Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kareem Hunt pushes and kicks a woman on video

Valpo2004

As a trained investigator, I'd like to see the SIR to see what details there were. If the witnesses statements back his self defense claim, and she struck first, well legally, he is entitled to defend himself. Now where that line gets blurred is where to stop. If I were the investigator in charge, the self defense claim ends when he's held back down a hall way.  He then comes out again, shoves her to the ground comes back and kicks her. 

Now it can can be argued that she came back towards him and thus, the self defense was still warranted but I wouldn't buy it based on this video here. 

I would actually have charged both with assault and let the presecutor figure out the rest. 

Side note: highly surprised the Chiefs released him. If I'm Ballard, I'm dropping a waiver claim on him. He's gonna go into the exemption list until this is all sorted out. But he's clearly talented and worth the risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From what I can piece together, they invited these girls from the club up to their room, found out they were only 19 when they got up there, kicked them out, the one girl yells and beats on their door for 30 mins. Hunt's friend asks them to leave and gives them $20 to get him, they don't leave, so Hunt's girlfriend Nikki goes out to ask them to leave, drunk girl gets physical with Nikki, everyone comes out and we have the footage from there. It seems like Hunt was not happy this girl was messing with his girlfriend, got in her face and pushed her. Her getting knocked over didn't seem intentional since he blindly knocked into his friend.

It doesn't look great, but I would say it's far from terrible and IMO doesn't constitute "beating a woman". The worst part is the kick at the end. It wasn't a hard kick intended to physically hurt her, just more of a disrespectful move that was completely unnecessary. I'm shocked they cut him, but if he lied to the Chiefs about it, that could be their big issue.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Side note: highly surprised the Chiefs released him. If I'm Ballard, I'm dropping a waiver claim on him. He's gonna go into the exemption list until this is all sorted out. But he's clearly talented and worth the risk. 

I could see him not wanting to, especially after seeing the PR backlash from the Foster claim. There's a video on this one and we all know that makes it even worse. I loved him as a RB coming out of the draft, but I'd have to know the full scope of the incident before I'd fee comfortable claiming him.

• Like 2

As a trained investigator, I'd like to see the SIR to see what details there were. If the witnesses statements back his self defense claim, and she struck first, well legally, he is entitled to defend himself. Now where that line gets blurred is where to stop. If I were the investigator in charge, the self defense claim ends when he's held back down a hall way.  He then comes out again, shoves her to the ground comes back and kicks her. 

Now it can can be argued that she came back towards him and thus, the self defense was still warranted but I wouldn't buy it based on this video here. 

I would actually have charged both with assault and let the presecutor figure out the rest. 

There is not a snowball's chance in hell the Colts sign him.  

And he is not close to being worth the risk.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Dear God what? It's the law. We have just as much right to defend ourselves as any women does

What a load of absolute bovine excrement.

Does Hunt seem in imminent danger to you? 

Unless a woman has a weapon in some sort of life threatening situation, it is NEVER OK to strike a woman.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What a load of absolute bovine excrement.

Does Hunt seem in imminent danger to you? 

Unless a woman has a weapon in some sort of life threatening situation, it is NEVER OK to strike a woman.

In my 14 years of doing investigations on such things, that's a myth. I've seen the tiniest females you can imagine whoop butt on guys twice their size. 

Besides, the number 1 weapon used in murders in this country... the hands/fists. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jared Jammer said:

I know women like the woman in that video. I'll only say this: I hope Mr. Hunt gets a chance to resume his NFL career, and I'd be thrilled if he brought his talents to Indy.

Yup,  I would love to have him on our team.  No more bell talk.  Got hunt on his rookie deal still. We would be blessed to get him on our team.  

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

You guys are so soft. If a women comes at me swinging on me and hitting me you damn well I'm going to defend myself.  Bunch of soft people in this world my god

So the soft ones are the ones who think striking a woman is OK.  And the tough guys are the ones who do?

Gotcha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In my 14 years of doing investigations on such things, that's a myth. I've seen the tiniest females you can imagine whoop butt on guys twice their size. 

Besides, the number 1 weapon used in murders in this country... the hands/fists. 

I do call nonsense on all that.

• Like 1

Just now, jskinnz said:

So the soft ones are the ones who think striking a woman is OK.  And the tough guys are the ones who do?

Gotcha.

Soft people: never hit a women idc what the situation is you don't lay your hands on them. 

If a female is hitting you, you should defend yourself.  If you don't than cool you don't but if you do defend yourself then good for you! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I do call nonsense on all that.

You'd be dead wrong my friend.

one of the first cases I ever worked, a lady grabbed her boyfriend by the hair and slammed his head repeatedly into the door frame, dude was in a coma for weeks. She went to jail. You wanna know what the dumb thing about it was? Shed opened a love letter from another woman, however it wasn't addressed to her boyfriend, it was addressed to their neighbor, mailman had miss delivered it.

you can believe what you want. But facts and data prove you wrong.

Now im not condoning what Hunt did, I'm just saying that IF she struck first, in most states, she was the aggressor and any physical response is self defense up to the point the threat is reduced or stopped. The law is gender neutral on the matter. 

6 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The level of stupidity here is just amazing.

What? Did you look in the mirror? :lol:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The level of stupidity here is just amazing.

Would rather hold a completely un-PC belief and spit it out, than pretend to hold a mainstream opinion on the matter.

Let me guess, you're probably the first to defend Kaepernick's unpopular actions, basically doing the same thing I'm doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Would rather hold a completely un-PC belief and spit it out, than pretend to hold a mainstream opinion on the matter.

