• Windsor being waived
    • Blankenship winning the K job
    • Only keeping 8 OL
    • Keeping 7 LBs
    • Not keeping a 4th TE
    • Stallworth making the team / keeping 3 NTs
    • Keeping 3 QBs on the 53
    • Other - please specify
  2. 2. Do you think we'll pick up someone on the waiver wire, or make a trade tomorrow?

3. 3. Are you surprised Turay is on the PUP/Reserve, missing at least 6 games?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Its Banogu and Pittman Jr and Marvell Tell III

Vs

Sweat

Dont think there is anything to "own" by Ballard.

Way to early to judge the trade.

Too early to judge is true, but we have some data already.

Sweat - 8 sacks and 2 FFs last year. Going to assume he does as good or better this year.

VS 

Banogu - not much at all last year, not much about him in camp this year

Tell - a little depth contribution last year, opted out this year

Pittman - rook who kinda struggled in camp and outplayed by similar body type 6th rounder

Personally, I think Pittman will develop into a stud despite camp struggles. I'm not optimistic about Banogu, and thought it was a bad pick during the draft (due to scheme he came from). Tell is a tweener/coversion project and could go either way.

So far, advantage Sweat, but I think we'll know a lot more later this year.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Too early to judge is true, but we have some data already.

Sweat - 8 sacks and 2 FFs last year. Going to assume he does as good or better this year.

VS 

Banogu - not much at all last year, not much about him in camp this year

Tell - a little depth contribution last year, opted out this year

Pittman - rook who kinda struggled in camp and outplayed by similar body type 6th rounder

Personally, I think Pittman will develop into a stud despite camp struggles. I'm not optimistic about Banogu, and thought it was a bad pick during the draft (due to scheme he came from). Tell is a tweener/coversion project and could go either way.

So far, advantage Sweat, but I think we'll know a lot more later this year.

Banogu had 2.5 sacks 1ff in 273 snaps

Tell was battling for a starter job in camp

Pittman obviously nothing yet. 

Sweat 8 sacks and 2 ff in 729 snaps

Sweat almost tripled Banogu snap count. If Banogu played that many snaps, he would of most likely been on par with Sweat stats.

I'll take the 3 players over Sweat. Also, if we weren't sitting on Washingtons 34th pick this year, we probably are less likely to ship out our 1st for Buckner.

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

To be fair, Pitt was consistently going up against our best. Patmon (from what I read) was not. It's a bit easier to shine against 2s and 3s than someone else who's going against against 1s. And quite frankly, I'm pleased the rookie didn't outperform our 1s. 

I think there's also some differences in the types of routes they were running, but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

Both WRs are on a learning curve, drinking out of the fire hose, at the moment. I think both will be fine. By the same token, tho, I think Pitt did better against the 1s than Patmon would have. JMO

17 hours ago, w87r said:

Banogu had 2.5 sacks 1ff in 273 snaps

Tell was battling for a starter job in camp

Pittman obviously nothing yet. 

Sweat 8 sacks and 2 ff in 729 snaps

Sweat almost tripled Banogu snap count. If Banogu played that many snaps, he would of most likely been on par with Sweat stats.

I'll take the 3 players over Sweat. Also, if we weren't sitting on Washingtons 34th pick this year, we probably are less likely to ship out our 1st for Buckner.

The whole point is snaps and performance, and Sweat had more of both. I'm not saying long term WA got the better end of the deal. Only time will tell. I am saying they've got more production and performance so far.

16 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

To be fair, Pitt was consistently going up against our best. Patmon (from what I read) was not. It's a bit easier to shine against 2s and 3s than someone else who's going against against 1s. And quite frankly, I'm pleased the rookie didn't outperform our 1s. 

I think there's also some differences in the types of routes they were running, but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

Both WRs are on a learning curve, drinking out of the fire hose, at the moment. I think both will be fine. By the same token, tho, I think Pitt did better against the 1s than Patmon would have. JMO

I agree in that it seemed like some of the routes were different. At least the ones reported. Pittman it seemed was shallow or intermediate, mostly sideline or underneath. Patmon had some of the same, but also had deep catches (in stride). They could have been running the exact same routes though, and we only heard about the successes. IDK.

IIRC, we head about Pittman catching (or not catching) with Rivers and JB both throwing to him. I'm not sure, but think Patmon had time with both too. We heard specifically who was beating Pittman, but not sure we heard who either beat. 

It really stinks not seeing, and not having preseason. But yes, both are on a learning curve, and both made it. And it's great to have two guys with both their measurables. 

Archived