Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?

horseshoepower

Are The Lions Your Second Team Now?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Jacob Lacey Is A Lion,Are the Lions Your Second Team Now?

• Yes, I'm a Liolt
    • No, I Don't Care About Them
    • Second? They Are My First Team Now!
    • I'm A Colt Fan That Is Rejoicing That Lacey Is Gone!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No my master plan failed! My forum domination with tiny letters and ugly colors doesn't fool the mighty superman!

you mean the packer player that was untieing his shoes the whole game, sat on him to hold him down and then Suh stomped him?..to bad he retaliated, of course the guy that throws the last punch is always the one in trouble

I am a Lions/Colts fan. My favorite NFC/AFC Teams. I for one, would love to see a Lions/Colts Super Bowl. I'd be happy no matter who won the game. I find it interesting to say the least that Lacey is now a Lion; and Drew Stanton is now a Colt. I like Drew Stanton; he has a strong arm and is mobile. if I had a choice of Orlovsky vs Stanton; all I can say is a quote from my friend Southpaw; "I never seen Drew Stanton run out of the back of the end zone." :oops:

Suh just gets a bad wrap because of the media hype surrounding him, watch more Lions games and you'll learn to appreciate his greatness and the unfair microscope he's been under.. there's a lot worse out there, who is was it from the Saints that kicked a head of a down guy, can't remember, will have to look it up or talk to my football buddy I know will remember.. anyway give 'em a chance.. Still love my Lions even if the HC is a "schwartz" ...

He should know that as the 2nd overall pick, the microscope is going to be on him. He loses his cool too often and does things that cost his team. I'm not a Suh fan anymore

The play where Suh supposedly kicked a down player last thanksgiving game was way overhyped. I watched it. The Packers o-linemen was trying to untie Suh's shoe and looked more like Suh was trying to pull his foot away from said Packer player. It was more like an arm stop; but Packer fans & media played it up as a head stomp. Watch the video if it's still available. Great players are always hated. I hate Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis, & Jared Allen. But I have to give it up for them; they are all great players.

Youtube had the video but removed it; because they claim it violated youtube terms. I did find it and it appears to be a total instigation acting job on the part of Packer players. The Green Bay o-linemen executed a wrestling arm bar drag down meneuver on Suh and Suh wound up on the bottom of a pile. He was trying to get back to his feet & Packer players started shoving him as said o_lineman appeared to try to untie Suh's shoe. Suh tried to jerk his foot away and was accused of stomping. If there was a stomp; it was the guys arm. NOT HIS HEAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDmCVSnn1U

Youtube had the video but removed it; because they claim it violated youtube terms. I did find it and it appears to be a total instigation acting job on the part of Packer players. The Green Bay o-linemen executed a wrestling arm bar drag down meneuver on Suh and Suh wound up on the bottom of a pile. He was trying to get back to his feet & Packer players started shoving him as said o_lineman appeared to try to untie Suh's shoe. Suh tried to jerk his foot away and was accused of stomping. If there was a stomp; it was the guys arm. NOT HIS HEAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDmCVSnn1U

He clearly stomped on him.. It doesnt matter what part of the body, its still not legal..

Agreed. But my beef is with those who played it up as a head stomp. It amazes me how some will take an incident, and exagerate it, and the exagerated version becomes the real story. Football is a highly spirited game; and Suh is a young and emotional player. He let his emotions control his reactions in the heat of battle and it cost him & the Lions. He is very talented & he will learn.from his mistakes. His passion is going to make him one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game. If he can stay healthy.

Yep, it is a joke.

Listen, Jacob Lacey is not in the same vein as Peyton Manning for the Colts. No matter how much the "new Luck/Griffin era" fans want people who are still clingy to Peyton to move on, it is going to take A LOT OF TIME. Till then, instead of stirring the pot, it is best to leave the Peyton fans alone. Not the right way to approach it. Just my two cents.

Jeez, there are a bunch of high school girls on either side, it seems like.

Touche :manning: :thmup:

The play where Suh supposedly kicked a down player last thanksgiving game was way overhyped. I watched it. The Packers o-linemen was trying to untie Suh's shoe and looked more like Suh was trying to pull his foot away from said Packer player. It was more like an arm stop; but Packer fans & media played it up as a head stomp. Watch the video if it's still available. Great players are always hated. I hate Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis, & Jared Allen. But I have to give it up for them; they are all great players.

funny, I like all those guys and Suh.. guess I like the bad boys then.. If it were 1980 these guys would be on the highlight replays as the "greatest"..

