Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kareem Hunt pushes and kicks a woman on video

Valpo2004

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wasn't that long ago Hunt was at the rookie symposium. He was made aware of the pit falls of a NFL player. It's no ones fault but his own he didn't learn and heed the advice given to him.

Yeah because all 22 yos remember the rookie symposium a year later while out partying. It's definitely his fault for his decisions, but the punishment is going to far outweigh the crime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Wait......what? 

So you're a trained investigator and you're telling me that hand to hand violence and gun violence is the same thing? Like....it's under the same category? 

This has nothing to do with the Hunt thing. But seriously. What. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Please cite your source. I find that hard to believe.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.95efd74f76a4c2a2efb93c6edf61b53a.jpg

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The finger bone's connected to the - Hand Bone.

The hand bone's connected to the - Arm Bone.

The arm bone's connected to the - Neck Bone.

The neck bone's connected to the - Head Bone.

Ok, I'll stop.

Apparently my attempt at lame humor failed... miserably... 

I'm not an advocate of beating women but I'm an advocate of self-defense and letting someone know you're not to be played with.

If you do not know the ENTIRE story, please leave your opinions checked.

Reports were/are saying the woman called him the N-word, instigated the entire thing, and hit him with a lamp.  A slap is ok with me, even a shove, but hit me with something that could injure me and yes, I will respond.

It's a reason why the police claimed it was self-defense.  

• Like 2

There are reports she hit him with a lamp while in his room. What he should've done at that point was get her out of his room (get the lamp out of her hands), just grab her and force her out and get the door shut. Stay in the room and call Hotel Security at that point. I know in the heat of the moment that is tougher said than done but in hindsight that would've been the right move. Security and Police could've handled it from there. My guess is, Hunt was drinking so his judgement wasn't that good. He was upset so the fight continued outside the room. Although the kick didn't look hard, it is still a terrible look as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

She was not wielding a weapon in the video. She was outside his room. He came out after her.

Exactly. It seems that what most of the commenters here are calling "self-defense" is more "retaliation". They seem to be saying that because she hit him at some point, he has the right to hit her. That is not self-defense.  The video does not show self-defense on either of their parts.

Self-defense is an action taken to prevent harm to oneself. The video does not show an individual hitting someone because he reasonably believes that he needs to protect himself. 

Note: I believe they are both wrong. She goes after him after he hits her and walks away. She should have left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are reports she hit him with a lamp while in his room. What he should've done at that point was get her out of his room (get the lamp out of her hands), just grab her and force her out and get the door shut. Stay in the room and call Hotel Security at that point. I know in the heat of the moment that is tougher said than done but in hindsight that would've been the right move. Security and Police could've handled it from there. 

That is what should have been done. That there is self-defense. Forcing her out of the room to protect himself is self-defense. Going after her as he did in the video is not self-defense. It is retaliation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What's hard to understand?  Once she was out of his room she was no longer a danger to him.

What he did outside the room was against the law no matter what happened inside.

Had there been any serious injuries the cops more than likely would have made an arrest.

He must have felt he did do something wrong because he lied about it, thus costing him his job with the Chiefs.

No doubt he will continue his career when his penalties are complete. Let's hope he learns his lesson and not put himself in a bad situation again.

He is talented enough that some team will sign him no question.

I have no clue on who that team may be.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He must have felt he did do something wrong because he lied about it, thus costing him his job with the Chiefs.

This^

He lied to the Chiefs when asked about the incident. This was a mistake.

Everything he did in the video was a mindset, not a mistake. He repeatedly came back after being led away from the scene. Bravo Chiefs for dumping his sorry *. 

I'm shocked about how many guys in here would beat women and defend Hunt.... I mean, what's wrong with you? Even IF she slapped him first.... A SLAP... Wow... Its not like she hit him with a baseball bat and it was health threatening. He could have gone back in his room and call the police.... But no.... That dumb *** pushes her against the wall and kicks her as she is defenseless. I don't know how anybody can defend this behavior. If i would write what i think about you guys that defend Hunt, i would be banned on this forum. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ColtsGermany said:

I'm shocked about how many guys in here would beat women and defend Hunt.... I mean, what's wrong with you? Even IF she slapped him first.... A SLAP... Wow... Its not like she hit him with a baseball bat and it was health threatening. He could have gone back in his room and call the police.... But no.... That dumb *** pushes her against the wall and kicks her as she is defenseless. I don't know how anybody can defend this behavior. If i would write what i think about you guys that defend Hunt, i would be banned on this forum. 

See my Post above, it explains how Hunt should've handled the situation. Had he done it like that he would have no problems. That is how every man should handle it when it comes to women unless like you said she is just crazy with a bat or knife trying to kill the guy. I would've snatched the lamp out of her hands and got her out of my room, then shut the door and called Hotel Security. It would've been end of story at that point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

It has nothing to do with beating women. I've been married and divored(I filed) never laid a hand on any women. Been slapped, got scars on my arms from her fingernails. Her response everytime "touch me I dare you." These damn women out here wanting to be treated equal on everything but domestic disputes. If your equal to a man in every sense and your lay your hands on one expect to get it back. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See my Post above, it explains how Hunt should've handled the situation. Had he done it like that he would have no problems. That is how every man should handle it when it comes to women unless like you said she is just crazy with a bat or knife trying to kill the guy. I would've snatched the lamp out of her hands and got her out of my room, then shut the door and called Hotel Security. It would've been end of story at that point.

