Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather Forecast for Saturday's Game Does a 360

dw49

Click on Saturday.  It says storm total 3 to 6 inches.  Friday night to Saturday,  I presume.

As long as it stops by noon, as predicted, it shouldn't matter.  Heated field - field should be covered.  You'll just have snow piled up on the sidelines, as I believe they did the last time we won in KC.

If it hits later or is worse than currently predicted, you have a completely different game.

Might alter travel plans.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t see that on accuweather. I saw less then one inch. I also saw something that it was going  to be dry for both AFC games.

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Click on Saturday.  It says storm total 3 to 6 inches.  Friday night to Saturday,  I presume 

As long as it stops by noon, as predicted, it shouldn't matter.  Heated field - field should be covered.  You'll just have snow piled up on the sidelines, as I believe they did the last time we won in KC.

If it hits later or is worse than currently predicted, you have a completely different game.

#12.. are you sure that's not centimeters they are talking about ? If so that would be around 2.5 inches 

Hi y'all. Operational Meteorologist chiming in here.

Current National Weather Service forecast calls for 1-3 inches Friday night. Temperatures will be above freezing Saturday, so precipitation looks to be rain, with the chance hanging out pretty much the entire game.

Gameplan: Give Mack 40 carries, and Hines 15. Run, run, and run the ball some more RIGHT behind Kelly and Q.

Lets go Colts!!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, #12. said:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article224220475.html

3-5 inches with a chance of snow lingering throughout Saturday afternoon and through Saturday night.  Even worse in the central part of the state, which could create problems for traveling Colt fans.

This is pretty * big. Let's hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, HarryTheCat said:

Sunday will be a bad day for the guy who does the Chiefs' laundry, however. Lots of mud and grass stains on the backs of their D-Line and LB jerseys, and some nasty stains on the inside of the uniform pants.

Hopefully they will have a whole year to get those stains out! :funny:

16 minutes ago, GusFring said:

I feel cheated with the bad weather. Cold was fine, but rain or snow and the game will be horrible to watch

I think it’s supposed to be over by gametime. I see where your coming from. I think if we lose we will feel we got cheated that conditions were not good. If we win we will laugh because the chiefs couldn’t do what they wanted.

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think if we lose we will feel we got cheated that conditions were not good.

?

Wouldn't bad weather conditions benefit the team that runs the ball and stops the run better than the other team?  (The Colts)  And be a hindrance to the team more reliant on the deep passing game?  (The Chiefs)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

?

Wouldn't bad weather conditions benefit the team that runs the ball and stops the run better than the other team?  (The Colts)  And be a hindrance to the team more reliant on the deep passing game?  (The Chiefs)

My point was not knowing the result we can’t reallt predict how we will feel with the weather.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

My point was not knowing the result we can’t reallt predict how we will feel with the weather.

I'm still not sure I follow.

Of course I want a Colts win, no matter what the weather is like.

But if I had a choice, I'd love a snow-game.  That's real playoff football!  (Plus, it would be to the Colts advantage, or more precisely to the Chiefs disadvantage)  :thmup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm still not sure I follow.

Of course I want a Colts win, no matter what the weather is like.

But if I had a choice, I'd love a snow-game.  That's real playoff football!  (Plus, it would be to the Colts advantage, or more precisely to the Chiefs disadvantage)  :thmup:

If we lose a snow and cold game we will feel cheated because we might not of been able to give our best effort.

If we win  cold snow game we will be jumping for joy because it probably effected the chiefs high flying offense. 

A cold snow game doesn’t necessarily mean the colts will have the advantage. We can think that but until the game is played we don’t know.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we lose a snow and cold game we will feel cheated because we might not of been able to give our best effort.

I guess I can see that.

The Colts might have won the Bills game last year if it hadn't been in a blizzard with a foot of snow on the ground.  And a Colts win is more important than enjoying a good snow-game.

