Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?

horseshoepower

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Jacob Lacey Is A Lion,Are the Lions Your Second Team Now?

• Yes, I'm a Liolt
    • No, I Don't Care About Them
    • Second? They Are My First Team Now!
    • I'm A Colt Fan That Is Rejoicing That Lacey Is Gone!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke?

Yep, it is a joke.

Listen, Jacob Lacey is not in the same vein as Peyton Manning for the Colts. No matter how much the "new Luck/Griffin era" fans want people who are still clingy to Peyton to move on, it is going to take A LOT OF TIME. Till then, instead of stirring the pot, it is best to leave the Peyton fans alone. Not the right way to approach it. Just my two cents.

Jeez, there are a bunch of high school girls on either side, it seems like.

Till then, instead of stirring the pot, it is best to leave the Peyton fans alone. Not the right way to approach it. Just my two cents.

Jeez, there are a bunch of high school girls on either side, it seems like.

So what, pray tell, would be the right way to approach it, in your view?

So what, pray tell, would be the right way to approach it, in your view?

Just start threads that talk about Colts football and current Colts players. The mods and everyone are getting in line with having Peyton threads in NFL General, things seem to be settling down for the most part. Business as usual, is that hard to abide by?

Just start threads that talk about Colts football and current Colts players. The mods and everyone are getting in line with having Peyton threads in NFL General, things seem to be settling down for the most part. Business as usual, is that hard to abide by?

That method does not approach it at all. All that method does is continue to avoid it, as we have been doing.

No, it's not hard at all.

That method does not approach it at all. All that method does is continue to avoid it, as we have been doing.

No, it's not hard at all.

Sometimes, doing less is more. Like I said, you see it differently, and I will agree to disagree.

Sometimes, doing less is more. Like I said, you see it differently, and I will agree to disagree.

I agree that sometimes doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing.

However, I think in certain situations like this, nothing anyone can do will really heal the rift, until the team wins a SB, or maybe 2.

In the meantime, maybe the best thing to do is to continue to laugh at it.

However, I think in certain situations like this, nothing anyone can do will really heal the rift, until the team wins a SB, or maybe 2.

You're right, probably nothing is going to heal the rift. But creating more and more threads like this are simply going to pick at the scab and not ever let it heal.

True. However, for the emotional ones, I am afraid a longer reconciliation comes before laughter and closure comes slowly. Thus I dont want to take a step backwards from the few steps forward we have taken in the last week :).

haha this thread is hilarious! Yes, I'm a Liolt now because Lacey was the bread and butter of this team.

On a serious note I do wish him the best in Detroit. I can see a competent coaching staff turning him into a fair player kind of like the Bears did with Jennings.

I certainly don't intend to censor any light hearted comments I make just in case I offend those who are still full of rage /disappointment / grief etc. As long as I'm not flaming or breaking the rules.

I got the parody. If folk can't have a giggle at themselves or each other, then it's a sad day.

This is not life or death.

I certainly don't intend to censor any light hearted comments I make just in case I offend those who are still full of rage /disappointment / grief etc. As long as I'm not flaming or breaking the rules.

I got the parody. If folk can't have a giggle at themselves or each other, then it's a sad day.

This is not life or death.

Sorry Frog, typed mine before I saw yours. Looks like we are in agreement.

I don't know SusieQ. If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we are sorely missing out on one of the pleasures of life.

Laughing at yourself is one thing, but laughing at others is very different. If the thread were started by someone who was having a tough time dealing with the loss of Peyton and took offense to the "is Denver your 2nd favorite team now" thread, then posting this thread could very well be a sign that that person is moving on and laughing at his or herself. On the other hand, if the thread were started by someone who was all for moving on from Peyton and posted this as a jab at those who are still coming to terms with Peyton playing for another team then the whole point of the thread becomes something very different.

Laughing at yourself is one thing, but laughing at others is very different. If the thread were started by someone who was having a tough time dealing with the loss of Peyton and took offense to the "is Denver your 2nd favorite team now" thread, then posting this thread could very well be a sign that that person is moving on and laughing at his or herself. On the other hand, if the thread were started by someone who was all for moving on from Peyton and posted this as a jab at those who are still coming to terms with Peyton playing for another team then the whole point of the thread becomes something very different.

Well said :). It purely boils down to "who started the thread" and "who are they trying to get a giggle out of". Obviously they are not giggling at themselves in the name of humor. That is why I felt less at this point is more.

Jason, I will not pretend to know what the exact motivations are of the OP.

Suffice it to say that the parody is one worthy of a laugh or at least a giggle.

For those of us who suffered major emotional trauma associated with Manning's separation from the team, and are sufficiently recovered enough to see the humor in it, this is a good thing.

For those of us who suffered major emotional trauma associated with Manning's separation from the team, and are not sufficiently recovered enough, they can choose to ignore this thread until such time they are able to see the humor in it.

The mods will decide, just like the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), when it is necessary to issue the emergency vaccinations, or to let natural immunity build.

Jason, I will not pretend to know what the exact motivations are of the OP.

Suffice it to say that the parody is one worthy of a laugh or at least a giggle.

For those of us who suffered major emotional trauma associated with Manning's separation from the team, and are sufficiently recovered enough to see the humor in it, this is a good thing.

For those of us who suffered major emotional trauma associated with Manning's separation from the team, and are not sufficiently recovered enough, they can choose to ignore this thread until such time they are able to see the humor in it.

The mods will decide, just like the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), when it is necessary to issue the emergency vaccinations, or to let natural immunity build.

The best post of yours in this thread, just had to give the kudos!!! +1

I don't know SusieQ. If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we are sorely missing out on one of the pleasures of life.

Don't have a problem with that but the board has been calm in the last week and would be nice to keep it that way. :bag:

I do believe I am a closet Liolt.

Lacey stood for so many qualities I love in a player; dedication, hard work and passion. He gave it his all.

I hope the Lions can win a ring for him but I felt his chances were better with the 49ers.

I think switching teams is a kneejerk reaction to a change you don't like I'm guilty of this way back in 1999 when Marshall Faulk was sent off in his prime for a draft pick I started rooting for the Rams also. I really wasn't a Ram fan over the long haul, I haven't even watched a Ram game since 2008. If a Colt fan said they are now a bronco fan how will they look back to those playoff matchups in 2003-2004? what happens when talking to a long time Bronco fan, "those losses didn't bother me. you see, I didn't become a Bronco fan until 2012" they will be exiled from the Bronco Nation inner circle. So it's just better to stay with your team and say I liked them during this era but, switching teams is hard to do in the long run. NBA bandwagon jumping is much more common so common you rarely meet NBA fans of a certain team. How many people stayed Wizard fans after Michael Jordan retired the third time?

I do believe I am a closet Liolt.

Lacey stood for so many qualities I love in a player; dedication, hard work and passion. He gave it his all.

I hope the Lions can win a ring for him but I felt his chances were better with the 49ers.

Liolt or Con, just kidding :).

He was comfortable with his cushion too, you left that part out :).

Liolt or Con, just kidding :).

He was comfortable with his cushion too, you left that part out :).

He will work on the cushion.

I am dreading playing the Lions next season. Lacey is gonna make us PAY. Irsay......what were you thinking?