Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desir - Any word?

Smonroe

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  Kelly needs to go on the 53.  With injuries to Big Ben and Brees today and Wentz being out a bit tonight because of an injury it would be smart to hold on to him.  Even if he makes it to the PS, which I doubt, he could still be signed off of it.  I think he is a valuable commodity whose value could be increasing each week.  

I think he will stick and even if Desir’s injury is serious they will be able to juggle bodies to keep Kelly IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

You really going to trust tell against the falcons.  He is still way to green. Only reason he didn’t go to the PS is they were afraid of losing him.

You voiced the same complaint against Sin, Willis et al last week but seemed perfectly okay with it this week because they play okay. 

Tell is at best likely to only be in on Nickel packages, and even then only as a rotation. 

I’d give Miami a 3rd for Minkah. They’re not getting a 1st for him. That’s only if the injury for Desir is serious. You can trust the pass coverage responsibilities to Wilson (a holding calling in both games), Ya-Sin (a rookie who is still learning zone), and Milton. Moore is great in the slot and it’s where he should stay. I’d give them a 3rd and a player for Minkah. Minkah hasn’t proven enough in the NFL to be worth more than that

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’d give Miami a 3rd for Minkah. They’re not getting a 1st for him. That’s only if the injury for Desir is serious. You can trust the pass coverage responsibilities to Wilson (a holding calling in both games), Ya-Sin (a rookie who is still learning zone), and Milton. Moore is great in the slot and it’s where he should stay. I’d give them a 3rd and a player for Minkah. Minkah hasn’t proven enough in the NFL to be worth more than that

I think Minkah has been mishandled.  Getting him for a 3rd would be a steal.  He's the perfect player to use our extra 2nd on. 

52 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans are not the falcons.

It always pays to establish the facts of the matter at hand.... 

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Minkah has been mishandled.  Getting him for a 3rd would be a steal.  He's the perfect player to use our extra 2nd on. 

I would take him for a 2nd certainly. Whether you can get him is another thing. Would add a layer of versatility on D I feel. 

3 hours ago, C0LT5 said:

Where did you get that crazy idea? TBH though he's a mismatch for all our corners.

This indeed. Wilson and Ya-Sin have the size and both best bets in man coverage, although there is little chance we play much man in this game. Hopefully our defensive line can get more than the 1 sack the Eagles got against Ryan. I'll take the 3 picks though... 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

You wouldn't get him.   

I'd give him a first.   He was the 11th pick in 2018 and has lived up to that spot.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You wouldn't get him.   

I'd give him a first.   He was the 11th pick in 2018 and has lived up to that spot.  

They'd probably go for our Wash 2 and a later rounder.  They want a one, the Cowboys dropped out.  He’s a great player, you can’t have too many of them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They'd probably go for our Wash 2 and a later rounder.  They want a one, the Cowboys dropped out.  He’s a great player, you can’t have too many of them. 

Fitzpatrick, a defensive back, signed a four-year, $16,447,773 contract with the Dolphins after being the 11th overall pick in the 2018 draft. 

Fitzpatrick will be a bargain for a team in need of a versatile defender that can play both safety and cornerback. According to OverTheCap.com's Jason Fitzgerald, Fitzpatrick has already received about 64 percent of his rookie contract, meaning that whoever trades for him will only owe him a little more than a third of his rookie deal. 

The 6-foot-2, 202-pound defensive back starred at the University of Alabama prior to being drafted by the Dolphins. A two-time national champion, Fitzpatrick, a captain on Alabama's 2017 national championship team, was a unanimous All-American that season along with being the recipient of the Bednarik and Thorpe awards.

As a rookie, Fitzpatrick appeared in each of Miami's 16 games, making 11 starts. He recorded 80 tackles while intercepting two passes and breaking up nine more. He recorded five tackles in the Dolphins' Week 1 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

How long does a bone bruise take to heal?

All that said it's not terrible to get Ya Sin some playing time.  

I think its oftentimes related to where the ligament attaches to the bone.  So it could stay very tender anytime he runs or puts it under stress, prolonging his recovery.  If its a bone bruise in a more out of the way place, it might heal faster.

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

How long does a bone bruise take to heal?

All that said it's not terrible to get Ya Sin some playing time.  

Mine took about months to stop aching, on my shoulder, but thats been years ago back in high school wrestling when we pushed thru pain.  I dont recall how long it took but I injured it right after thanksgiving and until I got some rest after the season in feb, it bugged me.  But everyone is different so who knows