But I love snow-games.  There's something magical about football in the snow.  :scoregood:

• Like 1

Ebron has played in some cold and snow games when he was with the lions. He said he loves them. Leonard was dancing in the cold and snow yesterday. So seeing those two guys it doesn’t seem that it will effect them to much. But I still don’t completly trust this team in the cold and snow.

Everyone wants to play NE if we win this game. I would rather play the chargers where the weather will be gorgeous and the stadium might be half colt fans.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a BIG rain storm was expected for our "playoff" game in Tennessee.  It never materialized until ,arguably, it benefitted us (late).

If things turn out well this time weather-wise,  then i'm convinced this team is on a "higher" purposed quest.

My vote is to run the ball down their throat in the snow and our guys can get a tan next week in LA (hopefully).

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I seem to remember a BIG rain storm was expected for our "playoff" game in Tennessee.  It never materialized until ,arguably, it benefitted us (late).

If things turn out well this time weather-wise,  then i'm convinced this team is on a "higher" purposed quest.

My vote is to run the ball down their throat in the snow and our guys can get a tan next week in LA (hopefully).

Turn out well as in snow heavily?

and yes AMEN! Let’s run ourselves right on over to Los Angeles :goodluck:

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:13 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

With Mahomes arm, I dont know that it matters that much. 

No, but with 0 degrees and 100% chance of snow, it hinders the Chiefs primary weapon, which is passing. With us having the better run game, no offense to Damien Williams, and the lack of the Chiefs run D, it will significantly help us.

34 minutes ago, #12. said:

Looks like it's still snowing at 4:00 PM to me.  If this is right, it will be snowing right up through kickoff.

usa_039.jpg

from what I am seeing it looks to be snowing before anyone even wakes up in the morning on through to the end of the game. Now how much sticks is another story, but it could mean a lot of snow.

Most of it would be cleared off.  They'll have the field covered, but they have to take the tarp off for a few hours before the game for warmups, so whatever hits in that time period would be on the field.  They do have a heated field, but I'm not sure how much effect that will have.

14 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

?

I'm not sure poor field conditions would benefit the Colts.  

On a good field, I think the Colts running game is easily going to do well against the Chiefs.  I'm afraid poor conditions may level the playing field a bit.  

I had myself convinced that the Colts could take KC down.   Now we may have to deal with a bit of an X factor.

But I have always loved weather games.  

On 1/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, #12. said:

Click on Saturday.  It says storm total 3 to 6 inches.  Friday night to Saturday,  I presume.

Yep, field will definitely be covered, & I just found out about the heated field today. The Chiefs are basically a dome team, who knew?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article121635667.html

Just now, Superman said:

I just checked, it looks like snow throughout the night and day. 

A lot of our guys played in the Buffalo game last year. This won't be that, of course, but if we're the more physical team -- and I think we are -- the weather is to our advantage.

I think that Buffalo game might serve as advantage for those that played in it last year tomorrow.  

I remember Saturday talking about doing cold ball drills before the Ravens game in 06 because there was a chance of rain in that game and how he hated it but also saying how it paid off for them in the Super Bowl when it did rain.

If you recall the Bears struggled with the elements early putting the ball on the ground twice.  The Colts had some issues with it but not as many and looked like they were more prepared for the weather, which according to Saturday they were.  

We might see something like that tomorrow.  I honestly don’t know KC’s history of snow games but snow games are hard to prepare for unless you have played in them.  Clearly the Colts played in the mother of all snow game last year and while this won’t be like that guys can probably draw on that experience.  

Still, if weather is a fact this game will come down to protecting the ball and establishing control up front.  On paper the Colts should be able to do that but  KC’s lines aren’t bad.  I think bigger question will be how can Patrick handle the nerves of his first playoff game and can he protect the ball in less than idle conditions.  He’s had issues with fumbles this year.  If the Colts can make him put the ball on the ground or pick it off and turn it into points that will really help their chances.