Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here's a rookie power rankings. SPOILER: We have a Colt on there!

Yoshinator

41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I thought I'd share something that might be obvious among us, but it's nice that he's getting some recognition and we hit on a big draft pick. This is something we can all be excited about. http://thecomeback.com/nfl/week-4-nfl-rookie-power-rankings-darius-leonard-is-on-fire.html

I won't spoil where he's ranked among rookies. Use your imagination though! :thmup:

this is really stupid of me but i enjoy reading those redraft articles (where a player should have been drafted now that we've seen him perform) a year later or 5 years later etc.  i wonder where they will have him drafted.  Top 10?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

this is really stupid of me but i enjoy reading those redraft articles (where a player should have been drafted now that we've seen him perform) a year later or 5 years later etc.  i wonder where they will have him drafted.  Top 10?  

Oh I love reading those. I always read those, and the draft grades after the season is over for every team as well. I love keeping track of each draft class. Stuff like this keeps me going when the team struggles. Leonard will probably be top 5 if he keeps somewhat of a similar pace up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Any "Rookie Power Rankings" list that does not include Quentin Nelson cannot be taken seriously.

It's a top ten ranking through 3 weeks with some honorable mentions, not sure what you expect with Nelson. He's been solid, but he hasn't been completely dominant. He was a safe no6 overall pick, and he has been just that. There's a group of rookies better than him right now.

3 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

The ‘12 draft redo says we should have taken Wilson over luck. I think not!

Wilson is a good guy to have if you are going to put a craptastic offensive line in front of him.  Since it took us forever to get around to putting a decent line together I could see why they said that.  

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a top ten ranking through 3 weeks with some honorable mentions, not sure what you expect with Nelson. He's been solid, but he hasn't been completely dominant. He was a safe no6 overall pick, and he has been just that. There's a group of rookies better than him right now.

You notice that Luck is no longer getting consistent pressure up the middle. Nelson is the one most responsible for Luck not getting killed anymore

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Any "Rookie Power Rankings" list that does not include Quentin Nelson cannot be taken seriously.

He's not on PFF's either (not that it means anything). I think these types of list focus on the positions actually have production to show.

I also think the perception so far is that Will Hernandez has been the best OL rookie. And he only got an honorable mention here...despite being high up on PFF's list. 

Now any list that doesn't have Denzel Ward in the top 10 can't be taken seriously.  That's just silly. He's a averaging a forced turnover per game so far.

5 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

He may have a career ending injury next game. I would pump the brakes for now..

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. It's shaping up to be a loaded draft class in some areas. And it's going to be hard for any OL player to show up those guys.

On that note, I am not a big fan of PFF's grading...but they have Nelson ranked as the #35 G so far. Just at a glance...that's behind fellow rookies Will Hernandez and Connor Williams. They aren't very kind to the Colts OL overall...which is fair (given the T situation and the lack of run offense).

17 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I also think the perception so far is that Will Hernandez has been the best OL rookie.

I wanted so bad for Hernandez to drop to the Colts, and he almost did.

The Giants took him at #34. The Colts took Leonard and Smith at #36 and #37.

Hernandez is a 1st round talent that would have been a steel at pick #37.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear Smith may have been a reach....we'll see.....

3 hours ago, egg said:

I wanted so bad for Hernandez to drop to the Colts, and he almost did.

The Giants took him at #34. The Colts took Leonard and Smith at #36 and #37.

Hernandez is a 1st round talent that would have been a steel at pick #37.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear Smith may have been a reach....we'll see.....

Me too. I was devastated he was taken right before us. Stupid Giants 

I think it's hard for a guard to shine.  It just is because of where they play.  But I will say if there is a better pulling guard in this league right now, please show me.  Guy is an absolute cloud of thunder when pulling.  And that right there is a great start.  The rest he can build on.  And I'm glad we have him.

Leonard?  That's a no-brainer right now obviously.