Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After last night's debacle WR or QB 1st round

20 minutes ago, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

I rewatched the game. Jacoby held the ball too long. He threw guys (Pascal) late and into coverage. Two sides to the argument but that first pick has to be a stud WR or the future QB.

I would love landing WR CeeDee Lamb round 1, and in round 3 get QB Jordan Love to sit behind Brissett and learn for a year like Mahomes did. Love to me has one of the higher upsides among this QB class. After Joe Burrow, I'm not really sold on the other round 1 QBs in this class. Tu'a can't stay healthy either. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would love landing WR CeeDee Lamb round 1, and in round 3 get QB Jordan Love to sit behind Brissett and learn for a year like Mahomes did. Love to me has one of the higher upsides among this QB class. After Joe Burrow, I'm not really sold on the other round 1 QBs in this class. Tu'a can't stay healthy either. 

I love your first two picks, but do you think Love will last to the third round?  I think we would have to use one of our seconds to make sure we got him.  I think we also need to draft DL early as well.

14 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I love your first two picks, but do you think Love will last to the third round?  I think we would have to use one of our seconds to make sure we got him.  I think we also need to draft DL early as well.

With his poor stats this year, he very well could last to the 3rd round.

As for DL, I want us to get DT Marvin Wilson with one of our 2nd rounders. 

Ill start out by saying my wish list for top 3 rounds are QB, WR & DT. But, I have 2 options that I would like to see from the Colts. 

A. Draft a legit WR (tall, possession, crisp route runner type) to compliment TY and Campbell in the 1st round and draft a high upside QB to start training camp behind Brissett in the 2nd. And use our remaining 2nd rounder for a solid DT.

OR

B. Trade up using our two 2nd round picks to get our franchise (hopeful)  QB. Then draft best available WR and DT in rounds 2-4.

I would say unless the qb is best player available by far, go with another position. Be it DL, OL, WR or whatever. I think grabbing a qb with pur first second would be good. Give him a year behind JB to learn. The only thing I have against that is the lack of a fifth year option. With a redshirt year, we would only have 3 ye know rs to evaluate and give a contract if needed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Ballard's MO, is accumulate more picks, trade down and get average and below avg players. Develop them and hope in 5 yes they'll be avg at best. 

That was OK at the beginning of a re-build, but it isn't a strong strategy long term unless there is a FA trade for a stud in the works prior.

• Like 1

Neither. DL (Brown, Espinosa, Gross-Matos, ) or OL... (Wirfs, Thomas, Jackson, Throckmortin, Tego wanogho, etc...) 2nd round is where you get depth... wr Higgins, G Bredeson, OC Williams, DL Lawrence or Wilson... S Jones, McKinney... 3rd... Maybe QB... Fromm, Cb Hill, WR People’s-Jones... 

of course, trading back is working for Ballard as well... more depth.

5 hours ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

Colts have reps at the Ohio St. Game today.

You wonder who they like in that group.....  Maybe the TE from Penn State?

Reportedly they have attended other Ohio State games

Okuda and Young are absolute beasts.....  But..... no matter how much I dream....

Its a 1 chance in a million that the Colts would give up the hefty cost to move up to get either one

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, Thunderbolt said:

Ballard's MO, is accumulate more picks, trade down and get average and below avg players. Develop them and hope in 5 yes they'll be avg at best. 

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the Ballard trades and picks? 

Plus you haven't took into account the injuries this team has. 

QB. . . 

Texans are not very good on pass defense and had injuries in the secondary as it is.  They do have however a fairly strong run defense.

Brissett's Yards per attempt against Houston was a shade above 5 yards per attempt.  

Granted our receivers where also injured.

We don't need a WR that bad.  We're in this situation mostly due to injuries which you can not plan for.  Against the Texans we where out Funchess and Campbell and Hilton was hobbled and on a pinch count.

We could use a WR because of Hilton's age and Funchess's contract is running out.  But it's not that big of a need if everyone comes back from injury.  We need a better QB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

QB. . . 

Texans are not very good on pass defense and had injuries in the secondary as it is.  They do have however a fairly strong run defense.

Brissett's Yards per attempt against Houston was a shade above 5 yards per attempt.  

Granted our receivers where also injured.

We don't need a WR that bad.  We're in this situation mostly due to injuries which you can not plan for.  Against the Texans we where out Funchess and Campbell and Hilton was hobbled and on a pinch count.

We could use a WR because of Hilton's age and Funchess's contract is running out.  But it's not that big of a need if everyone comes back from injury.  We need a better QB. 

TY has been injured for two years. We need to start thinking of the future. If ballard sees a QB he feels is our guy he will take him first  I think.  That’s one position if you think you found your guy you want to jump on them. I think WR you can get in the second round. Maybe it is best to miss the playoffs since we aren’t winning a SB anyway.

If we miss the playoffs we might be in a good spot to get a QB if the right guy is there. They won’t take just anyone though.

Loves stock might go way up once he starts having workouts before the draft. It might drop too. 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:35 AM, Luck 4 president said:

I don’t get why everyone loves Love so much. I watched a few of his games and he did not look good. He put up good numbers last year but this year was completely opposite. 

1. He got an entire new coaching staff and his weapons from last season went to the NFL

2. The “off-script” QBs who’s athletic ability and ability to improvise offset their limitations as a passer are the new thing in the NFL. Look at the success Josh Allen is having.