Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Khari Willis, SS, Michigan State

MTC

I think he's more of a great teammate than a good player. I thought he had 6th-7th round value. He's not beating out Clayton Geathers or Matthias Farley any time soon. 

He's a good fit for this defense, but I think they fell in love with the character and picked him too early. He provides nothing in coverage at all man to man on RBs, TEs, and slot receivers.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think he's more of a great teammate than a good player. I thought he had 6th-7th round value. He's not beating out Clayton Geathers or Matthias Farley any time soon. 

He's a good fit for this defense, but I think they fell in love with the character and picked him too early.

He was a late 4th to Mid 5th by most “expert” sources. So a bit of a reach but not drastically 

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I was listening to nfl channel o Sirius.  They said he was the S that all the TEs had the hardest time against.  They loved the pick and how Ballard is building the team. 

This explains it. Both Ballard and Kiper were high on him. I like that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

He was a late 4th to Mid 5th by most “expert” sources. So a bit of a reach but not drastically 

Yeah I was saying he was a 6th-7th round pick in my opinion watching Michigan State games. He could prove me wrong but I don't see it. Would definitely rather have Hooker or Deionte Thompson.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I was listening to nfl channel o Sirius.  They said he was the S that all the TEs had the hardest time against.  They loved the pick and how Ballard is building the team. 

Here’s his draft profile...

Pre-Draft Analysis

Willis is a thick safety with below-average length and average speed. He's a downhill run defender who takes sound angles and is effective playing close to the line of scrimmage. He's instinctive and runs well enough to cover a deep half. He limits production after the catch. He's not a centerfielder, he doesn't have the cover skills to regularly match up with slot receivers and his frame raises concern about his ability to cover tight ends.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Here’s his draft profile...

Pre-Draft Analysis

Willis is a thick safety with below-average length and average speed. He's a downhill run defender who takes sound angles and is effective playing close to the line of scrimmage. He's instinctive and runs well enough to cover a deep half. He limits production after the catch. He's not a centerfielder, he doesn't have the cover skills to regularly match up with slot receivers and his frame raises concern about his ability to cover tight ends.

That Report match up with what everyone else is saying 

• Like 1