Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard will find us that RB

throwing BBZ

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We will add one more RB that fits us.
I enjoyed this read.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/5/18/15659672/how-the-49ers-wooed-matt-breida-john-lynch

Well, I sure hope it's not a UDFA. Late round picks and udfa rb's haven't worked out too well for us lately. It's a important position and warrants adequate resources to secure a good one to go along with Mack.

• Like 3

I think he will and should kick the tires on Bell.  Colts have so much money to spend in FA it's a crime.  BUT, I'd say if he isn't on board with the total team concept, don't do it.  It only takes one cancer to disrupt your locker room.  So the question is, is LeVeon really a bad guy or does he just want out of Pitt?  If not LeVeon there will be other guys out there MUCH cheaper that can help the Colts.  Remember, that defense needs a LOT of help.  And we still could use another top-level WR and more OL depth.

• Like 1

I'm concerned about another teams superstar running back. When those guys go to different teams they seldom pan out. Is Bell really a super back or was he in a super system? Conner sure seems to be putting up the same type of numbers Bell did. If need be I'd rather find one in round 2 or 3 or even trade for an established one like McCoy..

Bell is intrigued by Indianapolis, and playing with Luck, if his twitter hints are to be believed.... there will definitely be a lot of noise about Bell to Indy, just with the cap space we have, lack of media awareness with our current backs, Bell's big name media notoriety, his Twitter hints, etc.... and truthfully, in Reich's system, he'd probably absolutely kill it next year.... but I dunno.  I like our RB's, but I think Bell is better..... i think it's 50/50 if there is real interest, but if there IS real interest, outside of a crazy bidding war, I think Ballard gets him if he wants him.

• Like 2

Bell wants the most money he can get....that won’t be us. We may make him an offer but i can promise the Jets and some others offer more. He didn’t sit out and pass up 14 million to take a discount...and we don’t have any indication Ballard is the guy to pay crazy guaranteed money to land him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 12:25 AM, Trueman said:

another thread turns into a Bell lust fest. 

lol. How many are there on this site?

One after another that just don't get it. Zero chance Ballard pays Bell unless it is a Big bargain.
Ballard can find a rookie later in the draft to compliment our attack.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 12:25 AM, Trueman said:

another thread turns into a Bell lust fest. 

lol. How many are there on this site?

I mean, this is a thread titled "Ballard will get us that Running Back"  and Bell is the top free agent (most likely) Running Back available...... AND he has made numerous hints at wanting to be a Colt..... you are surprised, and better yet, weary, that this thread has some focus on him?  

Been on the internet much?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I mean, this is a thread titled "Ballard will get us that Running Back"  and Bell is the top free agent (most likely) Running Back available...... AND he has made numerous hints at wanting to be a Colt..... you are surprised, and better yet, weary, that this thread has some focus on him?  

Been on the internet much?

The thread is actually titled Ballard will find us that RB. That to me doesn't sound like the OP had Bell in mind. Have you been reading long? 

On 11/30/2018 at 5:53 PM, akcolt said:

The thread is actually titled Ballard will find us that RB. That to me doesn't sound like the OP had Bell in mind. Have you been reading long? 

Guess I misunderstood RB as an abbreviation in the football vernacular.  Also, since I can't comprehend words very well, Mr. Le'Veon bell is one of those soon to be likely available RB's, is he not?  Thus qualifying as a non-zero possibility for Ballard's pool to choose from, if he so sees fit?

On 11/30/2018 at 6:41 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Mack is not Bell or Elliott or Gurley or Barkley he's not on the same level as those guys.

We don't need a Bell or Elliot or Gurley or Barkley. Most of those players have bad QBs like Prescott, Manning, and Jared goff is just doing very good because that team is very good( but he is pretty solid). We won a superbowl with joseph addai and a few guys no one can name outside of a colts fan. We don't need a stud RB, just a guy that is a solid player who we can count on to get about 10-15 carries. Going for a RB of that caliber is unnecessary and a waste of Money. 

RB right now is a fine position and we need to focus on targets for Luck to throw and focus on our passing game.

55 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

We don't need a Bell or Elliot or Gurley or Barkley. Most of those players have bad QBs like Prescott, Manning, and Jared goff is just doing very good because that team is very good( but he is pretty solid). We won a superbowl with joseph addai and a few guys no one can name outside of a colts fan. We don't need a stud RB, just a guy that is a solid player who we can count on to get about 10-15 carries. Going for a RB of that caliber is unnecessary and a waste of Money. 

RB right now is a fine position and we need to focus on targets for Luck to throw and focus on our passing game.

I guess I could agree with the RB part but I definitely agree with more targets for Luck we need reciever's and fast the guys they have outside of Hilton are not getting the job done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

For what it is worth, Addai was a first round pick. I do not see Ballard spending a first round pick on an RB in all likelihood. However, if there are positions that need upgrades, then Ballard needs to address those.

RB and WR are definitely positions that need upgrades. I hope we gain enough picks on Day 2 to get 1 of each. 

• Like 1