Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Reichs quote on Jacoby and his leadership

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fair enough but we are winning so there lays the problem. If Brissett was 2-6 instead of 6-2 as a starter than your point would be 100% un-debatable. I would even say at that point we need another QB but with Brissett we win and that is fact. 

We are winning close ones (except for today) over mediocre teams, and losing close ones to mediocre teams. We could be 9-1 or 1-9 right now, so the W/Ls doesn't mean a whole lot right now. It's not sustainable, and certainly doesn't take you far into the playoffs. Hope he improves. If he doesn't, we'll be boat raced in the playoffs if we play one of the better teams.I'd love for him to be "the man", but he's just not close to being there yet. Occasional great plays are fine, but not enough over the long haul. He could prove a lot this Thursday and the 5 games after.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We are winning close ones (except for today) over mediocre teams, and losing close ones to mediocre teams. We could be 9-1 or 1-9 right now, so the W/Ls doesn't mean a whole lot right now. It's not sustainable, and certainly doesn't take you far into the playoffs. Hope he improves. If he doesn't, we'll be boat raced in the playoffs if we play one of the better teams.I'd love for him to be "the man", but he's just not close to being there yet. Occasional great plays are fine, but not enough over the long haul. He could prove a lot this Thursday and the 5 games after.

Only time will tell regarding JB. I am glad we are at least 6-4, I will take it for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He cane close to connecting with pascal on a couple deep balls. I would think if that had been Hilton with just a little more speed he might of connected. He also had some chunk plays when we needed them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That's why Ballard has significantly increased the size of his stat/nerd team each year, and pays PFF for even more. all-22 misleading too?

What does what I said have to do with all 22 

    season 11 nothing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
 

 

 

 

          scouting and watching and grading game film was a key portion of my Playing and coaching Tenure

    From the time I was 15 until 25 I watched and scouted at least 2 game films a week with other coaches/ team and then with my Dad another time

       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We are winning close ones (except for today) over mediocre teams, and losing close ones to mediocre teams. We could be 9-1 or 1-9 right now, so the W/Ls doesn't mean a whole lot right now. It's not sustainable, and certainly doesn't take you far into the playoffs. Hope he improves. If he doesn't, we'll be boat raced in the playoffs if we play one of the better teams.I'd love for him to be "the man", but he's just not close to being there yet. Occasional great plays are fine, but not enough over the long haul. He could prove a lot this Thursday and the 5 games after.

If our running game gets anything even close to what we got to today we will be in every game. Not to mention we should have three WR returning here in the next couple of weeks. Imagine adding Campbell and Hilton back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only time will tell regarding JB. I am glad we are at least 6-4, I will take it for now. 

We're in a great position going into Thursday. A win vs Houston not only puts us one up over Houston, it gives us a tiebreaker that we desperately need. And their passing D is among the worst in the league, so JB has no reason not to shine even without TY.  Huge game, and great opportunity for JB to be instrumental in the victory. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

We're in a great position going into Thursday. A win vs Houston not only puts us one up over Houston, it gives us a tiebreaker that we desperately need. And their passing D is among the worst in the league, so JB has no reason not to shine even without TY.  Huge game, and great opportunity for JB to be instrumental in the victory. 

With no TY they don’t have to double anyone. So the passing might not be as easy without him. If he plays there will be guys open.

 

He got awfully close to hitting pascal. It was nice that we seen him attempt a couple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We're in a great position going into Thursday. A win vs Houston not only puts us one up over Houston, it gives us a tiebreaker that we desperately need. And their passing D is among the worst in the league, so JB has no reason not to shine even without TY.  Huge game, and great opportunity for JB to be instrumental in the victory. 

I agree, we can take complete control of the division on Thursday. Not having TY will hurt though if that is the case. Not trying to make an excuse in case we lose but he usually destroys Houston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What does what I said have to do with all 22 

    season 11 nothing GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
 

 

 

 

          scouting and watching and grading game film was a key portion of my Playing and coaching Tenure

    From the time I was 15 until 25 I watched and scouted at least 2 game films a week with other coaches/ team and then with my Dad another time

       

the all-22 tells us the same things the stats do.... a lot of the stats come from film grading. 