:scoregood:

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, coltsva said:

He repeatedly came back after being led away from the scene.

That is why all those crying "self-defense" are wrong. Self-defense is to protect yourself, not to retaliate. Instead of protecting himself, he was coming back and exposing himself to possible harm.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wasn't that long ago Hunt was at the rookie symposium. He was made aware of the pit falls of a NFL player. It's no ones fault but his own he didn't learn and heed the advice given to him.

I wasn't excusing him of that and not being completely truthful with the Chiefs is also an issue.

I have 2 daughters both very well being able to defend themselves and they have also been told and taught if you act like a man expect to be treated as one when it comes to this issue. 

• Like 1

Since the "Redskins" have shown their recent take on criminals I'm certain they are thinking hard of bringing him on board their very honorable (R-e-d-s-k-i-n-s) organization. Note the Cleveland Indians have removed their logo permanently. Go get him "skins". I wonder what Hunt's GPA was in college assuming he attended class. Can't wait for Monday to hear all the former athletes run up the excuse flag for Hunt.

42 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Ever had your eye scratched cause someone was swiping at you?

Slap or not, it doesn't matter, the intent to do harm is there. Period. Nobody is condoning his actions and saying he is entirely right. The self defense is in reference to what transpired before. The biggest debate here is calling out people who act like he put her in a coma, when the reality is far from it. Ya he pushed her over, but it's not like it was a Janikowski 60 yard attempt. Knee jerk reactions of shoving, stupid ya but not a ray rice knockout combo. 

Get a grip and realize there are varying degrees of a situation and act accordingly.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. That is a weird statement. How does a man act? Are you saying that fighting is something that men do?

He's saying if you want to be treated like a woman and hold on to that special privileged right of being put on a pedestal and protected, then don't get in someone's face and instigate a situation beyond what it already is. Don't go attacking and expect to not be retaliated against.

Also, your last question is a bit naive and deliberately playing dumb. Yes fighting is something men do, I mean there have been literally thousands of years in recorded history of it being a sport. And that's not including all the wars and fighting since the dawn of human civilization. To say that men are not instinctively aggressive is to deny natural psychology and physiology if men. 

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

He's saying if you want to be treated like a woman and hold on to that special privileged right of being put on a pedestal and protected, then don't get in someone's face and instigate a situation beyond what it already is. Don't go attacking and expect to not be retaliated against.

Also, your last question is a bit naive and deliberately playing dumb. Yes fighting is something men do, I mean there have been literally thousands of years in recorded history of it being a sport. And that's not including all the wars and fighting since the dawn of human civilization. To say that men are not instinctively aggressive is to deny natural psychology and physiology if men. 

Lol. Human beings fight. Not just men. Animals fight too. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Human beings fight. Not just men. Animals fight too. 

Men are more prone to being aggressive, there it's no argument here. It's called testosterone and influences the way mens chemical reactions occur in the body and mind, influencing emotions and aggressiveness. I'm not saying women don't fight, but there is literally no ground for anyone to stand on and say that men are not inherently more aggressiveness and prone to fighting than women are.

And leave the silly comments like animals fighting, it is irrelevant to the discussion and just acts as a strawman and distraction to the real discussion here which is about men and women. It just makes you look worse.

51 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. That is a weird statement. How does a man act? Are you saying that fighting is something that men do?

I started to say HUMAN because i figured this would come up. But I see some understood what I meant.  If you look at my other replies i stated MAN, WOMAN or ANIMAL. 

37 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

^^ They get it. 

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Obviously.  Men are are bigger/stronger and more violent.

That's sexist and misogynistic, congratulations you're part of the problem. 

I'm being sarcastic as men are typically stronger and more aggressive and therefore should be more mindful of physical interactions with women and act accordingly. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of society that says we don't treat women equally, yet want to give them special privileges and protections. 

It's all or nothing and presents a problem for those who hold to both beliefs.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

And leave the silly comments like animals fighting, it is irrelevant to the discussion and just acts as a strawman and distraction to the real discussion here which is about men and women. It just makes you look worse.

No.

(Bolded) You're projecting.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Obviously.  Men are are bigger/stronger and more violent.

I feel all HUMANS should be accounted for equally.   In TODAYS world you can't really say that. I'm probably not going to use the same force or technique on a woman that I would a man but that doesn't mean i fear a man any more then I do a woman.  

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No.

(Bolded) You're projecting.

I'm not the one introducing irrelevant information to a debate. You can think what you want, but fact is it shows weakness in your position if you have to resort to strawman arguments and bring in irrelevant information to attempt to distract and derail the true discussion.

