Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck snowboarding accident (it happened)

Steamboat_Shaun

15 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I mean, he played the entire 2016 season after this happened, so he didn’t miss any playing time as a result of the accident. But yeah, way too risky.

He may have not missed any time during 2016 but he wasn't 100% healthy

and missed all of 2017 because of it.

Luck is a kid at heart but a person has to see the the possibility of any injury

while snowboarding. With millions on the line, my love for risky free time

activities would cease until post career.

If you read closely, it backs into the idea that Luck confirms that he tore the Labrum during the 2015 TN game.  I knew that was always the rumor, but I never heard it confirmed from anyone.

So that's the question for me, did he or anybody, know he was throwing with a torn Labrum the rest of the 2015 and the 2016 seasons?  He tried to rehab things himself and tried to play through it for almost two seasons? 

Was he trying to earn a new contract by downplaying the injury(s)? 

• Like 1

I had a strong feeling that was true (pat's self on back) and said so, knowing that it was just a rumor, but that one had a ring of truth, given what Luck is into and the extended time frame.

Too bad for him and us. Hopefully today we put the past where it belongs. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If you read closely, it backs into the idea that Luck confirms that he tore the Labrum during the 2015 TN game.  I knew that was always the rumor, but I never heard it confirmed from anyone.

So that's the question for me, did he or anybody, know he was throwing with a torn Labrum the rest of the 2015 and the 2016 seasons?  He tried to rehab things himself and tried to play through it for almost two seasons? 

I don't think it was a contract thing. That's not Lucks character. I can see him trying to power throw and do whatever it takes to stay on the field and help his team win. He is NOT a me me guy worried about a contract. Dudes a fricken engineer for one. Two some of us don't place all that money and possessions as our priority. Hence the flip phone.

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I knew it! Pretty soon we're going to find out that Andrew Luck's death has been kept under wraps for years and they've just been carrying his corpse around out there like 'Weekend at Bernie's'. 

Wow, Weekend at Bernie's, I had forgotten how funny that movie was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Probably not. He'd have gotten the big bucks deal even if he'd have been hurt..

He'd put up the numbers prior to that....

..and he actually DID play through it and every well in 2016

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

So what are you trying to say? 

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I knew it! Pretty soon we're going to find out that Andrew Luck's death has been kept under wraps for years and they've just been carrying his corpse around out there like 'Weekend at Bernie's'. 

I am going to remember this movie when I'm lit up on my "salad greens" and

in need of a good comedy to watch. 

It wouldn't be so funny if Luck hadn't been carrying a few Colts rosters himself... 

Golly, I didn't mean to offend people by asking a question.  I was simply wondering if everybody involved with Luck knew the extent of the torn labrum since the mid 2015 season.

Isn't a TORN labrum something that tends not to heal on its own, unlike a sprained shoulder from snowboarding, especially if you keep heaving long passes?  Just wondering why anybody would have thought it was a good idea to keep playing on it and not get it repaired immediately.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I had a strong feeling that was true (pat's self on back) and said so, knowing that it was just a rumor, but that one had a ring of truth, given what Luck is into and the extended time frame.

Too bad for him and us. Hopefully today we put the past where it belongs. 

The AC joint injury had nothing to do with him missing time.   Did you read the article??

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Golly, I didn't mean to offend people by asking a question.  I was simply wondering if everybody involved with Luck knew the extent of the torn labrum since the mid 2015 season.

Isn't a TORN labrum something that tends not to heal on its own, unlike a sprained shoulder from snowboarding, especially if you keep heaving long passes?  Just wondering why anybody would have thought it was a good idea to keep playing on it and not get it repaired immediately.

Hindsight says if he would have immediately had the surgery then Grigs

may still be the GM and Pagano the coach. 

I personally like the way it all played out.

2 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Hindsight says if he would have immediately had the surgery then Grigs

may still be the GM and Pagano the coach. 

I personally like the way it all played out.

I simply think its strange that Irsay, Management, and the QB himself would allow him to play for nearly two full seasons with a torn Labrum.   There must be something else to the story that we will never get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

He may have not missed any time during 2016 but he wasn't 100% healthy

and missed all of 2017 because of it.

