Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hurray if Florio report on Antonio Brown is accurate !

HOF19

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, HOF19 said:

It is over...…… 2 great ……. GREAT things have happened if this is true ……#1 AB is traded and we can stop talking about it AND EVEN BETTER NEWS !!!!!...…… HE WILL NOT BE A COLT !!!!!!! ...…...That puts me in a party mood !

It's  not better news as we barely beat the raiders without brown. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It's  not better news as we barely beat the raiders without brown. 

We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

We should be better this year (so should the Raiders), do who knows?

I look at the Brown acquisition like the guy who’s landed a really good-looking girlfriend that’s got a questionable character. In the end, misery. Time will tell. I’m just glad he’s not a Colt (and he didn’t go to NE.)

I was going to say the same thing... kind of like you want to show it off for a bit, but deep down you know its never going to last lol

10 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

We can only pray to bring back the highly talented Inman. Lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

It's is Great News that the colts won't be adding one of the Best players in a much needed position. And for 2 mid round picks. 

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

Edit: Nevermind...just saw that they did have to eat it. I wonder if the NFL would even let you do that. Rip up the old contract, sign a new one with all guarantees in the form of Roster Bonuses and Base Salary...and then trade him.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

So Brown got a new contract starting this season. Did PIT really just weasel their way out of a monster dead cap hit by tearing up his old contract and having him sign a new one?

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No, not at all.  Steelers have a 21.1 million dead cap for AB. But they do get 1 million cap savings.  (AB would have cost 22.1 million against the cap being on the roster).

Yeah...I was just reading up on it. I have to think they tried to shift that signing bonus into gtd base salary...but Brown said no thanks.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, I want the next Terrell Owens on my team for one year to distract the locker room and get the HC/GM ticked off enough to cut you...   :rollseyes:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/25/terrell-owens-giving-antonio-brown-advice-according-to-terrell-owens/

**Andy Reid suspends Owen for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, then deactivates him for the final five games. Owens signs with Dallas after the season.**

Dungy says if you can't play for Reid, you can't play for him either.  I don't want a T.O. mentored diva either.

As long as he doesn't fight with asst. coaches or former teammates in the locker room (T.O. did,  Brown's mentor)

https://tinyurl.com/y5rsjxyy

Ah come on Antonio can tell every coach in football how to coach...…..:sarcasm:

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

Yes.  It truly is great news that one of the biggest, most self-centered pains in the backside has been signed elsewhere.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes indeed.

Hey, man, he fits the culture lol. The culture will be even stronger next year, which will take us past the Chiefs and Patriots. 

I wasn't too worried about Brown being a Colt.  

He just seems to be the polar opposite of the type of players Ballard likes to bring in.  

He's a diva who's in his 30's and wants a lot of money.  That's not Ballard's type of player.   I would have been shocked if Ballard had pulled the trigger on a trade for him.