Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kareem Hunt pushes and kicks a woman on video

Valpo2004

Chiefs way over reacted due to the SJW society we live in today.

Hunt should have avoided it.  But being young, probably drinking, late at night?  In the heat of the moment I totally see how he reacted the way he did considering what she was instigating.

Hunt got totally screwed here.  To banish a guy from his job over this?  

I have to think that if American society wasn't so left/SJW leaning, he would have not lost his job.

Colts should seriously considering signing him.  In fact to me its a no brainer.

A cheap All Pro RB is falling right into your lap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Hunt should have avoided it.  But being young, probably drinking, late at night?  In the heat of the moment I totally see how he reacted the way he did considering what she was instigating.

I have to think that if American society wasn't so left/SJW leaning, he would have not lost his job.

Colts should seriously considering signing him.  In fact to me its a no brainer.

The Chiefs didn't cut him for the issue with the female.  He was cut because he lied.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Chiefs didn't cut him for the issue with the female.  He was cut because he lied.

No doubt.  And he should be punished. 

Best thing he could have done was be up front about it all.

At the same time, I think back when I was his age.  I might have done the same thing (lied).  Not proud of that....but you are a guy on your rookie contract...knowing you put yourself in a bad position but at the same time might have only been 25% at fault.

I would have been scared of losing my job too.

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm curious how this will work.  Will the team that signs him have him for the remainder of his rookie contract?

Since the Chiefs released him, will his new team sign him to a new contract?

It would be ironic if he started making more money next year than he would have if he had stayed a Chief...  :scratch:

First Hunt has to go through waivers. Some team will probably pick him up, and then they pick up his rookie contract. If he clears waivers (highly unlikely) then he is a free agent. But since Hunt has played less than four years he is on the waiver wire, not a free agent. So I believe the Raiders get the first chance to pick him up...

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Some lucky team will sign him.   Peterson is old and he was signed.   The video really wasn't that bad.

In a sense, true. OTOH, it is clearly a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy of the NFL, and a suspension of some length would have been likely.

9 hours ago, Bshultz said:

We might have had more evidence if Hunt's buddy hadn't snatched that other woman's phone who was recording the incident. No one noticed that I guess at the one minute mark.

I saw some body cam video from an investigating officer of the victim showing she said her phone was taken as well. And a SIM card was removed.

5 hours ago, threeflight said:

No doubt.  And he should be punished. 

Best thing he could have done was be up front about it all.

At the same time, I think back when I was his age.  I might have done the same thing (lied).  Not proud of that....but you are a guy on your rookie contract...knowing you put yourself in a bad position but at the same time might have only been 25% at fault.

I would have been scared of losing my job too.

Likely would only serve a few games suspension and then back on track.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

punching and strangling your pregnant girlfriend > dishonesty 

good to know chiefs

???  I don't follow.

Hill did his bad act in college in 2014, plead guilty in 2015, served 3 years probation, completed an anger management course and also a batterer's intervention program.  After he finished (August 2018), his case was dismissed and even his record was expunged.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

In a sense, true. OTOH, it is clearly a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy of the NFL, and a suspension of some length would have been likely.

I saw some body cam video from an investigating officer of the victim showing she said her phone was taken as well. And a SIM card was removed.

Likely would only serve a few games suspension and then back on track.

???  I don't follow.

Hill did his bad act in college in 2014, plead guilty in 2015, served 3 years probation, completed an anger management course and also a batterer's intervention program.  After he finished (August 2018), his case was dismissed and even his record was expunged.

Pleading guilty and being punished doesn't mean you're not a piece of feces.

• Like 1

All I can say is that the NFLs Rookie Symposium will now have ANOTHER example of a situation that could have been completely avoided by the wisdom and practice of self-control.

This was totally avoidable.

Slam the door.... call hotel security and/or the cops, let them haul the girl off to sober up.... and let it be a lesson about the combustibles of the $tar Pro Athlete+Late Night Party dynamic, since you’ve evidently ignored Symposium advice and probably plenty of other advice along the way regarding matters of domestic violence/violence against women.

This is the lifestyle some of these guys choose, and yes.... it is perfectly with their right to do so.... but when, not if, when things go bad they HAVE to be able to handle things better than Kareem Hunt did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, threeflight said:

Evidently he belted some guy in the face a few months back as well.

The last thing Irsay/Ballard should do is risk the excellent chemistry that Frank Reich is shaping by signing Kareem Hunt.

Sorry... I’m not a buyer at any price.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994219/article/kareem-hunt-faces-more-than-baseline-sixgame-suspension

4 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

First Hunt has to go through waivers. Some team will probably pick him up, and then they pick up his rookie contract. If he clears waivers (highly unlikely) then he is a free agent. But since Hunt has played less than four years he is on the waiver wire, not a free agent. So I believe the Raiders get the first chance to pick him up...

All players are subject to the WW after the TDL. It does go in reverse order...so he would have to pass by 18 or so teams for the Colts to get him. Not likely that happens...especially when some team can get his cheap rookie deal for two seasons. I imagine a rebuilding team would just scoop him up and let him serve out his suspension for the rest of this meaningless season...and then have his rights for the next two years

• Like 1

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

There's an additional incident from June where he apparently punched a guy in the face and now Hunt might be suspended for more than six games...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994219/article/kareem-hunt-faces-more-than-baseline-sixgame-suspension

Pattern of behavior?

