Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reichs quote on Jacoby and his leadership

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

On short week they are more likely to reuse a lot of what they did today which depends on three tightends.  

Also two backs isn’t enough especially when Hines does so little running.  

Last year in a short week we didn’t even dress 46 guys when we played the patriots.

Hopefully cox injury isn’t serious and he left since the game was over. 

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Saw this pop up from NFL next gen stats-

JB7 1 yd TD completion % =  18.3%

JB7 scramble distance = 23.6 yds

Target separation = 0.8 yds

JB7 speed at pass release = 14.32 mph

toughest 1 yd TD pass completion in 3 seasons.

Interesting.

I thought it was an awesome play by JB but when he threw that it looked like he threw it 20 MPH, that is no joke. Great hands by Johnson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought it was an awesome play by JB but when he threw that it looked like he threw it 20 MPH, that is no joke. Great hands by Johnson.

He puts some serious heat on those throws we were talking about that earlier, straight lazers!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With no TY they don’t have to double anyone. So the passing might not be as easy without him. If he plays there will be guys open.

He got awfully close to hitting pascal. It was nice that we seen him attempt a couple.

Houston's typical scheme is to double the #1 pass catcher, regardless of who he is. Guessing they will go after Pascal or Ebron. They're plain bad outside of their doubles, so guys will be open.

I really doubt we run wild vs Houston. They are ranked 3rd vs the run, and Mack will likely be out. Their passing D however is 4th worst, so the game is likely on JB.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, we can take complete control of the division on Thursday. Not having TY will hurt though if that is the case. Not trying to make an excuse in case we lose but he usually destroys Houston. 

He didn't last game. Pascal did.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Let this sink in.

Does this mean you don't need a high draft pick WR next year to win?

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Stats are a puzzle but not last word and testament 

And stop being 12

Since you often present as sage-like, I thought PCHS's record seemed a bit ironic. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The play of the game was the endzone TD pass on 4th down. If we do not score there it still remains 10-7 and Jax has tons of momentum. Once we went up by 10, it was pretty much over lol with the way we were running it.

IMO, play of the game was Mack doing double 360s behind the line, and then scoring.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The play of the game was the endzone TD pass on 4th down. If we do not score there it still remains 10-7 and Jax has tons of momentum. Once we went up by 10, it was pretty much over lol with the way we were running it.

I thought the third down pick up at the start of that drive was huge.  Don’t get me wrong the score was big too and I agree with you but if the Colts had been stopped there the Jags get the ball with momentum and good field position.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Does this mean you don't need a high draft pick WR next year to win?

I don't know if we need a high draft pick WR next year.  If Campbell can put it together and be productive and we have a FA either Funch or Aghlor.  We could be fine (Although TY's age is an issue)

That said, winning without any investment in receivers isn't going to happen unless you play an opponent that you can run over in the run game like that.  And not every opponent is going to allow us to run on them like that.

41 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't know if we need a high draft pick WR next year.  If Campbell can put it together and be productive and we have a FA either Funch or Aghlor.  We could be fine (Although TY's age is an issue)

That said, winning without any investment in receivers isn't going to happen unless you play an opponent that you can run over in the run game like that.  And not every opponent is going to allow us to run on them like that.

I'm not against investing at WR. Personally I'd love to pick up someone in the draft after we address bigger needs. That said, I think some are over inflating the need, and are somewhat void of reality in terms of what impact a new WR would have with the present personnel.

Some act like Ballard dropped the ball which I think is hilarious. You can criticize him on a few position groups like DT, but not WR. Not only did we take PC in the draft early, we also went out and spent 10M on a FA. Now the injury bug has bitten us hard, but that doesn't negate Ballard's attempts to upgrade. We still don't know what we have in PC and Funch, and we won't know until they get back, which shouldn't be too long.

I'd also say that folks need to consider three things when thinking about the impact of new WR.... 1) As long as we are a run heavy team, WRs will simply take longer to develop given the decreased opportunity. 2) Reich's offense with JB is possession heavy passing which negates or limits dynamic WRs to an extent. 3) Until JB improves his progressions, anyone beyond WR1 and TE1 will struggle to get consistent targets.

In short, I think people have an inflated view of the impact, and will simply be disappointed when a new guy comes in and doesn't set the world on fire. Especially if that new WR is a deep threat guy. IMO, the only WR type that will have significant impact early would be a possession guy which many would find "boring"... 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a great story in how much Jacoby means to this team and how much his teammates love him.

"It's like," Pascal started, "you know Jacoby's going to put you in the right calls instead of just playing whatever is being called. You know? That's not Brian’s fault. It’s all, I mean look at the plays Jacoby made out there today, where it’s just like, 'Wow.'

"The king’s back," Pascal laughs before crooning, "King’s baaaaack."

{That pied piper persona Weis has said Brissett has}

It goes even beyond the plays Brissett made. Ryan Kelly believes Brissett played one of his best games of the season. Look at the 264 yards and three touchdowns the Colts rushed for on Sunday. The stats say Brissett accounted for 12 yards and one of the scores -- a nifty third-quarter scramble to put the Colts up 24-7. 

"So many good checks today," Kelly said. "He handled the ball well."

** A check can be a run play Brissett audibles to at the line of scrimmage. He did some of that Kelly said, but the checks he was referring to are the decisions they make together about where to run the ball.  **

"There's no way to describe it," said Ebron, who caught four passes for 27 yards. "You just know. And when you know you know, that’s usually when your confidence is there. When you’re playing good and everything’s going well."

Good article. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You don’t know who Randy Savage, Ric Flair, The Ultimate Warrior, or Stone Cold Steve Austin are?

wwe what GIF

No. I watched Portland wresting when I was a kid, but it never interested me after that. I've heard those names, but couldn't put the face to the name. 

I do know who Ric Flair is now because of all the times he is referenced on this site. 

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

That's why Ballard has significantly increased the size of his stat/nerd team each year, and pays PFF for even more. all-22 misleading too?

I've not seen that.  Can you provide a link that CB has increased the size of the stat team each year and that he pays PFF more as well?

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I've not seen that.  Can you provide a link that CB has increased the size of the stat team each year and that he pays PFF more as well?

@SteelCityColt recently dropped a Frank Reich quote on PFF. I've dropped a couple links about Ballard increasing his geek squad. I'll try to find them a bit later as I know it will take some digging (not really a big time topic for fans). 

• Like 1