Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?

horseshoepower

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Jacob Lacey Is A Lion,Are the Lions Your Second Team Now?

• Yes, I'm a Liolt
    • No, I Don't Care About Them
    • Second? They Are My First Team Now!
    • I'm A Colt Fan That Is Rejoicing That Lacey Is Gone!

9168789-large.jpg

Look up Jacob Lacey in the dictionary and what do you find?

Shutdown Corner.

Where is that Jeremy Shockey SB TD vs Lacey pic? That was just as classic, all came in the same 2009 postseason :(.

A case of "you can run but you cant hide, Mr. Lacey, we will find you" :).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Mind reading boggles me! I already bought my Lacey Lions Jersey!!

In all fairness though I live right across the river from Detroit so if the Lions were to ever win the superbowl (geeze who would have ever even entertained the idea?!?)

I'd be happy for them..and this year I'm going to see the colts when they come to visit!! yay!

Laughing at yourself is one thing, but laughing at others is very different. If the thread were started by someone who was having a tough time dealing with the loss of Peyton and took offense to the "is Denver your 2nd favorite team now" thread, then posting this thread could very well be a sign that that person is moving on and laughing at his or herself. On the other hand, if the thread were started by someone who was all for moving on from Peyton and posted this as a jab at those who are still coming to terms with Peyton playing for another team then the whole point of the thread becomes something very different.

Good point, no malice intended. I wanted 5 more years of Manning! but, obviously it's not my decision. I was just trying to let go and move on. Since I don't live near Indiana I will probably get to see the Colts maybe twice? next season while Manning and the Broncos will be on probably every week on a CBS lategame or nightgame. personally I'm not going to watch a majority of the Bronco games because it will be a little too much like the Colts in new unis (horse-family). hey if he gets them to the superbowl great! but, I'm still not buying Bronco merchandise.

Laughing at yourself is one thing, but laughing at others is very different. If the thread were started by someone who was having a tough time dealing with the loss of Peyton and took offense to the "is Denver your 2nd favorite team now" thread, then posting this thread could very well be a sign that that person is moving on and laughing at his or herself. On the other hand, if the thread were started by someone who was all for moving on from Peyton and posted this as a jab at those who are still coming to terms with Peyton playing for another team then the whole point of the thread becomes something very different.

Surely having a laugh is all that counts. At whose expense is irrelevant. You'd think.

I know that this thread is a joke, and is about Lacey, but the Lions actually are my second favorite team. I've liked watching them, especially since Barry Sanders joined their team. It was tough to watch them after he left the team, but they're fun again. I like Jahvid Best and hope he can stay healthy.

9168789-large.jpg

Look up Jacob Lacey in the dictionary and what do you find?

Shutdown Corner.

haha

Also when using dictionary we find out that Jacob is the second son of Isaac, the twin brother of Esau, and father of the 12 patriarchs. Gen. 25:24–34. Lacey is also a town in Washington. So when we combine them we get as follows:

Jacob Lacey is the second son of Isaac, the twin brother of Esau, and father of the 12 patriarchs, Gen 25:24–34, who lives in a town in W Washington with a population of 13,940.

haha

Also when using dictionary we find out that Jacob is the second son of Isaac, the twin brother of Esau, and father of the 12 patriarchs. Gen. 25:24–34. Lacey is also a town in Washington. So when we combine them we get as follows:

Jacob Lacey is the second son of Isaac, the twin brother of Esau, and father of the 12 patriarchs, Gen 25:24–34, who lives in a town in W Washington with a population of 13,940.

Well obviously....everyone already knew he was the father of the 12 patriarchs.

Such has been known since the beginning of Man.

In all seriousness, I really don't like the Lions because of Suh and Schwartz. I felt bad for them before since they were so bad, but with the terrible attitude shown by Suh and Schwartz, I'm not a fan

I emphatically agree with you! I think Suh can be kind of a punk but he maybe will wise up the older he gets!

Hopefully. I never considered him a dirty player, but once he stomped on the Packers' player, my opinion changed

I've read a lot about Suh that speaks to him being a pretty bad dude in locker rooms. Also he regressed last year, and as Sapp said, it's because he hasn't put enough effort into refining his craft. In college all he had to do was push the linemen out of the way. It worked in his rookie year, but everyone figured him out for his second year, and thus the slump.

