Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kareem Hunt pushes and kicks a woman on video

Valpo2004

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They aren’t the juggernaut they once were but let’s be honest...in a one game scenario I bet they can beat the Rams...I think the Saints would beat them. The NFC isn’t that much better. Besides let’s see how teams look at the end of the year...Kupp is already out...KC losing Hunt...Pitts lost Bell...more injuries will happen. If NE is healthy and has HFA...they will be in the SB.

I feel like they would struggle to beat us of they had to play us in the playoffs honestly 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

How does a gun fire? By pulling the trigger with a finger right? What's the finger attached too... a hand...

Wait......what? 

So you're a trained investigator and you're telling me that hand to hand violence and gun violence is the same thing? Like....it's under the same category? 

This has nothing to do with the Hunt thing. But seriously. What. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Wait......what? 

So you're a trained investigator and you're telling me that hand to hand violence and gun violence is the same thing? Like....it's under the same category? 

And drones are controlled with hands.  Bombs are assembled and detonated with hands.

Pretty much 100% of violence and death can be attributed to the weapons we call hands.

Time to ban hands.  Hands are illegal now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

How does a gun fire? By pulling the trigger with a finger right? What's the finger attached too... a hand...

The finger bone's connected to the - Hand Bone.

The hand bone's connected to the - Arm Bone.

The arm bone's connected to the - Neck Bone.

The neck bone's connected to the - Head Bone.

Ok, I'll stop.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So the AFC once again runs through Foxboro?? Brady going for number 6.

Hope not. The Chargers need to seize this opportunity. I would love to see Philip Rivers win a Super Bowl (of course, not if the Chargers play the Vikings). 

• Like 1

Colts won't do it in a million years, but I would claim him.  He was in the wrong (as was she), but let's not act this is a Mixon, rice, tyreek hill situation.  Although he may need to see some one about anger issues.....

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Wait......what? 

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Not sure what message it sends. The woman hit him with a lamp. Police were called and he was not arrested due to self defense. Men are ALLOWED to defend themselves

That's the first I've heard about a lamp...  Did you watch the video?

He shoves her FIRST, then she slaps him, then he shoves his friend into her, then he kicks her while she's down.  He instigated the physical altercation.  If anything, she was defending herself.

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

You guys are so soft. If a women comes at me swinging on me and hitting me you damn well I'm going to defend myself.  Bunch of soft people in this world my god

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Good for him, women love to start drama...

then when it comes back their way, they cry victim.

Did you guys watch the video?  He shoves her first.  He started the physical altercation...

4 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Not sure what message it sends. The woman hit him with a lamp. Police were called and he was not arrested due to self defense. Men are ALLOWED to defend themselves

That's what irks me at times. Women are allowed to attack a man at will and suffer no consequences all because they are a woman. Meanwhile all the news says is that women are treated like second class citizens and need equal rights. But things Like this come up and all of a sudden they need to be treated special because they are a woman. 

Change the woman to a man in this video and it wouldn't be such a big deal. That's sexist, and that's not how equal rights work.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

From the police reports, the video is after the whole thing started.

The police reports are inherently going to be "he said vs she said".

The video doesn't lie.  From what we can see, he started the physical altercation.

So shouldn't all these people jumping to his defense saying he was just defending himself be saying the same in her defense since he was the one that shoved her first?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

How could the NFL not procure the tape even though they asked the Cleveland hotel for it like they said they did? Beats me.

Im sure Belichick leaked the tape through his former Cleveland contacts. :)

I am curious about the timing.

Isn't TMZ based in LA?  Probably a few Chargers fans working there...

:thinking:

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The video doesn't lie.  From what we can see, he started the physical altercation.

So shouldn't all these people jumping to his defense saying he was just defending himself be saying the same in her defense since he was the one that shoved her first?

And you can tell that this is NOT when the altercation started. 

Heck it even looks edited. Everything is misleading and without full context a video can show one thing and truth be another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

And you can tell that this is NOT when the altercation started. 

She supposedly started acting crazy in his hotel room, and some have said that she allegedly hit him with a lamp.  I didn't see any evidence of that in the video of him talking to police afterward, but the only evidence I have to go on is the videos.

When you look at the video, he starts the physical altercation, so this self-defense crap goes out the window.

And I'm not trying to excuse her behavior.  She's obviously acting aggressively toward him, but doesn't deserve to be shoved by him.  If she was drunk underage and causing a scene in the hotel, she probably should have spent the night in jail.  Not get shoved to the ground and kicked.

26 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Everything is misleading and without full context a video can show one thing and truth be another.

