Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was this TY's final game as a Colt?

Colts Fan In L.A.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will be brought back and fill the slot position like Beasley and a few older vets do as they age.  He would be fine there for two or three years.  To be honest I have zero confidence in Campbell being a factor for us.  I think we find a new No1. this year probably in FA.  Pittman is the 2.  That would be a great lineup. 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The WR position is fine 

I would bring TY back 1 year

the wr position is a huge weakness all season i watched them struggle to get open on a regular basis .  they are average its a passing league you give rivers a better core he would have 30 plus touchdowns . weapons matter look at brady this year compared to last year .  What did you see when you watched the games all season that tells you they are okay? im just curious i saw them play a huge role in the colts offense stalling all year and today had bad drops all game .  pittman has huge potential but  after him there is no one really elite hilton had a bad year and is old and pascal is a solid back up.

6 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Good question.  I must say - he was pretty “ghostly” in this game.

They have White? He can erase most receivers, and he is a deep threat. Rivers couldn't throw a 40 yard hail mary. I doube he is the QB to take advantage of T.Y's skill set. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think T.y is back on a 3 year deal, 30M

no one ballard is letting him walk .  ty hilton  depends on his speed to be a elite wr he is not a elite route running like reggie wayne and is under sized .  when he starts losing his speed you see him start to go down in production , add to the fact rivers is not a deep ball thrower and hilton has no use in our offense next year .  signing him when he is close to turning 32 for 3 years is a mistake

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no one ballard is letting him walk .  ty hilton  depends on his speed to be a elite wr he is not a elite route running like reggie wayne and is under sized .  when he starts losing his speed you see him start to go down in production , add to the fact rivers is not a deep ball thrower and hilton has no use in our offense next year .  signing him when he is close to turning 32 for 3 years is a mistake

I do not think he has lost his speed. Also Rivers has nothing to do with if T.Y is resigned, Rivers won't be playing for us next year, pretty much guranteed when you can't throw 40 yards. I been saying all year he has a noodle arm, he finally put it on full display. Also you are right on the three years, he probably comes back on a 2 year deal. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

I do not think he has lost his speed.

by 32 wrs do lose their speed if he runs a 40 i dont think he is still 4.3 speed .  wrs just dont look the same when they hit their 30s all the wear and tear makes their bodies age 5 years ahead of regular people .  he just looks a tad bit slower than last year . i would rather pick up another wr who is 27 coming off their rookie deal then spend money on old players llike grigson did nonstop . Just my opinion i think hilton doesnt look the same .

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Things needed before WR

QB

OT Depth

CB

TE

DE

I would not put TE before DE. I think TE is a lot easier to solve than pass rush. Autry is gone, Banago is a bust, Lewis is average it seems, and Turay is questionable. Houston is old as well. DE needs to be right behind OT. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

I would not put TE before DE. I think TE is a lot easier to solve than pass rush. Autry is gone, Banago is a bust, Lewis is average it seems, and Turay is questionable. Houston is old as well. DE needs to be right behind OT. 

those aren't in order just listed randomly 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

by 32 wrs do lose their speed if he runs a 40 i dont think he is still 4.3 speed .  wrs just dont look the same when they hit their 30s all the wear and tear makes their bodies age 5 years ahead of regular people .  he just looks a tad bit slower than last year . i would rather pick up another wr who is 27 coming off their rookie deal then spend money on old players llike grigson did nonstop . Just my opinion i think hilton doesnt look the same .

Gonna have to agree to disagree. Hilton is very underrated. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

those aren't in order just listed randomly 

makes sense.

Depends what he wants.

I think 2yr $15m/3yr $22.5/4yr $30m

Could make sense, but anything more we will be in trouble cap wise, unless we go cheap at QB position.

Rivers or other vet $20-25m

Hilton $10m

That is $30-$35m out of $64m, leaving us around $30m to sign 21 more players.

TY is going to have to sacrifice some money to be back. Even at $7.5m things are tight.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

the wr position is a huge weakness all season i watched them struggle to get open on a regular basis .  they are average its a passing league you give rivers a better core he would have 30 plus touchdowns . weapons matter look at brady this year compared to last year .  What did you see when you watched the games all season that tells you they are okay? im just curious i saw them play a huge role in the colts offense stalling all year and today had bad drops all game .  pittman has huge potential but  after him there is no one really elite hilton had a bad year and is old and pascal is a solid back up.

We don’t seem to have any WR thst can just get open on their own. Everything is schemed open. We need someone that can break things open.

Archived