Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is The First Thing You Are Going To Do When Andrew Luck Gets Drafted?

bap1331

Im visiting in Maryland from California til May so I will probably drive 3-4 hours to New York for the draft because my family is going there for the Redskins. Too bad it would be dumb to wear my Peyton Manning jersey but I have a Colts sweater.

But anyways the first thing im going to do is buy every single Andrew Luck rookie card when it comes out. I tried buying Peyton's popular rookie one but its around $1,500 for the SP Authentic one.

Also Andrew Luck's jersey but hopefully he doesnt turn out to be a bust. Which i doubt because he was trained by Peyton Manning. And his father was a not so great quarterback in the NFL just like Archie Manning so usually the son's turn out better.

Enjoy the moment and be happy for the young man that he is getting his shot to live out his dream.

With all the vets being gone on offense he has a chance to step into a true leadership role sooner then later now too.

Go get em Luck!!!!

of course...coming from a Texans fan. Wouldnt you be worried and fear an apocalypse? Andrew Luck is the new Peyton Manning and Tom Brady combined!

If Andrew Luck is 3/4 as good as PM or TB I'll be happy as long as the rest of our team is improved.

Well I work Friday nights so probably keep working and wait for the draft to really start with the Browns at number four since the first three picks look locked in. Frankly I think taking Luck is just going to be a formality at this point. The real excited will start the next day unless we make some moves which is possiable.

None the less I'll be happy we are talking about someone coming to the Colts rather than seeing a player go. It will be nice to start talking about the future again and looking forward to what can be rather than always having to look back and go oh I am sad it's over.

This came to mind so don't kill me. "He's like 6'5", 230 lbs, laser rocket arm." The good old days lol

Sorry I'm sure you got him confused with the guy that just got released :hide: and another team will be watching that laser rocket arm. haha

Sorry I'm sure you got him confused with the guy that just got released :hide: and another team will be watching that laser rocket arm. haha

At least they hope it's a laser rocket arm. I saw PFT has a report that Manning's arm strength is still not good despite the video that came out.

I think Peyton's health other than his neck is anything but a sure thing right now and here are the things that lead me to think that:

1. He said himself he still has work to do in regards to his health

2. If he was healthy I think he would be able to do better than four passes on video shot on a camera that is extremely grainy and if you don't the Manning camp had something to do with that video coming out you are kidding yourself.

3. He doesn't want a physical to be a part of a new deal with a new team.

4. He wont throw for new teams before they sign him (although the CBA might be preventing that not sure how that translates since he's not on a team anymore.)

I want Peyton Manning to get healthy just because I want him as a human being to be healthy if for no other reason so I am not cheering for him not to be healthy but just based on those reports I think there are reasons to be conerned about his health if you are another team.

At least they hope it's a laser rocket arm. I saw PFT has a report that Manning's arm strength is still not good despite the video that came out.

I think Peyton's health other than his neck is anything but a sure thing right now and here are the things that lead me to think that:

1. He said himself he still has work to do in regards to his health

2. If he was healthy I think he would be able to do better than four passes on video shot on a camera that is extremely grainy and if you don't the Manning camp had something to do with that video coming out you are kidding yourself.

3. He doesn't want a physical to be a part of a new deal with a new team.

4. He wont throw for new teams before they sign him (although the CBA might be preventing that not sure how that translates since he's not on a team anymore.)

I want Peyton Manning to get healthy just because I want him as a human being to be healthy if for no other reason so I am not cheering for him not to be healthy but just based on those reports I think there are reasons to be conerned about his health if you are another team.

Well why would a team even consider him without seeing him throw if they were concerned? I didn't think he had a choice about the physical and all players had to pass the physical. I have always said that if Peyton didn't think he could play to his standards he would retire and I still feel that way. Maybe I'm wrong but that has been and will always be my opinion.

Guess with the teams wanting to interview him they must know something we don't know unless they are stupid.

I'll most likely be watching him walk up to the stage and get his picture taken with Irsay, Goodell and Grigson. I'm sure I won't be surprised because I suspect at that point he'll probably already have the contract signed.

Well why would a team even consider him without seeing him throw if they were concerned? I didn't think he had a choice about the physical and all players had to pass the physical. I have always said that if Peyton didn't think he could play to his standards he would retire and I still feel that way. Maybe I'm wrong but that has been and will always be my opinion.

Guess with the teams wanting to interview him they must know something we don't know unless they are stupid.

I think they wouldn't if his name wasn't Peyton Manning and you don't have to give up anything to give him other than money. I feel that way about Peyton as far as retiring as well. I just don't think he's going to come to conclusion now. He MIGHT in training camp or even a pre-season game if it's clear then it's just not happening for him due to arm strength but I think it's going to have to come in that setting for him to accept it.

Clayton said a couple of weeks ago Peyton just needs time to keep rehabbing. Once he has that time it is very possiable he'll rehab just fine. There is also still a very chance he may not. I am just saying it's not a sure bet either way.