Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Foster

jvan1973

Any word on his recovery? I assume he's ready to go. Dude was alright in my book. A high end motor and he really made a difference on several plays. I think his presence in the run game was hurt by our small DE's spinning themselves out of too many plays. Either way, good luck to him in wherever he goes.

I was always a fan of Foster. Hopefully he can recover well from his injury and be back on the field. Anyone remember the wicked goalline stand we had against Pittsburgh a while back and when the Steelers RB (I wanna say Mendenhall, but can't remember for sure) ran into Foster, it looked like he ran into a brick wall.

I was always a fan of Foster. Hopefully he can recover well from his injury and be back on the field. Anyone remember the wicked goalline stand we had against Pittsburgh a while back and when the Steelers RB (I wanna say Mendenhall, but can't remember for sure) ran into Foster, it looked like he ran into a brick wall.

Found it! 1:30 mark of this video http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/09000d5d80c59969/WK-10-Colts-stiffen-up

Yes, I do. So many plays I remember where the dude just ain't movin, but the ball carrier was.

EDIT: Good find, 21. Thanks for posting that vid. I wish we'd keep him. Still young and could be a solid player for us at a decent price.

I think this is what most Colts fans remember him for and the reason why many think he's an actual NFL talent. Sorry, but I never thought Foster belonged on the field. He has a great motor and a lot of heart, but was routinely pushed out of the way and taken out of the play. seems like many Colts fans only seen the few plays he actually made and hung onto that with everything they had. I know im in the minority with my dislike for Foster(as a Colts player, not as a person) so there's no reason to chastize me or try to convince me that he was actually a good player because its not going to work. Been saying the same thing since he's been here and nobody has been able to convince me otherwise. JMO and I know I won't convince those who love the guy that he sucks, but IMO, he does.

I think this is what most Colts fans remember him for and the reason why many think he's an actual NFL talent. Sorry, but I never thought Foster belonged on the field. He has a great motor and a lot of heart, but was routinely pushed out of the way and taken out of the play. seems like many Colts fans only seen the few plays he actually made and hung onto that with everything they had. I know im in the minority with my dislike for Foster(as a Colts player, not as a person) so there's no reason to chastize me or try to convince me that he was actually a good player because its not going to work. Been saying the same thing since he's been here and nobody has been able to convince me otherwise. JMO and I know I won't convince those who love the guy that he sucks, but IMO, he does.

I can't argue with you. He is a great teammate, puts his all into every play, and has made a few memorable plays. But overall, he's average at best. Too small for DT, too slow for DE.

If I told you that you are wrong, would you still love me?

Found it! 1:30 mark of this video http://www.nfl.com/v...olts-stiffen-up

Can someone still explain to me this team needed a rebuild? A team without a star QB, rattled by injury, and being emotionally shook is going to have a bad season. Doesn't mean it needs a rebuild. Still think getting run plugging DTs and a shutdown corner would have went a long way.

I can't argue with you. He is a great teammate, puts his all into every play, and has made a few memorable plays. But overall, he's average at best. Too small for DT, too slow for DE.

Agree with both of you.

Almost as laughable as Bill Polian assembling a roster that required Jacob Lacey & Joe Lefeged to be starters in a 4 man defensive backfield, was him trying to pass off Eric Foster as an NFL DT.

I get on my knees and thank the Lord every day for the Polians no longer being associated with the Indianapolis Colts.

Can someone still explain to me this team needed a rebuild? A team without a star QB, rattled by injury, and being emotionally shook is going to have a bad season. Doesn't mean it needs a rebuild. Still think getting run plugging DTs and a shutdown corner would have went a long way.

It was coming in one of two formats. The way were seeing it play out now....or...a sudden wipe of elderly players without the advantage of high-end draft picks. I always felt that when Manning left it would be this way, a total deconstruct. I just thought that was a few years off yet before all this started in motion.

I agree that there was some overreaction to our bad season, that it was a much more talented team than one would expect with such a horrid record. We got a chance to redeem ourselves here. Our horseshoe has been mocked and the entire league and it's fans see us as nothing but a one trick pony that doesn't have said pony anymore (PM). It's time to get our respect back.

I thought Foster was a good player.....he was interviewed a couple of months ago....said he had been rehabing and lifting ...gained weight and was near 300 pounds....still....don't think the current staff will find a use for him in as they evolve into a 3-4....

