Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to end the 6 year drought

danlhart87

31 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Lost 6 straight week 1 games 

Lets come out rocking home or away 

Then they need to play the starters more than 6 to 8 plays during the pre season. The Colts haven’t been ready to play once the regular season starts.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start off with the Packers that won't be easy at all. We will be underdogs actually. I am sick of losing on opening day as well. I hope we get the Lions or Bears lol.

We lost to Lions and Bears in week 1 since 12

Fear no one, start strong, stay strong.  That's the mantra this coaching staff needs to project to this team.  I'm really excited about this team, I think we have enough quality

players in place to bring back the ring.

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I'm in, with Rivers and his playmakers, we should be able to start like wild stallions...

I realize that Rivers is an improvement on Brisset, but surely suggesting he makes us a SB team is  a bit over the top

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

We are supposedly starting week 1 against NFC North my bet is Packers

My guess would be CHI. I think GB is headed to SF for the TNF kickoff game...as a rematch of last year’s NFC championship.

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Been a long time. Did Andrew win any openers?

Against OAK in 2013. Terrell Pryor ran all over the Colts that game. Pryor had the Raiders 1st and goal from the 8 down 4 with a little over a minute left...but then Mathis had a huge sack for a 16 yard loss...and Bethea intercepted the 3rd and long pass in the EZ. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start off with the Packers that won't be easy at all. We will be underdogs actually. I am sick of losing on opening day as well. I hope we get the Lions or Bears lol.

Bears are my guess. Short travel distance...and there are some good storylines there (Foles against Reich, Ballard’s old team, etc.). 

GB is going to be playing in one of the prime time spots against another highly rated team I would think.

Packers and Vikings are home games so at least the two harder opponents are a little easier. I kinda think GB is overrated and didn’t belong in the NFC title game. They also did nothing to improve this year. I would be okay playing them opening weekend and it would be cool to open on Monday night. 

Word is that it will be a Monday night game against the Packers.  Tough draw for the Colts.  Rodgers is good on Monday nights.   Also will be Rivers first real game in a new offense with rookies Taylor and Pittman.  We can assume preseason will be very limited.  

Rodgers has thrown for 300-plus yards and achieved a passer rating of at least 100 in four consecutive Monday night starts (all Packers wins). That's the longest streak in the history of the ''Monday Night Football'' franchise.

In those four games, Rodgers has completed 66.0 percent of his passes, averaged 349.5 passing yards, and thrown 12 touchdowns against zero interceptions for a 120.1 passer rating.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Word is that it will be a Monday night game against the Packers.  Tough draw for the Colts.  Rodgers is good on Monday nights.   Also will be Rivers first real game in a new offense with rookies Taylor and Pittman.  We can assume preseason will be very limited.  

Rodgers has thrown for 300-plus yards and achieved a passer rating of at least 100 in four consecutive Monday night starts (all Packers wins). That's the longest streak in the history of the ''Monday Night Football'' franchise.

In those four games, Rodgers has completed 66.0 percent of his passes, averaged 349.5 passing yards, and thrown 12 touchdowns against zero interceptions for a 120.1 passer rating.

Plus. If they do start on time, there is a strong chance the crowd will be non existent or limited thus eliminating home field advantage.

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Plus. If they do start on time, there is a strong chance the crowd will be non existent or limited thus eliminating home field advantage.

Good point.  

Of course the game could go either way, I'd put my money on the Packers.   But I wouldn't bet on or against the Colts with real money.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good point.  

Of course the game could go either way, I'd put my money on the Packers.   But I wouldn't bet on or against the Colts with real money.  

IMO Rivers has just as many offensive weapons as does Rogers and I think out defense will be better than theirs.

Let's start out positive. :thmup:

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Rivers has just as many offensive weapons as does Rogers and I think out defense will be better than theirs.

Let's start out positive. :thmup:

That is true, but Rodgers is experienced and comfortable with his team where Rivers, even though he has some familiarity with Reichs offense, he will be new and so will Pittman and Taylor.  I think if they have a full training camp and preseason it may be a non issue, but I don't see that happening.   

But it could still go either way.  

Archived