IIRC, PCHS has been pretty bad over the years. Was that you? :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I read a tweet Ebron was basically puking in between plays. So he had a great game for being sick. Jacoby is just a winner. He wins games.

some great football gurus on this forum said he cant go through his progressions, cant throw deep down the field, cant see wide open receivers, cant throw receivers open, throws the ball too hard, holds the ball too long, cant pick up a blitz, just why do we keep winning when this guy is in there?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, we can take complete control of the division on Thursday. Not having TY will hurt though if that is the case. Not trying to make an excuse in case we lose but he usually destroys Houston. 

I am betting both Desir and TY miss Thursday.  They kinda have a mini bye week after the Texans game so I am betting they hold them out to make sure they are healthy for the stretch run.

 

Still if the Colts win Thursday I think they win the division baring a catastrophic injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

the all-22 tells us the same things the stats do.... a lot of the stats come from film grading. 

IIRC, PCHS has been pretty bad over the years. Was that you? :D

Stats are a puzzle but not last word and testament 

   And stop being 12

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am betting both Desir and TY miss Thursday.  They kinda have a mini bye week after the Texans game so I am betting they hold them out to make sure they are healthy for the stretch run.

 

Still if the Colts win Thursday I think they win the division baring a catastrophic injury.

 Wonder if CK goes bye bye again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

 Wonder if CK goes bye bye again 

Probably not until Funch is ready to come off IR or if they have to add another back this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

some great football gurus on this forum said he cant go through his progressions, cant throw deep down the field, cant see wide open receivers, cant throw receivers open, throws the ball too hard, holds the ball too long, cant pick up a blitz, just why do we keep winning when this guy is in there?

He is a great leader, the Line loves him so they give 100% for him, he doesn't turn the ball over, he plays great in the red zone. All of those things can lead to wins in many games. The Line looked awesome today and Nelson was a man possessed. I still can't believe he didn't score on that 1 yard run lmao . How can anyone stop that tank? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Probably not until Funch is ready to come off IR or if they have to add another back this week.

   Injuries in the secondary might cause a roster shakeup too

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a great leader, the Line loves him so they give 100% for him, he doesn't turn the ball over, he plays great in the red zone. All of those things can lead to wins in many games. The Line looked awesome today and Nelson was a man possessed. I still can't believe he didn't score on that 1 yard run lmao . How can anyone stop that tank? 

Was very happy today

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a great leader, the Line loves him so they give 100% for him, he doesn't turn the ball over, he plays great in the red zone. All of those things can lead to wins in many games. The Line looked awesome today and Nelson was a man possessed. I still can't believe he didn't score on that 1 yard run lmao . How can anyone stop that tank? 

The line looked awesome run blocking.  They were a little shaky in pass protection with three sacks.  The right side of the line is becoming a real issue in pass protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

   Injuries in the secondary might cause a roster shakeup too

Was very happy today

I think they would just play Wilson and make Rock inactive if he can’t go.  They also have a fifth safety so they have a little depth there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

 Wonder if CK goes bye bye again 

CK will have to go with all the injuries today. Willis left the game also and did not return. Odum had his arm in a sling. You have Mack missing games. Taylor also has a ankle injury. Here is the recap. We can’t keep Kelly  most likely. We might have to IR A guy that is able to come back. We might not even have 46 guys to dress Thursday.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The line looked awesome run blocking.  They were a little shaky in pass protection with three sacks.  The right side of the line is becoming a real issue in pass protection.

Yeah there was a couple of times where JB got sacked quickly but for the most part he had time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I think they would just play Wilson and make Rock inactive if he can’t go.  They also have a fifth safety so they have a little depth there.

Wilkins health could play a factor too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there was a couple of times where JB got sacked quickly but for the most part he had time.

One Of those sacks came from someone that was not necessarily the responsibility of the OL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Wilkins health could play a factor too

Which is why I said unless they have to add a back this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

One Of those sacks came from someone that was not necessarily the responsibility of the OL

Yep, I know which one you are talking about too lmao . That was just a break down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add cox to the injury list with a thumb injury also. We are going to have to bring some players in if any of these are longer term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

 

I made this for you guys. Merry Christmas :-)

 

 

jbh.jpg

A simple laughing reaction to this wasn’t near enough. Best thing I’ve seen on here for a long while. Well done. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, I am shocked you have JB as an avatar, why not something else?