Let me guess, you're probably the first to defend Kaepernick's unpopular actions, basically doing the same thing I'm doing.

The alt-left as always.

Kaepernick has exactly zero to do with this. Your attempt at insult is insulting in itself.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

You'd be dead wrong my friend.

one of the first cases I ever worked, a lady grabbed her boyfriend by the hair and slammed his head repeatedly into the door frame, dude was in a coma for weeks. She went to jail. You wanna know what the dumb thing about it was? Shed opened a love letter from another woman, however it wasn't addressed to her boyfriend, it was addressed to their neighbor, mailman had mud delivered it.

you can believe what you want. But facts and data prove you wrong.

Now im not condoning what Hunt did, I'm just saying that IF she struck first, in most states, she was the aggressor and any physical response is self defense up to the point the threat is reduced or stopped. The law is gender neutral on the matter. 

What? Did you look in the mirror? :lol:

You claimed that hands / fists is the # 1 murder weapon and that is categorically false.  A simple google search will tell that it is guns by a wide margin.

You cite data and facts prove me wrong- yet you detail one story that is not a comparable situation to the Hunt case.  In the Hunt video, was he ever in danger?  Clearly not.   The law may be gender neutral and there are circumstances in which self defense can be claimed.  It ain't in the Hunt video.

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You claimed that hands / fists is the # 1 murder weapon and that is categorically false.  A simple google search will tell that it is guns by a wide margin.

You cite data and facts prove me wrong- yet you detail one story that is not a comparable situation to the Hunt case.  In the Hunt video, was he ever in danger?  Clearly not.   The law may be gender neutral and there are circumstances in which self defense can be claimed.  It ain't in the Hunt video.

How does a gun fire? By pulling the trigger with a finger right? What's the finger attached too... a hand...

as for hunt, read what I said in my first post.  I would have arrested and charged both with assault. As I said above, his self defense excuse MAY have been valid if she struck first however, once she was away, and him separated, he came back and kicked her while she was on the ground, that becomes the moment of assault there...

27 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Good for him, women love to start drama...

then when it comes back their way, they cry victim.

14 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Oh for the love of all that is Holy.

Yep - you and Kaepernick are doing the same thing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

She hit him with a lamp lmao that's being put in danger..  Could have hit him in the face,  in the eye whatever.  So yes he was in danger

How does a gun fire? By pulling the trigger with a finger right? What's the finger attached too... a hand...

as for hunt, read what I said in my first post.  I would have arrested and charged both with assault. As I said above, his self defense excuse MAY have been valid if she struck first however, once she was away, and him separated, he came back and kicked her while she was on the ground, that becomes the moment of assault there...

Oh my.

So if someone poisons another, you would claim it was done by hands / fists because they used fingers to put the arsenic in their beer?

That is a logic fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know Hunt is now on the exempt list and can’t be claimed....   but for what it’s worth, in most teams this kind of situation is NOT made at the GM-level.

It’s typically made at the OWNER-level.   And I have to believe Irsay would say no.

I’d also expect Hunt will be claimed by some team some time next season.   Perhaps not during the off-season,  but once a likely 6-game suspension is served...  

I don’t think his career is over.

After re-watching the video it's disgsting how much of an overreaction this is getting with the league and the Chiefs. Was he 100% in the right? No. Should he be suspended a few games? Yes. Anything more? Hell no. 

The initial push which is what really stands out wasn't even aimed at a girl first of all, so let's just say this is a fight. Men fight, people fight. And that kick was barely anything, cmon now. This is just NFL protecting their *. This video looks kind of bad but in context it's pretty light. The woman was harassing him and his GF, they were all in a fight more or less. Why, just because he's a man and football player, can he not defend himself? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Imagine if the Redskins win the Superbowl in two years with a team full of players who they claimed off waivers from violent assault charges. The rest of the league will feel cheated. 

Thankfully we won't have to worry about this because it's the Redskins but imagine if a team like the Patriots did this.... I think Goodell would fine them because there would be so much butthurt outrage. 

5 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

After re-watching the video it's disgsting how much of an overreaction this is getting with the league and the Chiefs. Was he 100% in the right? No. Should he be suspended a few games? Yes. Anything more? Hell no. 

The initial push which is what really stands out wasn't even aimed at a girl first of all, so let's just say this is a fight. Men fight, people fight. And that kick was barely anything, cmon now. This is just NFL protecting their *. This video looks kind of bad but in context it's pretty light. The woman was harassing him and his GF, they were all in a fight more or less. Why, just because he's a man and football player, can he not defend himself? 

I agree. Considering this is a league where casual fans cheer for tackles that are an equivalent of being in a car crash, I think its cheap the same fans are outraged over a push and an off-balanced kick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They cant beat the NFC so it's ok lol

They aren’t the juggernaut they once were but let’s be honest...in a one game scenario I bet they can beat the Rams...I think the Saints would beat them. The NFC isn’t that much better. Besides let’s see how teams look at the end of the year...Kupp is already out...KC losing Hunt...Pitts lost Bell...more injuries will happen. If NE is healthy and has HFA...they will be in the SB.

2 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Put in the waiver claim

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Sign him!! 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

If I'm Ballard, I'm dropping a waiver claim on him.

1 hour ago, Jared Jammer said:

I hope Mr. Hunt gets a chance to resume his NFL career, and I'd be thrilled if he brought his talents to Indy.

NimbleWellinformedFlyinglemur-size_restr

• Haha 1