Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All-Right Andrew, Its Your Team Now

tfunky14

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again.

I'm imploring all of you. Please, regardless of how you feel about how the situation with Manning was handled, please do not take it out on Andrew Luck. That isn't fair, he had nothing to do with it. He's just another young man trying to live out his dream of playing in the NFL. Like it or not, he's most likely going to be our starting QB for the foreseeable future. He's going to need us fans to support him if he's going to be successful.

Please, I'm begging all of you. Don't blame him for something he had no control over.

It will be okay! Its business as usual in the NFL and the whole pro leagues teams. Superstars gets cut all the time. Life will still go on, the sun will come up tomorrow! I don't think anyone wished for Manning to be gone. But its life as usual. Now we should now look into the future. Go Colts!!

Let's go Luck!!!

I expect to suck next year, but the almighty Peyton Manning did go 3-13 in his rookie year. Just give Luck time, he won't disappoint.

Well said! I still see a bright future for the Colts. The rebuilding process will take some time. But in the long run, it will be a bright future.

All the "Suck for Luck" people got what you wished for. The perfect Storm hit Indy in 2011..

First pick, the savoir in Andrew Luck.

Lets just hope Andrew doesn't suck....

Let's hope the fans don't hate on him after his first loss,that concerns me more then him sucking.

Were more than likely going to be bad the next season no matter how good Luck is destine to be. We'll more than likely be average or slightly below average the year after too.

Get ready for a rebuild folks.

I hope they do go after Carl Nicks now though. I still doubt they will but would really go along way to rebuilding the Oline quickly and helping to protect Luck.

as I have been saying yes Irsay could have resigned him but 28 million was way to steep coming off 4 surgeries and Manning NEVER said he would restructure, ok he threw four throws and had velocity, not with someone in his face, I support Irsay in this decision, thank you manning for all you have done you will be missed, I wish you could have restructured but alot of us realize this is a business, good luck in your future, personally I like that we are probably going to have a more balanced attack in coming years, after all doesnt defense win championships?

First off I am a die hard Colts Fan. I have loved the seasons that PM has given us. But lets be real and take the name and history out of this. Are you willing to bet on a 36 yr old qb that has had 4 neck operations and will strap you financially ? I'm going to guess as crazy as Irsay is he wasn't willing to bet it all on PM and is going with the safer bet of a rookie QB going into the future. I will always be a PM fan and wish him all the luck, but unfortunately PM leaving the Colt's was gonna happen sooner or later. At least the drama over this will come to pass and we can move forward with Andrew Luck.

I'm imploring all of you. Please, regardless of how you feel about how the situation with Manning was handled, please do not take it out on Andrew Luck. That isn't fair, he had nothing to do with it. He's just another young man trying to live out his dream of playing in the NFL. Like it or not, he's most likely going to be our starting QB for the foreseeable future. He's going to need us fans to support him if he's going to be successful.

Please, I'm begging all of you. Don't blame him for something he had no control over.

I love how you want him to come in with a pacifier! He's got 1 year with the pacifier and then all bets are off.

I have to agree with you although I'm really going to miss number 18

you aren't in reality, you actually think that fans won't be hard on him if he sucks in year two? take your own advice

No I fully understand that some people are going to insist on acting like petulant children who just had their binky's taken away.

Well said and my thoughts, too. I was a Colts fan before Peyton and will continue to be forever. This is our TEAM, and players will come and go...even the legendary.

Couldn't agree more.

No I fully understand that some people are going to insist on acting like petulant children who just had their binky's taken away.

You'll probably have that. So are you going to breast-feed him for the next 5 years?

I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?

You'll probably have that. So are you going to breast-feed him for the next 5 years?

I think it is certainly reasonable to give him a year to learn the NFL, but you can't compare his situation to PM's. Fans have high expectations, if he's unable to peform like "the best prospect since Elway" then fans have a right to voice that opinion. It would be wrong to hate on him just for replacing manning, but we have every right to ride him based on performance. How can you call that childish?

Yes, I'm planning on personally breast feeding him for 5 years.

No, this is Pagano's team now. Luck is just the face of the franchise.

Your not given the "face of the franchise" label because your the qb luck will have to earn that title, right not the face of the franchise is expected to be released Wednesday after which there isn't another face until it's earned. Just look at flaco nobody questions that Ray Lewis is the face of The Ravens franchise

It will be okay! Its business as usual in the NFL and the whole pro leagues teams. Superstars gets cut all the time. Life will still go on, the sun will come up tomorrow! I don't think anyone wished for Manning to be gone. But its life as usual. Now we should now look into the future. Go Colts!!

Nicely put