It looks like it is time to RING THE BELL :funny:

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Howie Long just said on the CBS pregame show when they talked about Hunt being picked up by another team, he will be signed as a player not a person. That says a lot about the NFL.

That's the way it should be.

You hire someone to work for you, not to marry you or live in your bedroom.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:24 AM, threeflight said:

Ya except he is now falling all over himself and saying how it was his fault.  Simple fact is he needs to just WALK AWAY!! Also the kick st the end was unnecessary and didn’t his mama teach him to never ever hit a woman!! 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 8:06 PM, JimJaime said:

Ya except he is now falling all over himself and saying how it was his fault.  Simple fact is he needs to just WALK AWAY!! Also the kick st the end was unnecessary and didn’t his mama teach him to never ever hit a woman!! 

I was taught by my mother and father to never hit a woman and I never have or ever will...even though I’ve had a female try and stab me in the face with a screwdriver, I still walked away. My auntie also died as the result of constant beatings from her scumbag husband. 

I do however feel that the double standards in this is horrendous. This woman also assaulted Hunt and racially abused him...but nothing???

I am in no way defending Hunt in this, it’s despicable what he did and he definitely should be punished. If you completely reversed the positions in all of this though, it would still be viewed the same.

No doubt some will try to say I am defending Hunt, but that couldn’t be further from the truth, just think she should also be held accountable for her actions in this too.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was taught by my mother and father to never hit a woman and I never have or ever will...even though I’ve had a female try and stab me in the face with a screwdriver, I still walked away. My auntie also died as the result of constant beatings from her scumbag husband. 

I do however feel that the double standards in this is horrendous. This woman also assaulted Hunt and racially abused him...but nothing???

I am in no way defending Hunt in this, it’s despicable what he did and he definitely should be punished. If you completely reversed the positions in all of this though, it would still be viewed the same.

No doubt some will try to say I am defending Hunt, but that couldn’t be further from the truth, just think she should also be held accountable for her actions in this too.

How do we know she hasn't been fired from her job?

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How do we know she hasn't been fired from her job?

I really couldn’t say bud, has she? I’m only going by everything I’ve seen and heard myself on the television. Not seen anyone bring her actions into question and I think that is, because they fear the backlash, of either defending Hunt, or being sexist. As I’ve said in my post, I don’t think any man should be hitting a woman and I would defend woman  if I was to witness it, but that doesn’t make it alright for them to assault men and not be held accountable for it.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I really couldn’t say bud, has she? I’m only going by everything I’ve seen and heard myself on the television. Not seen anyone bring her actions into question and I think that is, because they fear the backlash, of either defending Hunt, or being sexist. As I’ve said in my post, I don’t think any man should be hitting a woman and I would defend woman  if I was to witness it, but that doesn’t make it alright for them to assault men and not be held accountable for it.

He is a famous athlete,   obviously he is going to get the news over a woman who isn't famous

18 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Umm nothing happened to Hunt as far as criminal charges or anything like that. It’s part of his contract (or the CBA) that he violated this why he got treated like this.  I mean sadly it APPEARS he has issues as it appears they are now investigating 3 incidents of him being violent.  I see a very long long suspension for him and a one year “prove you can not be stupid” deal when it’s done.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Umm nothing happened to Hunt as far as criminal charges or anything like that. It’s part of his contract (or the CBA) that he violated this why he got treated like this.  I mean sadly it APPEARS he has issues as it appears they are now investigating 3 incidents of him being violent.  I see a very long long suspension for him and a one year “prove you can not be stupid” deal when it’s done.

Yeah, it definitely seems like he has anger issues, needs to learn to walk away. Hopefully he can address these and not waste the incredible talent he has been blessed with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm sure everyone will be up in arms over this, but whatever....

I don't think this video is as near as bad as everyone is making it out to be. 

From where I stand he got 3 strikes, and was still allowed to stay in the batters box.

Strike 1, Jan. 2018 -

http://www.tmz.com/2018/12/04/kareem-hunt-video-nightclub-fight-kansas-city-chiefs/

Victim wanted to press charges, none filed (complaint filed)

Strike 2, Feb 2018 -

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_exjrtvg5/

Victim wanted to press charges, none filed-

http://www.tmz.com/2018/12/01/kareem-hunt-chiefs-victim-police-press-charges-body-cam-surveillance/

Strike 3, June 2018 -

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/06/kareem-hunt-in-alleged-physical-altercation-at-ohio-resort/

No charges filed because victim had eventually stopped cooperating?

Any/all could very well be considered PCP violation(s).  Said Player not charged, nor any action form the NFL on any of these incidents... until... TMZ pays off someone for the hotel video.  Now the NFL will likely have to 'overreact' (maybe not unlike they had to in the /Ray Rice Scenario) in response for their reactive nature and subsequent alteration to their domestic abuse policy.

I don't know, maybe get ready for possibly another round of court cases for inconsistent punishment or other due process 'whatever they come up with'?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25432345/nfl-botched-kareem-hunt-assault-investigation-why-interested-truth