Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ty

csmopar

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

To me, it's all about him and the docs. But if he takes another week, then that probably means he comes back in good shape next week, which would be good.

We need him against the Texans though.    Biggest game of the year.   We get an extra 3 days rest before playing the Titans, so I hope he plays.  I hadn't heard anything on Funchess.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

We need him against the Texans though.    Biggest game of the year.   We get an extra 3 days rest before playing the Titans, so I hope he plays.  I hadn't heard anything on Funchess.

I know we need him, but he needs to be ready. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I know we need him, but he needs to be ready. 

Coming back too early and reinjuring himself will be a bigger set back than not having him.  I think we can beat the Texans without him, though he tends to have very big games against them and I'd like our odds better with him around.

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he is 100% and there is no chance of re injuring it he should play. I would think if that’s the case they will let him.

I doubt he’ll be 100%.  Many of our guys are playing at less than 100%.  And there is always a chance of re-injury, but i know what you mean.

I could see them using him somewhat situationally to bring him back to speed.

It does concern me that he’ll have no real practice time before Thursday tho, which i could see swaying Reich toward waiting until the following week.

I’d feel alot better if TY and Desir were out there against Houston.  ALOT better.

IMO, this game makes or breaks the season. If he can play at all, we need him. With Mack out, we need at least one of our weapons back. If we lose Thursday night we're in 7th place, and without the head to head on the Raiders and their easy schedule the rest of the way I don't see us catching them, especially since we have to play in NO.

Might want to win this one

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I doubt he’ll be 100%.  Many of our guys are playing at less than 100%.  And there is always a chance of re-injury, but i know what you mean.

I could see them using him somewhat situationally to bring him back to speed.

It does concern me that he’ll have no real practice time before Thursday tho, which i could see swaying Reich toward waiting until the following week.

I’d feel alot better if TY and Desir were out there against Houston.  ALOT better.

TY barely practiced last year and still tore it up. TY is a veteran and likely spends hours studying, I doubt he needs practice. If TY goes out there, he'll give it all and will be a major boost.

• Like 1

If TY comes back and injures himself but we win, I think we will be okay for the next 3 games - though I would love to have him against the Saints.

If we rest him against the Texans and lose, it would really screw up the division chances.  I want the division more than the overall record...I think?

I hope he plays this Thursday and we win, AND he doesn't re-injure himself.  Ultimately, like Supes says, it's up to the TY and the docs.  I put money on TY being out there Thursday.

11 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If TY comes back and injures himself but we win, I think we will be okay for the next 3 games - though I would love to have him against the Saints.

If we rest him against the Texans and lose, it would really screw up the division chances.  I want the division more than the overall record...I think?

I hope he plays this Thursday and we win, AND he doesn't re-injure himself.  Ultimately, like Supes says, it's up to the TY and the docs.  I put money on TY being out there Thursday.

If TY were to reinjure himself vs the Texans but we win, I might take that as a fair trade depending on how long he'd be out. I don't see us beating the Saints, but if Funchess and Campbell come back I think we can and should beat the Titans, Bucs, Panthers, and Jags, even without TY. We really have a chance to shut the door on Houston if we win tomorrow night. If we were to beat Houston, Tenn, and Jax all again, we would be in prime position for the division crown.

Personally, with how good Houston can play, I think we at least need to beat them, Tenn, Jax, and the Bucs to get the division

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The psychological boost of him just suited up would be tremendous.

This. 

TY is the face of the franchise right now. We proved we can win without him on Sunday. But when this team has TY on the field, it doesn't matter what he does, they are a better football team. Brissett has to have more confidence knowing #13 is on the field with him... I know #12 always did. 

13 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The psychological boost of him just suited up would be tremendous.

Absolutely. Team’s coverages when TY is on the field change dramatically. Even if TY is out there, the double teams he’ll draw put the Texans at a disadvantage, and will free up Pascal and Rogers. Also, the Texans worry about TY. Him being out there will at least scare them a little, and we need initimidation considering we’re walking into the lion’s den.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If TY is even at just 80% I would play him. I seriously doubt JB was 100% on Sunday after being injured. Most players aren't this time of year. This game coming up is like a playoff game. If we win this, we are in the driver seat to win the division. 

Idk, with the way JB broke Calais Campbell’s ankles on that TD pass, his knee looked fine to me lol