Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reichs quote on Jacoby and his leadership

Restinpeacesweetchloe

51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Go routes (deep) aren't really routes.... It's beat the press (which Reich complimented DC on) and run straight.

After all the discussion, stats, and all22s about open WRs and TEs down field, and you still don't think JB has a problem with vertical passing.... good grief.

I never said he doesn't have a problem with vertical passing, he does along with at least 15 other QB's.  I know the stats and seen the all22s. I am just saying if his WR core was better or even had TY been healthy all season, his yards per game would be better. We clearly are a better team with TY being in there. It doesn't do any good to have a reasonable debate with you because you think everything is JB's fault. You have posted around 20 times today and haven't said one good thing about JB all day. It is a constant every day thing.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said he doesn't have a problem with vertical passing, he does along with at least 15 other QB's.  I know the stats and seen the all22s. I am just saying if his WR core was better or even had TY been healthy all season, his yards per game would be better. We clearly are a better team with TY being in there. It doesn't do any good to have a reasonable debate with you because you think everything is JB's fault. You have posted around 20 times today and haven't said one good thing about JB all day. It is a constant every day thing.  

Or maybe Reich has kept the playbook simple to let him get comfortable. With Reichs comments it kind of does sound like that could be what has been going on. The offense has never really got going for a lot of reasons. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Or maybe Reich has kept the playbook simple to let him get comfortable. With Reichs comments it kind of does sound like that could be what has been going on. The offense has never really got going for a lot of reasons. 

I think that is part of the problem too but whatever you do try not to blame anyone else to why JB struggles at times lmao . 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

you just literally said 

Also a lot of JB's problems for not throwing deep more is his WR core

it's well documented his progression issues, lack of downfield success, and open WRs downfield.

If it's constant, it's because there are constant hot takes like yours that defy what is known, and look for every reason in the world to deflect. 

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:
13 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

@ColtsBlueFL & @EastStreet, I don't really have anything to add to your back and forth, but just to say I'm enjoying the appreciating the amount of thought and depth that's going into it. Good reading guys :thmup:

Thanks SCC. I love @ColtsBlueFL posts and thoughtfulness. Don't always agree, but respect the heck out of him. 

Yup, very reasonable presentations of opinion.  Much respect in return and appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i dont care about yds per game or yrds per throw, i care about wins per game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

i dont care about yds per game or yrds per throw, i care about wins per game

I really don't either. I realize your chances of winning are greater if you have a QB that throws for a lot of yards but I can say that about any stat. Some want to bring up we are ranked 25th in pass offense, that is based on yards but we are a run 1st offense so it should be expected we would be low in that category. That stat doesn't mean JB is the 25th best QB. If anyone tries to debate that 24 other QB's are better than JB than I am not buying that at all. Some could use stats to create their own narrative to look good. For example I could bring up JB had 14 TD's and was 2nd in that category before his injury. TD's is an important stat last I checked. That is the point of football, scoring. Many QB's struggle in the red zone but JB is good in the red zone. 

Bottom line is whether you win or lose at the end of the day. If the Colts win then everyone should be happy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

except there was photographic evidence that players were open that JB has missed 

That photo evidence  is misleading.  For one every qb has players they miss down the field every game. Two if he had thrown their way the defense may easily  have closed  the gap for a pick 6. Not only do they have to get open, but the qb has know where they will be. If Brissett  throws it to where they are supposed  to be and they switch  up the route the ball is intercepted.  Let's  be real hoyer wasn't  doing much deep with the receivers either because  it is just not there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't either. I realize your chances of winning are greater if you have a QB that throws for a lot of yards but I can say that about any stat. Some want to bring up we are ranked 25th in pass offense, that is based on yards but we are a run 1st offense so it should be expected we would be low in that category. That stat doesn't mean JB is the 25th best QB. If anyone tries to debate that 24 other QB's are better than JB than I am not buying that at all. Some could use stats to create their own narrative to look good. For example I could bring up JB had 14 TD's and was 2nd in that category before his injury. TD's is an important stat last I checked. That is the point of football, scoring. Many QB's struggle in the red zone but JB is good in the red zone. 

Bottom line is whether you win or lose at the end of the day. If the Colts win then everyone should be happy.

I agree. People want Brissett  to throw for 400 yards and 5 tds, but our offense  is not made for that because  ebron and the other wrs drop the football  or bobble it or do the classic catch run and fumble  doyle, and Campbell  are good for that. Not to mention  getting  tackled by the turf monster.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Stephen said:

That photo evidence  is misleading.  For one every qb has players they miss down the field every game. Two if he had thrown their way the defense may easily  have closed  the gap for a pick 6. Not only do they have to get open, but the qb has know where they will be. If Brissett  throws it to where they are supposed  to be and they switch  up the route the ball is intercepted.  Let's  be real hoyer wasn't  doing much deep with the receivers either because  it is just not there.

