Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines play

compuls1v3

Hines is a solid receiving target but he isn't making anyone miss. He doesn't have that explosive play making ability we all were hoping for.

That said, he's playing a lot better than Jordan "I trip over my cut and fall (every time)" Wilkins. But this team is sorely lacking even an average between the tackles NFL RB.

• Like 1

Hines is a strange one.  He's making plays and that's the main thing, but I don't sense that breakaway, shifty, big play threat that I keep hearing about.  He seems more like a good hard running guy with good hands, but not really that explosive. 

They should also give Wilkins more playing time. 

3 hours ago, cbear said:

Hines is a strange one.  He's making plays and that's the main thing, but I don't sense that breakaway, shifty, big play threat that I keep hearing about.  He seems more like a good hard running guy with good hands, but not really that explosive. 

They should also give Wilkins more playing time. 

When did Hines ever have enough space to show off his speed? He looks pretty darn fast coming out of the backfield running those short routes but literally hasn't had the chance to run in space. I can't wait to see him break one where he's literally in front of the defenders so we can see what kind of speed this kid has.

3 hours ago, threeflight said:

What is odd is according to people at the combine he had the fastest 40 of all the rbs.

Makes no sense to me at all.  He seems.....slow to me.  Not at all explosive.

Very odd.

what I see also.  Can't seem to break a tackle.

But he is a gutsy player and is v effective in the passing game 

He is making the most of his opportunity right now.  Need to see Wilkins a bit more and I know Turbin will fit into his short yardage role.  Once Mack is back (hopefully), we'll have 4 guys in the backfield that offer 4 different skill sets that Reich and use to attack defenses.