He should know that as the 2nd overall pick, the microscope is going to be on him. He loses his cool too often and does things that cost his team. I'm not a Suh fan anymore

true, but I think the microscope is dialed in for ratings and they love to hype the "bad boys"...it's not dialed in on the good stuff nearly enough.. maybe he can turn is rep. around this year... I'm hoping so.

true, but I think the microscope is dialed in for ratings and they love to hype the "bad boys"...it's not dialed in on the good stuff nearly enough.. maybe he can turn is rep. around this year... I'm hoping so.

I must disagree. He simply loses his cool. Bradford was the first overall pick and is under the microscope to a greater extent since he is also a QB. However, despite going through a frustrating year where he was injured and his team had little success, Bradford never lost his cool. He never complained about how he has no weapons and the offensive line isn't all that great. He was never seen getting into it with his coaches or teammates and certainly never did anything like Suh did. Yeah, the microscope is there and everything they do will be scrutinized, but it isn't that hard to not have the bad boy label be put on you

Those that mean the thread to be humorous, it is great. We need more humor and light heartedness around here these days. :cheer:

Those who are using it for their own devices to be snarky, not so cool and not as clever as you think. Just don't go there. Let's keep it in the spirit it which it was (hopefully) intended. ;)

Best wishes to Lacey.

I must disagree. He simply loses his cool. Bradford was the first overall pick and is under the microscope to a greater extent since he is also a QB. However, despite going through a frustrating year where he was injured and his team had little success, Bradford never lost his cool. He never complained about how he has no weapons and the offensive line isn't all that great. He was never seen getting into it with his coaches or teammates and certainly never did anything like Suh did. Yeah, the microscope is there and everything they do will be scrutinized, but it isn't that hard to not have the bad boy label be put on you

Uncle!

From what I see and remember of this incident, stomping had very little to do with it. I think that the foot action was more about trying to disengage himself then stomping, but then again characterizing the Packer player as "trying to untie his shoe" is a bit bizarre. Even if he had time to think of such a thing it is incredibly unlikely that he would have the manual dexterity to try it - at high speed with hands likely taped up. That just makes no sense what-so-ever. Suh was primarily trying to pull away, but took the opportunity to get a little extra foot action in. But by itself it might not have been the end of the world.

The problem, however, is the part seconds earlier where the Packer is lying on the ground with Suh above him, and Suh has the Packer players head in his hand and repeatedly attempts to smash it against the ground. What is your defense for that part, was the Packer attempting to take his gloves off with his teeth? It's pretty clear from this incident and others that Suh has a problem controlling himself. The referee and league response was completely appropriate.

Don't get me wrong though. Suh seems like a great guy off of the field. I just don't like how he acts on the field

I was holding my arm behind my own back saying UNCLE (from the looks of your avatar you could do some damage). We agree to disagree, been fun back and forth, I'm sure we could go on for days.. I like Suh better on the field, off he's been a bit immature IMO, the whole accident thing and his reaction. He does have to learn some decorum and how to present his case. If it were 1980 his style of play would be applauded. I know it's 2012 and everybody has to play nice. :)

I was holding my arm behind my own back saying UNCLE (from the looks of your avatar you could do some damage). We agree to disagree, been fun back and forth, I'm sure we could go on for days.. I like Suh better on the field, off he's been a bit immature IMO, the whole accident thing and his reaction. He does have to learn some decorum and how to present his case. If it were 1980 his style of play would be applauded. I know it's 2012 and everybody has to play nice. :)

haha you've got nothing to worry about. My physique is nothing like Bob's...Bob could probably squat more than 2 of me

haha you've got nothing to worry about. My physique is nothing like Bob's...Bob could probably squat more than 2 of me

You mean you aren't a half-cyborg mechano-man ripped with human muscle tissue and squeezing a football all the time? Really? I thought avatars were accurate digital representations?

A parody of the "Are The Broncos Your Second Team Now?"

We have had so much turnover with the Gm/Coaching Staff/Players & now fans so let's see how many other players will take fans away or divide Colts Nation. I could have picked Garcon,Saturday,etc but,no I picked Lacey.

Kinda like "Are the Packers your second team now?"...boy, i bet we can go on and on about different team seeing how every player wanted to leave Indy. lol