Yet you were so quick to give this hot take without full context or the whole truth:

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

That's what irks me at times. Women are allowed to attack a man at will and suffer no consequences all because they are a woman. Meanwhile all the news says is that women are treated like second class citizens and need equal rights. But things Like this come up and all of a sudden they need to be treated special because they are a woman. 

Change the woman to a man in this video and it wouldn't be such a big deal. That's sexist, and that's not how equal rights work.

I think that says more about your attitude toward women than your opinion on this particular matter...

jim-halpert-shock-reaction-listening.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

She supposedly started acting crazy in his hotel room, and some have said that she allegedly hit him with a lamp.  I didn't see any evidence of that in the video of him talking to police afterward, but the only evidence I have to go on is the videos.

When you look at the video, he starts the physical altercation, so this self-defense crap goes out the window.

And I'm not trying to excuse her behavior.  She's obviously acting aggressively toward him, but doesn't deserve to be shoved by him.  If she was drunk underage and causing a scene in the hotel, she probably should have spent the night in jail.  Not get shoved to the ground and kicked.

So you trust a 60 sec video over a police investigation because there's no video of him taking to police? Do you don't believe anything unless it's on video? Do fall for a lot of alien videos?

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yet you were so quick to give this hot take without full context or the whole truth:

I think that says more about your attitude toward women than your opinion on this particular matter...

jim-halpert-shock-reaction-listening.gif

I have more context and know more about the situation than you clearly. That hot take was more about societies contradictory and hypocritical take on women than the situation itself.

It says nothing about my opinion on women at all, what can you possibly derive about my take on women in that post other than the clear fact that society puts women in a special category of protection when it suits the situation despite the ongoing fight for these equal rights that women don't have. 

There is no resentment or malice in that statement, just staying pure fact.

My take is if any person attacks another, you have equal right to protecting yourself to the fullest extent that is required to put a stop to the attacks. It is not ok to continue to "defend" yourself after the situation is mitigated. Be it man or woman, it makes no difference when it comes to self defense. A woman attacks a man with a lamp, expect equal force in return because accidents can happen and something serious can come from not defending yourself just because she is a woman.

The fact that you put women in a special protected category means you believe women need to be protected by a man because they can't do it themselves.

If that isn't the epitome of sexism and misogyny, idk what is.

We should focus on protection of the weak, regardless of gender. There is also a big difference between armed and unarmed. What's the video she is unarmed, but prior to that she wasn't the weak one, she's wielding a deadly weapon essentially.

4 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

After re-watching the video it's disgsting how much of an overreaction this is getting with the league and the Chiefs. Was he 100% in the right? No. Should he be suspended a few games? Yes. Anything more? Hell no. 

The initial push which is what really stands out wasn't even aimed at a girl first of all, so let's just say this is a fight. Men fight, people fight. And that kick was barely anything, cmon now. This is just NFL protecting their *. This video looks kind of bad but in context it's pretty light. The woman was harassing him and his GF, they were all in a fight more or less. Why, just because he's a man and football player, can he not defend himself? 

This ^^ 

We don't know what is being said or what happened prior to the video. I'm not condoning this but looks to me she approaches his personal space and he chooses to push her away, which can be VERY instinctual. We don't know what they are saying to each other. The kick as the end seems to be no more then a push with the foot. 

If he  WASN'T arrested then   obviously she didn't have marks on her or the cops felt she played a role it the disturbance. 

If she was intoxicated she should have been charged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

She approaches him, we don't know if anything is being said or threats being made. The second bolded you contradict yourself.  If somebody comes at me aggressively being male or female or animal. I have a right to defend my personal space.  Instead of pushing her he could have not touched her and stuck a gun in her face. 

But all said and done. We are all after EQUALITY and Equal rights and with that being said I'll let the NFL handle it. I wouldn't be mad at Ballard for bringing this guy in and thats immediately what i was thinking after I heard about the story and seen the video. Will he only time will tell.  Its not my place to JUDGE anybody. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, strt182 said:

This ^^ 

We don't know what is being said or what happened prior to the video. I'm not condoning this but looks to me she approaches his personal space and he chooses to push her away, which can be VERY instinctual. We don't know what they are saying to each other. The kick as the end seems to be no more then a push with the foot. 

If he  WASN'T arrested then   obviously she didn't have marks on her or the cops felt she played a role it the disturbance. 

If she was intoxicated she should have been charged. 

She probably sustained a head injury. The man that got knocked into her was clearly woozy so they probably bumped heads. Furthermore it seems she hit her head on the wall as she fell. They were most likely both intoxicated.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

So you trust a 60 sec video over a police investigation because there's no video of him taking to police? Do you don't believe anything unless it's on video? Do fall for a lot of alien videos?

