• Windsor being waived
    • Blankenship winning the K job
    • Only keeping 8 OL
    • Keeping 7 LBs
    • Not keeping a 4th TE
    • Stallworth making the team / keeping 3 NTs
    • Keeping 3 QBs on the 53
    • Other - please specify
  2. 2. Do you think we'll pick up someone on the waiver wire, or make a trade tomorrow?

3. 3. Are you surprised Turay is on the PUP/Reserve, missing at least 6 games?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2020 at 08:00 PM

It was close for me, but picked 7 LBs over Blankenship. Given we only use 3 LB sets about 20ish % of the time, 7 seems very high given potential needs like TE and OL. Perhaps it means we'll go man D more, and use more 3 LB sets. All I know is STs better be darn good if we keep 7 LBs all season.

I think we'll try to pick up an OL, TE, or DE. Maybe even a DB. 

And yes, surprised Turay is out min 6 weeks. What a bummer. Hope AQM and Autry are up to the task.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It was close for me, but picked 7 LBs over Blankenship. Given we only use 3 LB sets about 20ish % of the time, 7 seems very high given potential needs like TE and OL. Perhaps it means we'll go man D more, and use more 3 LB sets. All I know is STs better be darn good if we keep 7 LBs all season.

And yes, surprised Turay is out min 6 weeks. What a bummer. Hope AQM and Autry are up to the task.

I voted only keeping 8 OLineman and yes and yes.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hands down to me was the Kicker spot. Really thought it wasn’t even close looking back at the tweets from camp. Something must have stood out to the coaches and such that we aren’t aware of

I knew the "contest" was pretty close, and I know he was top ranked K by most talking heads, and I know he has a stronger leg and likely higher upside........ but I thought they'd go conservative and stand pat.

I'm going to be nervous if we're kicking late in a close game now. Flashbacks to South Carolina.

giphy.gif

I'm still more surprised we kept 7 LBs though.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I knew the "contest" was pretty close, and I know he was top ranked K by most talking heads, and I know he has a stronger leg and likely higher upside........ but I thought they'd go conservative and stand pat.

I'm going to be nervous if we're kicking late in a close game now. Flashbacks to South Carolina.

giphy.gif

Terrifying Dungeons And Dragons GIF by Hyper RPG as the last second kick happens haha 

Went keeping 7 LBs - although I could see one dropped if we need to add someone.

Dulin was 2nd for me.

Voted yes - definitely think there is still some roster movement to incur tomorrow.

Voted no - wasnt surprised about Turay, with him recovering still, even if he was only going to miss 3-4 weeks, don't see it being a good idea to rush him back. Give him another 7 weeks including this one and hope for the best.

Between Autry, Lewis, Banogu, Muhammad I think we can have it covered.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I could see us trading one of our LBs or we’ll waive one to pick up someone on the waiver wire

I'm surprised Windsor was cut. I sort of expected that Sheldon Day would be a surprise cut, or placed on IR. he hasn't played at all since hurting his knee.

I guess they're hoping that Windsor doesn't get picked up and can be signed to our PS

35 minutes ago, Gigc said:

I'm surprised Windsor was cut. I sort of expected that Sheldon Day would be a surprise cut, or placed on IR. he hasn't played at all since hurting his knee.

I guess they're hoping that Windsor doesn't get picked up and can be signed to our PS

Yeah one of the Colts insiders said they are hoping to get him back for the PS

12 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I could see us trading one of our LBs or we’ll waive one to pick up someone on the waiver wire

I think it's more a waive situation for the LBs. I think the team wants to keep them around, and holding onto them a day or so longer also protects them a bit in the sense it might increase their chances of making it to the PS.

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Can’t be worse than last year holding our breath with AV, as much as I’m a huge fan!

No doubt (AV). I would have been less anxious though with Chase.