He's a FA, that I almost guarantee will not be back. Not only did he have one of the worst injuries I've ever seen in football, but he does not fit well anywhere on D. He can't play NT, because he's 270 pounds. He can't play DE, because he's not big enough. He can't play 3-4 OLB, because he's too slow. He can't play in the secondary...

Any word on his recovery? I assume he's ready to go. Dude was alright in my book. A high end motor and he really made a difference on several plays. I think his presence in the run game was hurt by our small DE's spinning themselves out of too many plays. Either way, good luck to him in wherever he goes.

Yeah he is to small to play DE or NT in our scheme and way to slow for OLB. He is most likely gone.

I would definitely say that he was closer to 300 than his listed size would indicate. I always liked the guy and at a minimal contract would like to see him at least be at camp. I remember a Jacksonville game where Freeney was hurt, Foster stepped in and got 2 sacks. He may not be a prototypical DT or DE, but he is a football player. He can play either position, and I think would be valuable as a DE in the hybrid. Plus on pass rush downs, he and Nevis on the inside could be pretty solid.

Our team was the worst in the NFL last season (as you mention). Our cap was in shreads thanks to very poor Front Office management, so we fired them. Most of our coaches couldn't coach themselves out of a paper bag, so we fired them as well. Manning hid most of discrepancies, so time for a new direction, defensively for sure. Our rota was full of underacheiving expensive or injury prone talent, so we had to get rid and re-stock. We have our first set of high round picks for 10 years, so a good time to re-stock. Manning is gone, and we need a fresh approach to training camp and a fresh approach to how we play.

Irsay is doing the correct thing. Whether it works is the BIG question. I can live with either outcome, and will not bleat about the collective direction we are making. If we stink it up for the next few years, then we try something else.

I feel you are having trouble letting go......join the HPMC and all will be better......

Our team was the worst in the NFL last season (as you mention). Our cap was in shreads thanks to very poor Front Office management, so we fired them. Most of our coaches couldn't coach themselves out of a paper bag, so we fired them as well. Manning hid most of discrepancies, so time for a new direction, defensively for sure. Our rota was full of underacheiving expensive or injury prone talent, so we had to get rid and re-stock. We have our first set of high round picks for 10 years, so a good time to re-stock. Manning is gone, and we need a fresh approach to training camp and a fresh approach to how we play.

Irsay is doing the correct thing. Whether it works is the BIG question. I can live with either outcome, and will not bleat about the collective direction we are making. If we stink it up for the next few years, then we try something else.

I feel you are having trouble letting go......join the HPMC and all will be better......

If we suck it was the wrong decision. I don't disagree with anything staff wise that was done. Jim and Chris Polian needed to be showed the door. Or for that matter never allowed to enter said door. I rather not see us turn into the Cleveland Browns because of one bad season that was immensely overblown. Players that made no contribution needed to be let go. Not the ones that carried the team. The offense wasn't at fault for any short comings we had. If it isn't broken do not fix it. Yet our offense is the one getting the overhaul. We have so much money to play with next year. We could have built a strong defense. Peyton's termination saved us 5 million only. So his releasing really played no factor.

Like I said panic moves based on an overblown season.

If we suck it was the wrong decision. I don't disagree with anything staff wise that was done. Jim and Chris Polian needed to be showed the door. Or for that matter never allowed to enter said door. I rather not see us turn into the Cleveland Browns because of one bad season that was immensely overblown. Players that made no contribution needed to be let go. Not the ones that carried the team. The offense wasn't at fault for any short comings we had. If it isn't broken do not fix it. Yet our offense is the one getting the overhaul. We have so much money to play with next year. We could have built a strong defense. Peyton's termination saved us 5 million only. So his releasing really played no factor.

Like I said panic moves based on an overblown season.

You IMO are right sir.

He certainly wasn't one of the top D-linemen in the league, but he had a high motor, good character, good work ethic, and came cheap.

Yes, I do. So many plays I remember where the dude just ain't movin, but the ball carrier was.

EDIT: Good find, 21. Thanks for posting that vid. I wish we'd keep him. Still young and could be a solid player for us at a decent price.

That could be why they let him go FA, other teams saw the injury and are wary and the Colts could get him back at a good value.

That could be why they let him go FA, other teams saw the injury and are wary and the Colts could get him back at a good value.

That was a terrible injury.. He shut his twitter down when he got out of the hospital, so i havent heard anything related to his rehab