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's what irks me at times. Women are allowed to attack a man at will and suffer no consequences all because they are a woman. Meanwhile all the news says is that women are treated like second class citizens and need equal rights. But things Like this come up and all of a sudden they need to be treated special because they are a woman. 

Change the woman to a man in this video and it wouldn't be such a big deal. That's sexist, and that's not how equal rights work.

Yes, to an extent, I do agree. I had an uncle who was abused by his wife, and believe me, it happens. She had some serious goon connections to threaten him every time he got tough with her, and police would not believe him, and he had gone against family advice to not marry her. So he felt alone and committed suicide in front of a train. That was a difficult day for the family, still remember talking to my grandma who recalled getting his body in pieces in tears. Yes, mental health is a serious issue, not just in this country, but around the globe.

However, in this case, Kareem Hunt did have a chance, to walk away, even if she instigated things. I remember Reggie Wayne getting in a bar fight and he had a chance for fight or flight, and he chose flight recalling Dungy's words, he said. Kareem Hunt chose fight and paid for it because the video got out. I still think he needs to be given a second chance after this punishment he deals with though life will never be the same for him again.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I'm not the one introducing irrelevant information to a debate. You can think what you want, but fact is it shows weakness in your position if you have to resort to strawman arguments and bring in irrelevant information to attempt to distract and derail the true discussion.

You read it the way you wanted to. Go back and read my posts and go back and read your posts. Look at who is being antagonistic.

Btw, I added that animals fight to show that it is behavior that is not controlled by what your gender is. Someone wrote that his daughter(s?) should not act as a man. I asked if he was referring to fighting. It is not only men that fight and it is not only humans that fight. That's my point. If you don't get that, okay. Let's agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You read it the way you wanted to. Go back and read my posts and go back and read your posts. Look at who is being antagonistic.

Btw, I added that animals fight to show that it is behavior that is not controlled by what your gender is. Someone intimated that his daughter should not act as a man. I asked if he was referring to fighting. It is not only men that fight and it is not only humans that fight. That's my point. If you don't get that, okay. Let's agree to disagree.

You see it as antagonistic, is this because you feel threatened by someone disagreeing with you? Because there is no antagonizing, simply disagreeing with your argument. Animals are in no way equal to humans because they do not have the part of the brain that allows them to reason, think critically, and make decisions like we do, that is why humans are separated from animals scientifically.

The discussion is about men and women, and men are more aggressiveness generally speaking. That is why men fight more than women. Its not even a stigma, its a fact.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

You see it as antagonistic, is this because you feel threatened by someone disagreeing with you? Because there is no antagonizing, simply disagreeing with your argument. Animals are in no way equal to humans because they do not have the part of the brain that allows them to reason, think critically, and make decisions like we do, that is why humans are separated from animals scientifically.

The discussion is about men and women, and men are more aggressiveness generally speaking. That is why men fight more than women. Its not even a stigma, its a fact.

Why would I feel threatened? Lol. I'm done with responding to you. Have a great day. 

27 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

As far as what happened in the video you are the one who is introducing irrelevant information.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, to an extent, I do agree. I had an uncle who was abused by his wife, and believe me, it happens. She had some serious goon connections to threaten him every time he got tough with her, and police would not believe him, and he had gone against family advice to not marry her. So he felt alone and committed suicide in front of a train. That was a difficult day for the family, still remember talking to my grandma who recalled getting his body in pieces in tears. Yes, mental health is a serious issue, not just in this country, but around the globe.

However, in this case, Kareem Hunt did have a chance, to walk away, even if she instigated things. I remember Reggie Wayne getting in a bar fight and he had a chance for fight or flight, and he chose flight recalling Dungy's words, he said. Kareem Hunt chose fight and paid for it because the video got out. I still think he needs to be given a second chance after this punishment he deals with though life will never be the same for him again.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear. It does happen to both men and women. I know men who have experienced abuse. As you wrote, this here is a different situation. He could have walked away as Wayne did. His friends tried to stop him.

12 hours ago, Shive said:

{snip}

I'm shocked they cut him, but if he lied to the Chiefs about it, that could be their big issue.

It was-

Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt. At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/statement-from-the-kansas-city-chiefs-on-rb-kareem-hunt?sf203419367=1

12 hours ago, Shive said:

I loved him as a RB coming out of the draft, but I'd have to know the full scope of the incident before I'd fee comfortable claiming him.

And the nature of his falsehood alibi as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

That's sexist and misogynistic, congratulations you're part of the problem. 

I'm being sarcastic as men are typically stronger and more aggressive and therefore should be more mindful of physical interactions with women and act accordingly. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of society that says we don't treat women equally, yet want to give them special privileges and protections. 

It's all or nothing and presents a problem for those who hold to both beliefs.

Haha I’m so glad I read your whole post. I read that first line and I was going to rip you a new one! Glad I read the whole thing though I totally agree!

To those saying they should have called the police to handle it, they most like didn't because of the same reason they kicked her out of the room. They found out she was only 19. They were probably worried that if they called the police, they would get in trouble for her drinking, which is a legitimate concern for someone of their age and in the situation they were in.