Luck is a kid at heart but a person has to see the the possibility of any injury

while snowboarding. With millions on the line, my love for risky free time

activities would cease until post career.

No.    Read the story.    Luck did NOT miss the 2017 injury due to the snowboarding accident.   Different injury.

He missed the the 17 season due to the shoulder injury from the 2015 game vs. Tennessee that we all know about.   Two different injuries that are not connected.    Read the story.   Luck and doctors confirm.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I simply think its strange that Irsay, Management, and the QB himself would allow him to play for nearly two full seasons with a torn Labrum.   There must be something else to the story that we will never get.

Come on DD, not everything has to have a conspiracy. 

As far as medical conditions they fall under the HIPPA privacy acts. There is no reason anyone needs to know the details unless Luck himself provides the information.  If you read the article he said he contacted the Colts. The Colts by law cannot indulge any information.

I think you just came up with the plot for the sequel to The Replacements.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

No.    Read the story.    Luck did NOT miss the 2017 injury due to the snowboarding accident.   Different injury.

He missed the the 17 season due to the shoulder injury from the 2015 game vs. Tennessee that we all know about.   Two different injuries that are not connected.    Read the story.   Luck and doctors confirm.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yup, it's right there in black and white. :thmup: I still don't want out eccentric franchise QB

on any kind of winter slope.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Come on DD, not everything has to have a conspiracy. 

As far as medical conditions they fall under the HIPPA privacy acts. There is no reason anyone needs to know the details unless Luck himself provides the information.  If you read the article he said he contacted the Colts. The Colts by law cannot indulge any information.

Conspiracy?  From whom, the fans?  Who cares.

During the 2015 season, NOBODY on this forum KNEW that Luck had a torn Labrum.  NOBODY KNEW in 2016 either.  This forum was speculating as to the extent of the injury.  In fact later, some speculated that he hurt it worse during snowboarding.

The facts remain this.  Luck knew of the Labrum early after it was torn (If I'm reading this article correctly), and either Management and Irsay knew, or they didn't.  The fact remains that he continued to play on it for two seasons.

What the FANS knew or didn't know, and why, I really don't care about.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Conspiracy?  From whom, the fans?  Who cares.

During the 2015 season, NOBODY on this forum KNEW that Luck had a torn Labrum.  NOBODY KNEW in 2016 either.  This forum was speculating as to the extent of the injury.  In fact later, some speculated that he hurt it worse during snowboarding.

The facts remain this.  Luck knew of the Labrum early after it was torn (If I'm reading this article correctly), and either Management and Irsay knew, or they didn't.  The fact remains that he continued to play on it for two seasons.

What the FANS knew or didn't know, and why, I really don't care about.

I was just pulling your chain a little DD. 

• Like 1

I'll never understand how stupid so many players of any sport can be.

All you have to do is to be healthy and try to have the better career you can have, even extending it, being a bit smart. You'll retire and have years and years to do anything you want to do while having huge dollars in the bank account and a bright future for your family.

And you then you go snowboarding and risk everything.

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Yup, it's right there in black and white. :thmup: I still don't want out eccentric franchise QB

on any kind of winter slope.

Hey.... me neither...    he could’ve blown up a knee ir an ankle..    he could’ve snapped a leg...    most teams don’t let their players ski...   it’s typically one if a long list of things they can’t do.

Im surprised Luck did it.    Glad to read he’ll never do it again.

• Like 1

I thought a lot of QBs had it in their contracts that they couldn't do things like that during the offseason.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-have-a-lot-of-things-they-contractually-cannot-do-for-fear-of-serious-injury/ar-AAwyiqn

“Skydiving, hang gliding, rock or mountain climbing, racing of any kind including as a driver or a passenger, motorcycling, use of any off-road or all-terrain vehicle, professional wrestling, boxing, firearms, scuba diving, jet skiing, surfing, bungee jumping, diving, and snow or water skiing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/07/06/yes-there-are-some-things-pro-athletes-arent-allowed-to-do/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f677d204ec0a

The NFL’s uniform player contract is vaguer, disallowing players from “any activity other than football which may involve a significant risk of personal injury.”

I'm sure the Colts would have had something similar in their contract for Luck