Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kareem Hunt pushes and kicks a woman on video

Valpo2004

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

1.  I don't think anyone is defending Hunt, they're just saying the girl was wrong.

2.  I don't think anyone is defending the girl, they're just saying Hunt was wrong.

Can we all agree on this?  The whole man vs woman thing is a separate side-argument we don't really need to be having.

Both were wrong.  That doesn't mean two wrongs made a right, even though neither was arrested.  Everyone loses when you're under the influence and arguing with each other at 3am.

I think the issue most defending Hunt have is not that they don't think he was stupid and did things wrong and even deserves a suspension ... it that many are over reacting and making him out to be some horrible woman beater. And those are the people the NFL is going to be trying to appease when Hunt gets overly punished. It was a stupid drunken altercation that I would be hard pressed to even call a full fledged fight.

If you take the part where the friend and the girl accidentally gets knocked into the wall out, and without adding whatever might have happened in the room.

You are left with:

She comes at Hunt, Hunt shoves her, the girl smacks him, and kicks her weakly on the thigh/behind (more insult than injury)...Just not as big of deal as many are making out of it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, esmort said:

I think the issue most defending Hunt have is not that they don't think he was stupid and did things wrong and even deserves a suspension ... it that many are over reacting and making him out to be some horrible woman beater. And those are the people the NFL is going to be trying to appease when Hunt gets overly punished. It was a stupid drunken altercation that I would be hard pressed to even call a full fledged fight.

If you take the part where the friend and the girl accidentally gets knocked into the wall out, and without adding whatever might have happened in the room.

You are left with:

She comes at Hunt, Hunt shoves her, the girl smacks him, and kicks her weakly on the thigh/behind (more insult than injury)...Just not as big of deal as many are making out of it.

I personally do not think Hunt is a bad guy, he made a mistake. The Mixon and Rice video's looked much worse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We keep  talking about incident over and over.  The real question we need to ask is this an isolated incident or is this a  pattern of behavior? With counselling can Hunt change? I believe in the NFL policy regarding suspensions.  However, do we simply wash our hands of him and  place a life sentence on him.   People can change with the right kind of intervention.  I have worked with a lot of people with issues ranging from addictions to domestic violence. They come from horrific back grounds.  Generational abuse and addictions.  I worked with families and it is amazing how much a person can change if they r committed. I won't condemn Hunt or place a life sentence because I have made mistakes through out my life.  I allowed myself to grow and actually went thru counselling.  It is amazing the effect counselling can have have on ones life. APIE. ASSESS the situation.  Put a PLAN in place for example counselling. IMPLEMENT with services and then EVALUATE  to c if those services r working.  

:scoregood: Excellent post. I agree. 

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why not just get her out of the room and call Hotel Security, that is common sense to me. If he had done that he would still be with the Chiefs and look like a hell of a guy about now. 

Exactly. You're thinking self defense. The others' mindset is "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well when the law sees that he doesn't need to be charged I don't see how average Joe colts fans can demand he "broke the law". Are you guys all cops judges and investigators??

Even average Joes have eyes. Look, the video does not lie unlike Hunt evidently.

You honestly think the Chiefs would have cut him had he just told the truth?  There will be another team sign him when his punishment is over but they will have to deal with the media. He is a very talented young player and he will either learn from this or not. It's up to him. If it's an anger problem or a drinking problem he must deal with it.

14 minutes ago, esmort said:

You are left with:

I agree 100% with you. People are acting like he just drew blood and knocked someone out cold.  Sure, what he did was a mistake, but we shouldn't act like his days in the NFL are over. Like 2006Coltsbestever said, he could have handled it better than he did. But the Chiefs cutting ties with their Pro-bowl running back who is top 5 in the league is absurd, and they might have to pay the price in January.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You know, considering the whole Ray Rice case, you would think when the league found out about this months ago, their first question would have been: "Is there video of the incident?  There is?  Crap, we need to get out in front of this before we have another Rice situation."

The police withheld the video.....and the Chiefs believed what Hunt told them.

That's why they cut him..Not only what he did but he lied to them about it.

I dont think think he;s going to be allowed back at all

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont think think he;s going to be allowed back at all

Why? That would be unfortunate. That was his first offense. He deserves a second chance. Also, I don't believe this was domestic violence. Did he know this woman before that day? According to @Shive his girlfriend was with them during the incident.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

I agree 100% with you. People are acting like he just drew blood and knocked someone out cold.  Sure, what he did was a mistake, but we shouldn't act like his days in the NFL are over. Like 2006Coltsbestever said, he could have handled it better than he did. But the Chiefs cutting ties with their Pro-bowl running back who is top 5 in the league is absurd, and they might have to pay the price in January.

Where did I say his career was over?  I think 99% know he will be back in the league when his punishment is over.

He will not be playing in January because he will get the mandatory 6 game suspension.

What happens after that is anyone's guess.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why? That would be unfortunate. That was his first offense. He deserves a second chance. Also, I don't believe this was domestic violence. Did he know this woman before that day?

I don't know that. But the video is damning..

Imagine the scenario....Any team that signs him will face an immediate (and understandable) backlash from domestic violence advocates...  it wont go away

The video is why Ray Rice was never allowed back

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yet TMZ got their hands on it before the NFL could.

This is a crazy world we're living in right now.

Someone at the Hotel or the Police made themselves a copy.  Chiefs good this year and getting a lot of media; video is now probably at its highest value. Wonder if they gave Hunt a chance to buy it before going to TMZ.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Imagine the scenario....Any team that signs him will face an immediate (and understandable) backlash from domestic violence advocates...  it wont go away

Mixon's video was worse IMO and he still got drafted. Rice was allowed back but no one signed him. He was getting up in years and the year before the suspension was not a great year, stats-wise, for him. Hunt's career is just beginning. He will definitely be picked up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This isn't even as close to as bad as the Ray Rice video. I think he will get a suspension, and some lucky team will pick him up.