I've read a lot about Suh that speaks to him being a pretty bad dude in locker rooms. Also he regressed last year, and as Sapp said, it's because he hasn't put enough effort into refining his craft. In college all he had to do was push the linemen out of the way. It worked in his rookie year, but everyone figured him out for his second year, and thus the slump.

I agree with him. He simply overpowered people in college and he had a solid rookie season, but once teams had some film on him to figure him out, they neutralized him pretty easily. He needs to work on his pass rushing moves. The talent is there and since he is so talented, it's a shame that he is labelled as a dirty player, but it's a label he brought onto himself

With Jacob Lacey Going To The Lions, How Do You Feel About A Post-Jacob Lacey Colt Era?

It is undeniable what Lacey has done over the years for this franchise and team. I really hope he holds a presser and re-assures us that while he's leaving the colts he isn't leaving the city of Indianapolis.

It is undeniable what Lacey has done over the years for this franchise and team. I really hope he holds a presser and re-assures us that while he's leaving the colts he isn't leaving the city of Indianapolis.

Lacey is engraved in this city.

Time will heal all wounds.

Thank You Very Much From The Bottom Of My Heart, I Truly Have Enjoyed Being Your Cornerback" I sure have loved playing football for the Indianapolis Colts," he said. "I've been a Colt my entire adult life ... but we know nothing lasts forever."

-Jacob Lacey (forever a Colt)

Disclaimer:the following is not factual, and are quotes attributed to Peyton Manning, taken out of context for Jacob Lacey,and is to waste time until April 3rd when the complaints over the Nike uniforms starts.

I do believe I am a closet Liolt.

Lacey stood for so many qualities I love in a player; dedication, hard work and passion. He gave it his all.

I hope the Lions can win a ring for him but I felt his chances were better with the 49ers.

I really liked the Lions in the beginning of last season...they came out so strong in the beginning. Schwartz on the othe hand just totally ruined them for me, even before the Jim/Jim altercation..all those fist pumps he was doing.

I do like Stafford and wish him lots of success.

The new Luck fans are no better than the bandwaggon Peyton fans they like to belittle. Luck is just the current flavor of the decade. However, eventually the Colts will have to move on from him as well and these same Luck fanboys will be cast into the role of "disgruntled player fan". That's what typically happens when you choose to support an individual more than the team. So Luck fans need not laugh too hard at the expense of these Peytonites.

All that said, this poll made me chuckle. Liolt. :number1:

The new Luck fans are no better than the bandwaggon Peyton fans they like to belittle. Luck is just the current flavor of the decade. However, eventually the Colts will have to move on from him as well and these same Luck fanboys will be cast into the role of "disgruntled player fan". That's what typically happens when you choose to support an individual more than the team. So Luck fans need not laugh too hard at the expense of these Peytonites.

All that said, this poll made me chuckle. Liolt. :number1:

I think you mistake the Colts fans who foresaw the end of the Peyton Manning era as Luck fanboys.

I think the Colts fans who foresaw that, and were ready to move on to the new QB who would be most likely drafted with the #1 overall pick will be better prepared to move on from him as well, once his career with the Colts is at an end.

article-1265618025707-0831AAA8000005DC-603960_466x321.jpg

How could anyone forget Lacey's best moment? Shutdown Corner!

Not only did they pick on Lacey for the Shockey TD, but also that 2 pt. conversion after that to Lance Moore. Man, that is brutal!!!

That was adding insult to injury.

I think you mistake the Colts fans who foresaw the end of the Peyton Manning era as Luck fanboys.

I think the Colts fans who foresaw that, and were ready to move on to the new QB who would be most likely drafted with the #1 overall pick will be better prepared to move on from him as well, once his career with the Colts is at an end.

No...I know the difference between Colts fans who foresaw the end of the Manning era (as I was one) and Luck fan boys. My comment was directed towards the latter.

In all seriousness, I really don't like the Lions because of Suh and Schwartz. I felt bad for them before since they were so bad, but with the terrible attitude shown by Suh and Schwartz, I'm not a fan

Suh just gets a bad wrap because of the media hype surrounding him, watch more Lions games and you'll learn to appreciate his greatness and the unfair microscope he's been under.. there's a lot worse out there, who is was it from the Saints that kicked a head of a down guy, can't remember, will have to look it up or talk to my football buddy I know will remember.. anyway give 'em a chance.. Still love my Lions even if the HC is a "schwartz" ...