 

I have wondered the same. He seems like he'd have a Chad Kelly avatar.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Add cox to the injury list with a thumb injury also. We are going to have to bring some players in if any of these are longer term.

Missed that one if he can’t go they will probably bring in third tightend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

I have wondered the same. He seems like he'd have a Chad Kelly avatar.

I actually thought that was a great question when I asked it too question GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Add cox to the injury list with a thumb injury also. We are going to have to bring some players in if any of these are longer term.

Looking at the current roster there are three guys that might be expendable( CK, Clark, and Coley

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Missed that one if he can’t go they will probably bring in third tightend.

Have Bunting on the PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Missed that one if he can’t go they will probably bring in third tightend.

I don’t think they will. I also don’t think they will bring in a running back if Wilkins can go. We are just going to be really short handed. If TY can play we just switch players out. Same with Wilson and rock. Hopefully it’s nothing that 10 days off won’t heal for most of them.  I think Desir will be back. They seem to have been holding him out for the Texans game. So some of the inactives might just switch Thursday night.

 

The biggest issue is can we afford to bring Funchess and Campbell both back. If none of these are very serious we might be ok without adding anyone. We cut Kelly to make room for one player. Then when DF comes back we have to cut another. I hope we can keep Johnson. Milligan has to stay with the Odum injury.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looking at the current roster there are three guys that might be expendable( CK, Clark, and Coley

Have Bunting on the PS

I thought we cut Coley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually thought that was a great question when I asked it too question GIF

 

We should have @HOZER create a Chad Kelly avatar for that member. 

 

Your fans are tough on JB. It is getting to T. Rich level type disapproval. :grumpy2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually thought that was a great question when I asked it too question GIF

It is very strange

 

 I will never change mine since the room my was taken has changed and the teacher who help us take it has died

 

   @NFLfan

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think they will. I also don’t think they will bring in a running back if Wilkins can go. We are just going to be really short handed. If TY can play we just switch players out. Same with Wilson and rock. Hopefully it’s nothing that 10 days off won’t heal for most of them.  I think Desir will be back. They seem to have been holding him out for the Texans game. So some of the inactives might just switch Thursday night.

 

The biggest issue is can we afford to bring Funchess and Campbell both back. If none of these are very serious we might be ok without adding anyone. We cut Kelly to make room for one player. Then when DF comes back we have to cut another. I hope we can keep Johnson. Milligan has to stay with the Odum injury.

I thought we cut Coley?

Cut Davis a few weeks back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think they will. I also don’t think they will bring in a running back if Wilkins can go. We are just going to be really short handed. If TY can play we just switch players out. Same with Wilson and rock. Hopefully it’s nothing that 10 days off won’t heal for most of them.  I think Desir will be back. They seem to have been holding him out for the Texans game. So some of the inactives might just switch Thursday night.

 

The biggest issue is can we afford to bring Funchess and Campbell both back. If none of these are very serious we might be ok without adding anyone. We cut Kelly to make room for one player. Then when DF comes back we have to cut another. I hope we can keep Johnson. Milligan has to stay with the Odum injury.

I thought we cut Coley?

As much as they use three tightends they will also they aren’t going into a game with just two healthy running backs on the roster.  Especially when one of them is Hines who is more of a pass catcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

We should have @HOZER create a Chad Kelly avatar for that member. 

 

Your fans are tough on JB. It is getting to T. Rich level type disapproval. :grumpy2:

JB isn't Luck and people are used to Luck but JB is above average and knows how to win :thmup:. Like Peyton Manning used to say I am about winning, and well I am too :funny:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like Odum injury might be serious. Having a MRI tomorrow. He could easily end up on IR giving up another spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As much as they use three tightends they will also they aren’t going into a game with just two healthy running backs on the roster.  Especially when one of them is Hines who is more of a pass catcher.

For now on a short week they might. Then figure it out later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...