I wouldn't say the evidence is misleading but what I do not get is how some people act like Brissett is the only QB that misses guys downfield. Almost every QB does it. To the guys the critique games regarding missing guys downfield can you show Brees' game last week. Yes Drew Brees the hall of famer who played lousy last week vs a team that Brissett picked apart. When it comes to yardage thrown, you guys remember Troy Aikman? He rarely threw for a lot of yards in a game but all he did was win 3 SB's. Some people just need to quit being stubborn and see both sides of the coin. I see both sides of being critical of JB but also praising him in certain area's

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stephen said:

you and chloe just cant admit defeat lol you will defend him and his shortcomings til the very end 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is at least something I do not do. I know JB has his struggles and can admit it. I just defend JB a lot because he has also shown he can play good at times. 

you are fine man it's the never ending defender trolls that drive me crazy. you actually listen to proof and evidence they just ignore it and make up more excuses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

you are fine man it's the never ending defender trolls that drive me crazy. you actually listen to proof and evidence they just ignore it and make up more excuses.

Yeah I mean I think some people misunderstand my posts, you have known for me long time in here. JB isn't Andrew Luck (not many are lol) and he does have problems throwing down field at times but not all of that is his fault. JB has also shown he can play good and I love his leadership. Today is a gigantic game. It will be interesting to see how JB plays today with that brace on his leg and no TY Hilton. Not much could be worse than last week with Hoyer in. That was bad.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With that beat up WR group I am glad we had the run game. He didn’t need a lot of yards but he did have a couple incredible plays.

Both WRs and TEs played very well today for the most part. Ebron and Johnson both 4/4. I know JB doesn't like throwing it short middle often, but Rogers was running good clear outs and sit downs, and was open a lot. Hines was 3/4 and was pretty good except for the drop.

Surprised Doyle was not targeted at all. He had some decent separation on a few plays when I could see his route. Didn't really need to pass it a lot though given the success of the running game. Not a great day for Pascal, but got some forced passes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I read a tweet Ebron was basically puking in between plays. So he had a great game for being sick. Jacoby is just a winner. He wins games.

Jacoby is 6-2 when he starts and finishes, all he does is win. That throw he had at the goalline to Johnson for a TD was unreal, he had to escape a tackle and scramble with a bad leg. He is a leader plain and simple, stats aren't everything despite what some thing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I read a tweet Ebron was basically puking in between plays. So he had a great game for being sick. Jacoby is just a winner. He wins games.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby is 6-2 when he starts and finishes, all he does is win. That throw he had at the goalline to Johnson for a TD was unreal, he had to escape a tackle and scramble with a bad leg. He is a leader plain and simple, stats aren't everything despite what some thing. 

I made this for you guys. Merry Christmas :-)

jbh.jpg

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had a few big plays that the top QB in the league make. We didn’t need a lot from him but you got some incredible plays when we needed him. He didn’t look slowed down with that knee at all. He is like Houdini. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Figured you might want to use it for your avatars!

I could do one with Christmas trees and hearts if you'd like.

LOL, I am shocked you have JB as an avatar, why not something else? Just asking considering you never give him credit when we win. I still like  my Luck avatar so I am good but thanks anyway,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest thing Jacoby brings to the table is his leadership.  The offense just runs a lot smoother with him in there.  Also, Jacoby is really good at making something out of broken plays just like the TD on fourth down today and his scramble for a TD.  

He’s not going to be Andrew Luck or an elite QB but he’s a good starting QB and with the right team around him (which the Colts have) he’s going to wIn a lot of game.  

The Colts could do a lot worse at QB than him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, I am shocked you have JB as an avatar, why not something else? Just asking considering you never give him credit when we win. I still like  my Luck avatar so I am good but thanks anyway,

I love JB as a Colt, but more as a person. I'm just not sold on him yet as a long term QB that can take us to the SB without a D in the top 2ish, and the planets aligning. And I've been plenty complimentary of him when he has had good games. I've even predicted some. I'm just realistic, and I'm not going sunshine pump like some when he has bad or mediocre games. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love JB as a Colt, but more as a person. I'm just not sold on him yet as a long term QB that can take us to the SB without a D in the top 2ish, and the planets aligning. And I've been plenty complimentary of him when he has had good games. I've even predicted some. I'm just realistic, and I'm not going sunshine pump like some when he has bad or mediocre games. 

You predicted 1 game this year and said he would be great in it. That was the Houston game, so my word "never" was too harsh. I apologize. Hopefully he can do it again against Houston but if TY doesn't play it will be tougher for him. 

Thing of it is, for some reason you think I am in love with the guy? I have repeatedly said he is above average and ranks around 15. I also have repeatedly said he has great leadership and a great TD to INT ratio. All facts. If I was in love with the guy I would say he is the main reason why we are winning. I have only said he is part of the reason why and he is

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You predicted 1 game this year and said he would be great in it. That was the Houston game, so my word "never was too harsh". I apologize. Hopefully he can do it again against Houston but if TY doesn't play it will be tougher for him. 

