Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather in Nashville

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Perfect start would be jumping out to an early 7-0 lead, getting a stop or holding them to 3, and continue with a solid run game. We could really wear them down and own the TOP.

I don't think we're going to be doing much damage through the air though, at least when it comes to deep passes. Titans have a pretty solid secondary.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They didn’t handle 80 degree CA heat. What makes you think they will handle 92 and a ton of humidity. I bet as the game goes on the run game will be huge on both sides.

Conditioning is always an issue the first few weeks of the season (but especially in week 1), which only got worse when the new CBA limited the amount of time coaches could keep players for practice.  The players simply don't get enough action in OTA's, TC and PS to simulate playing a full 60 min game.  I think this was far more the problem in LA than the heat was.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s supposed to be hot in Indiana too. That might be the way to go. I hope they aren’t like the chargers and not give the other team shade.

It’s a 1 o clock game right? There won’t be much shade for either team. We’ll be fine. Personally I thought the Chargers had a harder time with conditioning and the heat than we did. I saw far more chargers cramping up than Colts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We need another back to step up.  Mack will be worn down by halftime if we ride him like we did in L.A.  Maybe open the short stuff for Jacoby to keep Tenn honest.

I think they said Wilkins will be able to take snaps this Sunday. Sounds like he is 100% and it wasn’t even a injury. He had a plate removed from his foot that was bothering him. Williams I would guess could go soon also. Mack will be run down if they keep doing that. Especially in 92 degree heat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think they said Wilkins will be able to take snaps this Sunday. Sounds like he is 100% and it wasn’t even a injury. He had a plate removed from his foot that was bothering him. Williams I would guess could go soon also. Mack will be run down if they keep doing that. Especially in 92 degree heat.

Playing in the heat is a game of attrition.   Get up by a couple of scores and just pound the rock down their throats.

On the other side of things, if we have good rotation and depth on our D we shouldn't get worn down as much.  Love Ballard's plan of depth and scheming.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They didn’t handle 80 degree CA heat. What makes you think they will handle 92 and a ton of humidity. I bet as the game goes on the run game will be huge on both sides.

Actually, it looked to me like we handled the heat better than the Chargers.  They were cramping up all over the place.

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

It’s a 1 o clock game right? There won’t be much shade for either team. We’ll be fine. Personally I thought the Chargers had a harder time with conditioning and the heat than we did. I saw far more chargers cramping up than Colts

The Chargers game was at 1 (local time), so the shade situation shouldn't be much different this Sunday.

• Like 1