Police report?  Those cops could have let it slide just because of who Hunt is?  You are so quick yourself to have an assuming attitude.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ok let me ask you a question. If a guy approaches a female screaming and yelling and that female sprays the guy in the face with mace, the cops show up and arrest the female for assault because the guy never touched her would that be wrong? 

This is hypothetically speaking.  Because this could be considered the same thing in my opinion. We have to look at things with all scenarios. All the video shows is what happened in the hallway and again we don't have andy sound either.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

She probably sustained a head injury. The man that got knocked into her was clearly woozy so they probably bumped heads. Furthermore it seems she hit her head on the wall as she fell. They were most likely both intoxicated.

I will tell exactly why what he did was wrong.

Instead of calling hotel security and let them handle her and any other problems outside of his room, he didn't. He took the law in his own hands.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jskinnz said:

What a load of absolute bovine excrement.

Does Hunt seem in imminent danger to you? 

Unless a woman has a weapon in some sort of life threatening situation, it is NEVER OK to strike a woman.

So you believe women need special protections given to them by men?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I will tell exactly why what he did was wrong.

Instead of calling hotel security and let them handle her and any other problems outside of his room, he didn't. He took the law in his own hands.

This is also were lack of judgement due to intoxication probably comes into play. You have to remember you are a role model but we are all human and make mistakes especially in the heat of the moment. 

6 hours ago, jskinnz said:

What a load of absolute bovine excrement.

Does Hunt seem in imminent danger to you? 

Unless a woman has a weapon in some sort of life threatening situation, it is NEVER OK to strike a woman.

In TODAYS world its not my place to ASSUME ANYBODYS GENDER, that being said I treat every person as a HUMAN. Think about that it might save your life one day. 

Define a weapon? How many women do you know that wear RINGS. I know several who were them JUST FOR THAT REASON.  ANYTHING CAN BE A WEAPON.  

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Police report?  Those cops could have let it slide just because of who Hunt is?  You are so quick yourself to have an assuming attitude.

I doubt the cops in another state are going to be lenient on an assault on an unarmed woman unless the investigation proves she was at fault. If they wanted to keep it quite they wouldn't have written a police report at all. 

Instead of working in the shadows of conspiracy theory, let's work with the known. What if she was an assassin sent by cleveland?!

There is no assuming. A man can defend himself against a woman as equally as against a man. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, strt182 said:

This is also were lack of judgement due to intoxication probably comes into play. You have to remember you are a role model but we are all human and make mistakes especially in the heat of the moment. 

It wasn't that long ago Hunt was at the rookie symposium. He was made aware of the pit falls of a NFL player. It's no ones fault but his own he didn't learn and heed the advice given to him.

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

She was not wielding a weapon in the video. She was outside his room. He came out after her.

I was talking about what happened prior to that. As I stated before, once the situation is mitigated, the self defense line gets blurry. He might have been running his mouth, but she was still being aggressive.

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's the first I've heard about a lamp...  Did you watch the video?

He shoves her FIRST, then she slaps him, then he shoves his friend into her, then he kicks her while she's down.  He instigated the physical altercation.  If anything, she was defending herself.

I can't believe so many people are rushing to defend this girl (and even spinning the narrative in her favor) ... I must be watching a different video.

From what I see

... she is being told to leave (she escalates the situation by not leaving)

.... Hunt isn't aggressive in the beginning ... She steps toward him and says something (She escalates the situation again..want to make a short list of what she probably said?) 

... then he shoves her (this was a stupid and an escalation by him but not that big of deal in the scheme of things) ... she chooses to escalate it even further by hitting/scratching him after he shoves her...

... His friends drag him off, so what does she do instead of leaving; she goes right back up there and and escalates it further...

... Hunt's friend is blocking her from going after Hunt (she actually shoves the friend here who is only blocking her path)

... Hunt is  is actually facing away from her when he pulls away from his friends and bumps into his friend which knocks both of them into the wall....

... Then Hunt kicks her in the thigh/leg (which was not even that hard) which in combination of being dizzy/drunk knocks her down (again stupid on Hunt's part, but not much to it IMO...I've seen little kids kick harder) ....

Hunt was stupid and should have known better ... but IMO it looks like the girl caused this and did most of the escalating of the situation. Hunt is going to suffer for the NFL to save face with the overly PC media and PC public lynch mob.

This should be a 4-6 game suspension at worse. I would love if the Colts were able to pick him up when he became available (they won't, but it wouldn't bother me in the least if they did).

• Like 1