TY was doubled and pretty ineffective vs Houston. Pascal was the difference in terms of WRs. Not saying we don't need TY, just that we know what Houston's game plan will be, and JB will have to find others even if TY is back. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thing of it is, for some reason you think I am in love with the guy? I have repeatedly said he is above average and ranks around 15. I also have repeatedly said he has great leadership and a great TD to INT ratio. All facts. If I was in love with the guy I would say he is the main reason why we are winning. I have only said he part of the reason why and he is

He's below 15th in a lot of stats. QBR is 16th right now. YPG is 27. YPA is 23rd. 

You do say things like "all he does is win" though (and on days when he's not all that good). He's got two losses vs mediocre teams.... And he has 4 sub 50 QBR games (3 are in the 30s really bad). Those are not "all he does is win" kind of numbers. In short, I see way more sunshine from you than true grading. Like today.... The running game and D clearly carried us. JB had a very mediocre day with sub 150 yards, sub 7 TPA, sub 65% completion %, and 1/1 TD/INT ratio. Instead of giving props to the RBs and D, you're fluffing JB in this thread. All facts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TY was doubled and pretty ineffective vs Houston. Pascal was the difference in terms of WRs. Not saying we don't need TY, just that we know what Houston's game plan will be, and JB will have to find others even if TY is back. 

He's below 15th in a lot of stats. QBR is 16th right now. YPG is 27. YPA is 23rd. 

You do say things like "all he does is win" though (and on days when he's not all that good). He's got two losses vs mediocre teams.... And he has 4 sub 50 QBR games (3 are in the 30s really bad). Those are not "all he does is win" kind of numbers. In short, I see way more sunshine from you than true grading. Like today.... The running game and D clearly carried us. JB had a very mediocre day with sub 150 yards, sub 7 TPA, sub 65% completion %, and 1/1 TD/INT ratio. Instead of giving props to the RBs and D, you're fluffing JB in this thread. All facts.

This is a Jacoby thread and actually we did win because of our O.Line and running game more than anything plus our D played great. Having said that having JB at QB helped. You just can't give the guy any credit and just point too his stats once again. It is comical to the point where you have me laughing lmao . Are you really serious at this point with your posts? Just asking, I have never seen anyone like you on here to be honest. You think stats is the only thing that matters, I got news for you NO IT DOESN'T. Having a QB that has leadership that doesn't turn the ball over and can lead an offense is big also. You even bring up his INT, that is laughable. The game was already over and it was like a punt. Also Pascal was interfered on it but it wasn't called. Oh well, you can continue with your stats every week and I continue with my wins. I am perfectly fine with that. We are a run 1st offense does that click with you? So if we are running the ball well, JB isn't going to have a lot of yards. For someone that seems so smart you are lacking in the common sense area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is a Jacoby thread and actually we did win because of our O.Line and running game more than anything plus our D played great. Having said that having JB at QB helped. You just can't give the guy any credit and just point too his stats once again. It is comical to the point where you have me laughing lmao . Are you really serious at this point with your posts? Just asking, I have never seen anyone like you on here to be honest. You think stats is the only thing that matters, I got news for you NO IT DOESN'T. Having a QB that has leadership that doesn't turn the ball over and can lead an offense is big also. You even bring up his INT, that is laughable. The game was already over and it was like a punt. Also Pascal was interfered on it but it wasn't called. Oh well, you can continue with your stats every week and I continue with my wins. I am perfectly fine with that. We are a run 1st offense does that click with you? So if we are running the ball well, JB isn't going to have a lot of yards. For someone that seems so smart you are lacking in the common sense area.

Stats aren't everything, but they are objective. You should try them.  Keep on keeping on with your anecdotal/subjective stuff.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I use stats too, it is a part of it when analyzing things, but you act like they are the only thing at times the way you post.

Stats back up what I see.

And I see far too many excuses for JB and criticism of other units to diminish JB's issues. Many of the things posted are also directly refuted by stats. Hot takes about the OL being bad are refuted by stats, Mack being mediocre is refuted by stats, wide receivers not be open are refuted by stats and film (all-22). Tired of hearing we need this or that, when those units are top 10 like the OL and RB units, all while we're 25th passing (with a WR core that was 6th last year with a different QB)..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Stats back up what I see.

And I see far too many excuses for JB and criticism of other units to diminish JB's issues. Many of the things posted are also directly refuted by stats. Hot takes about the OL being bad are refuted by stats, Mack being mediocre is refuted by stats, wide receivers not be open are refuted by stats and film (all-22). Tired of hearing we need this or that, when those units are top 10 like the OL and RB units, all while we're 25th passing (with a WR core that was 6th last year with a different QB)..... 

That is fair enough but we are winning so there lays the problem. If Brissett was 2-6 instead of 6-2 as a starter than your point would be 100% un-debatable. I would even say at that point we need another QB but with Brissett we win and that is fact. 

• Like 1