• Like 3

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mixon's video was worse IMO and he still got drafted. Rice was allowed back but no one signed him. He was getting up in years and the year before the suspension was not a great year, stats-wise. Hunt's career is just beginning. 

Maybe I misspoke.

Rice was never allowed back by the owners who refused to sign him. You are right. he was 29

But times have changes....and with that video out there forever? Nobody's going to sign him.

The arguement that he 'just made a mistake'....if used by the owner of a team?

That's just going to make matters worse..

Teams wont want the baggage he brings..

..and there may be more to this..KC cut him before the sun went down

3 minutes ago, esmort said:

This isn't even as close to as bad as the Ray Rice video. I think he will get a suspension, and some lucky team will pick him up.

Times have changed since Ray Rice's day, ES

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe I misspoke.

Rice was never allowed back by the owners who refused to sign him. You are right. he was 29

But times have changes....and with that video out there forever? Nobody's going to sign him.

I would bet everything I own that he will be back. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would take that bet

Mixon video was worse and recent.  Reuben Foster wasn't on video, but was doing much worse and he was claimed. Hunt will play again unless something way worse that we don't know about yet comes out.

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe I misspoke.

Stop ignoring that Joe Mixon is a starting RB in the league Hunt WILL play again 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

After re-watching the video it's disgsting how much of an overreaction this is getting with the league and the Chiefs. Was he 100% in the right? No. Should he be suspended a few games? Yes. Anything more? Hell no. 

The initial push which is what really stands out wasn't even aimed at a girl first of all, so let's just say this is a fight. Men fight, people fight. And that kick was barely anything, cmon now. This is just NFL protecting their *. This video looks kind of bad but in context it's pretty light. The woman was harassing him and his GF, they were all in a fight more or less. Why, just because he's a man and football player, can he not defend himself? 

And add to that, everyone looks to be falling down, stumbling drunk.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's right. You have done your best to derail the thread by being argumentative with the original thread.

Having a healthy debate is hardly argumentative. You clearly haven't followed the thread. I didn't reply until page 3, the remarks were already rolling by then. Thanks for playing though.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe I misspoke.

I disagree. IMO there will be a team or maybe more than a couple of teams who will be willing to sign him. Yes there will be backlash but it would go away if that team started winning.

Winning cures all ills in the NFL especially with Hunt only being 23 and the talent he does have.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Having a healthy debate is hardly argumentative. You clearly haven't followed the thread. I didn't reply until page 3, the remarks were already rolling by then. Thanks for playing though.

An argumentative debate is not healthy.

Making excuses for Hunt  is curbing the problems he has.

58 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What do you think is a debate but expressing and discussing differing opinions. I guess you can say this is technically an argument because it is not formal like a debate. Regardless the formal setting its the only difference and debates use arguments, which are merely reasoned positions on a subject. The reasons have been clearly laid out and are not just matter of wild speculation or do not adhere to anything illogical.

You can call it argumentative to say it sounds bad all you want, but I will not subscribe to the line of thinking that a person most go along with the masses or popular opinions just to avoid an argument. Without arguments on positions and differing opinions and interpretations of situations, then you live in a tyranny. Sorry but that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't like the timing of this. It happened in February. And the video comes out now, 10 months later, forcing KC to release Hunt now AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE! Too late for them to trade for a quality rb to replace him with.

Does anything happen where the Pats Don't Benifit?

This

I guess the Colts now gotta take advantage and take over the AFC ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

To me the incident is over.  He did what he did.  Is he capable of change or is he Not? That is  the question that should be asked.  He hit a woman.  I get it.  It's wrong and I have faith in people that they can change. I personally would take a chance if  I was satisfied it was an isolated incident.  I would have to believe he was remorseful and capable of staying  on the straight and narrow.  U sign him and he sits the year.  Make him go thru counselling.  Then he plays next year if he has completed what the team has asked of him. Simple  and its not rocket science. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't like the timing of this. It happened in February. And the video comes out now, 10 months later, forcing KC to release Hunt now AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE! Too late for them to trade for a quality rb to replace him with.

Does anything happen where the Pats Don't Benifit?

The chiefs knew in February this was a possibility.    They are lucky they have spencer ware

11 hours ago, BOTT said:

I'm guessing the chiefs are being dishonest as well. They released him because it's on tape.

Maybe, but the NFL says they tried but never got a copy of the tape.  And the Chiefs say what Hunt told them is not what was on the tape.

Police say they never looked at it-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2018/12/01/kareem-hunt-police-spokesperson-says-no-one-department-saw-video/2177472002/

Detectives only follow up on felony charges, not misdemeanors.  The girl would have had to petition the Prosecutor to press charges according to the article.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And the Chiefs say what Hunt told them is not what was on the tape.

Quote:

Hunt continued to lie to the Chiefs

While the Chiefs quit looking for the video, due to the NFL’s instruction, they apparently didn’t take their eyes off of Hunt. They reportedly asked him multiple times since February to be totally truthful about the incident.

“I never left the room,” Hunt told the Chiefs each time, per The Athletic. “I didn’t do a thing.”

Link to article:

NFL reportedly told Chiefs to 'stop pursuing' Kareem Hunt video

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Some lucky team will sign him.

I'm curious how this will work.  Will the team that signs him have him for the remainder of his rookie contract?

Since the Chiefs released him, will his new team sign him to a new contract?

It would be ironic if he started making more money next year than he would have if he had stayed a Chief...  :scratch: