Robinson would be perfect IMO. But giving him or another #1 type the $ he will want might make signing TY impossible. 
I’m a huge TY fan. But he’s no longer the player he was, and the Colts have to find his replacement. I think he walks, seeking more $, and it will be a sad day when that happens. 

Archived