Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves - 8/26/2019 - Farley Waived (Merge)

Barry Sears

Farley can play, and for certain teams, he’s a fringe starter. But not for the Colts, who have solid starters and back ups. 

I assume, as a favor for a good player, they released him early to give him an opportunity to land with another team?

He wasn’t going to make the 53 here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Farley can play, and for certain teams, he’s a fringe starter. But not for the Colts, who have solid starters and back ups. 

I assume, as a favor for a good player, they released him early to give him an opportunity to land with another team?

He wasn’t going to make the 53 here.

Good point on giving him a shot with another team.

8 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Confused on why they sign two new safeties and waive one that's been here and knows the system?

1 minute ago, Shepman said:

Timing of this is suspect.  Wonder if he failed a test or if he said something negative about recent events which got him booted.  No real advantage for him or team to release him today.

He was down the depth chart. Besides a few good games a couple years ago, he's just a roster fringe player, and this move isn't anything out of the ordinary. I hope he does well, but it's easy to conclude that he wasn't in the plans for the team this season. Maybe he asked to be released, but I don't think it's a big deal.

• Like 1

maybe the like the special teams play or contributions from other in that group. i thought he was a solid player as well but i guess we see if one of the other guys sticks. Not a shocking move doubt its the last of suprised moves before the seasons starts.

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Confused on why they sign two new safeties and waive one that's been here and knows the system?

2 reasons....he wasn't going to make the cut so this gives a respected veteran an opportunity to find a new team before cut down day. Secondly, the two rookies have PS eligibility AND the 4th preseason game you want none of Hooker, Odum, Geathers and Willis playing.....

Sucks to see Farley go, wish him nothing but success wherever he ends up!

Theineman played for Purdue, watched him play quite a bit....he was actually pretty decent, although I’m sure he’ll be a camp body at this point. Had some injury issues if I remember correctly.