11 hours ago, Gigc said:

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah one of the Colts insiders said they are hoping to get him back for the PS

What makes me mad about this is that since we cut him, we no longer have him under contract for his 4 year rookie deal. If we do get him back on the practice squad, it'll be a one-year deal where anyone can poach him, and we'll have to worry about re-signing him next year even if we do call him up. This and the kicker move were absolutely terrible to me. 

18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What makes me mad about this is that since we cut him, we no longer have him under contract for his 4 year rookie deal. If we do get him back on the practice squad, it'll be a one-year deal where anyone can poach him, and we'll have to worry about re-signing him next year even if we do call him up. This and the kicker move were absolutely terrible to me. 

easy enough to do.  Kicker move i'll give you that, i can't seem to understand that rationale. 

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you're really putting too much stock in Windsor. Good kid and hard worker, but he's just not all that IMO. He's a tweener DT. He'll never be a 3 down 3T, and really too small to be an effective NT in the NFL. His film was OK vs mediocre teams, and pretty bad vs upper comp. He, and Glasgow were the only two picks that didn't excite me. I get the Glasgow STs pick a bit, but the Windsor pick seemed like a huge reach. It was a 6th rounder, so no harm done. Time will tell, but I see him bouncing around PSs for a few years and then fading away. Chase on the other hand surprised me a tad bit, but I get it.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

When will we know  about the PS?

Any player released after 4 p.m. on Friday through the 4 p.m. roster cuts on Saturday will be eligible for claiming on Sunday. Teams have until noon ET on Sunday to put in their claims, after which the league assigns claimed players to their new teams. So it'll probably be sometime after noon today that teams start to release their PS rosters.

5 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Any player released after 4 p.m. on Friday through the 4 p.m. roster cuts on Saturday will be eligible for claiming on Sunday. Teams have until noon ET on Sunday to put in their claims, after which the league assigns claimed players to their new teams. So it'll probably be sometime after noon today that teams start to release their PS rosters.

Teams can begin signing up to 16 players to their practice squad beginning at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, September 6.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2020/9/4/21420151/2020-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-size-roster-cuts-covid-19-coronavirus

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

When will we know  about the PS?

From what I understand....

4pm Sat to Sunday Noon is the waiver/claim window. Team priority is determined by record (like the draft), and it's unlimited. For instance, Cinci can claim as many as they want (players with less than 4 accrued seasons), as long as they put them on the 53 ahead of other teams. 

At 1pm, all teams must have reported their claims (for the 53). 

After 1pm, all teams are able to finalize their PS (the players are still subject to claims if they are put on the 53).

Note - now that teams are able to put 4 players with unlimited accrued seasons on their PSs, not sure how that works (from a waive/claim). I'm guessing their still treated like vets during the 4pm to 1pm period.

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not surprised by Turay. He appears to b brittle and I am not sure how much impact he will have as a Colt moving forward. Best year was as a freshman in college then struggled with injuries. Thats why i was some what perplexed they passed on Sweat last year but drafted Turay with his injury history.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not surprised by Turay. He appears to b brittle and I am not sure how much impact he will have as a Colt moving forward. Best year was as a freshman in college then struggled with injuries. Thats why i was some what perplexed they passed on Sweat last year but drafted Turay with his injury history.

I wanted Sweat too. 

Not going to stamp Turay as glass yet.

Just now, EastStreet said:

8 sacks and 2 FFs is pretty good for a rook.

Yes, I was like damn Ballard. Could u imagine him and Houston and now Buckner????  I think that it  is a decision that I really think Ballard needs to own.  I really hope to God Kinlaw  is a bust. Sweat.....Houston....Kinlaw and say Stewart. Quite young and cheap

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes, I was like damn Ballard. Could u imagine him and Houston and now Buckner????  I think that it  is a decision that I really think Ballard needs to own.  I really hope to God Kinlaw  is a bust. Sweat.....Houston....Kinlaw and say Stewart. Quite young and cheap

I was much higher on Sweat than Kinlaw. And I'm happy we took Buckner over Kinlaw. 

But yes, having Sweat/Buckner/Stewart/Houston together would be a ferocious front 4

Archived