Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PTI asking Tony Dungy "Are Colts as good as Chargers ?

HOF19

I fear no rb or dline anymore.  Could they go off yes,  but the way our D has stopped the run game this year is insane.  Our oline is the best,  we can stop anyone.  Yeah maybe we get beat a couple plays but we win most of them bet on it. I'd rather face a heavy run team before a passing team.  We can easily stop the run. 

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Just worried about the chiefs. The rest of that is just noise. I would be shocked if the chargers win though. Whats the pats record in the divisional round? 502-1?

Meaningless stats:

Philip Rivers is 3-0 in 1 pm ET playoff games (including recent Ravens game). Him and the Chargers are 5-4 since 2012 in games with starting temps. between 20 and 45 degrees F. A lot of the Chargers players are from the Midwest (Melvin Gordon, Justin Jackson, Desmond King, Joey Bosa etc. and Casey Hayward played in Green Bay if we remember).

Tom Brady has 2 blowouts in 1 pm ET game, both in wild card round - blowout win vs Jets in 2006, blowout loss vs Ravens in 2010, both at home.

Patriots have always preferred late night games if they had a choice as a higher seed in the divisional round, prior to championship games (championship games are pre-determined, and this year the AFCCG is a night game while NFCCG is a 3:30 pm ET game). This year, by virtue of the 11-5 record, they landed the 1 pm ET slot as the worst record amongst the AFC and NFC top 2 seeds (I think that is how it works - Saints, Rams, Chiefs, then Patriots got the time slot choices in order). 

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Meaningless stats:

Philip Rivers is 3-0 in 1 pm ET playoff games (including recent Ravens game). Him and the Chargers are 5-4 since 2012 in games with starting temps. between 20 and 45 degrees F. A lot of the Chargers players are from the Midwest (Melvin Gordon, Justin Jackson, Desmond King, Joey Bosa etc. and Casey Hayward played in Green Bay if we remember).

Tom Brady has 2 blowouts in 1 pm ET game, both in wild card round - blowout win vs Jets in 2006, blowout loss vs Ravens in 2010, both at home.

Patriots have always preferred late night games if they had a choice as a higher seed in the divisional round, prior to championship games (championship games are pre-determined, and this year the AFCCG is a night game while NFCCG is a 3:30 pm ET game). This year, by virtue of the 11-5 record, they landed the 1 pm ET slot as the worst record amongst the AFC and NFC top 2 seeds (I think that is how it works - Saints, Rams, Chiefs, then Patriots got the time slot choices in order). 

I was kinda joking 

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

the chiefs game is gonna be the hardest if the colts get past them i think we can win the superbowl.

Man! I was just saying this earlier. If (when) we make it past KC I don’t see another team that would give us trouble as we would have already been battle tested against the BEST offense in the league. Still feel good about this weekend! Let’s gooooo!!!