Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No...but I'd make a move for Kemba Walker assuming we could negotiate him to sign long term. Victor and Kemba to me would be much more deadly. Kemba is a way way better shooter than Wall. I think they could play off each other very well. I would imagine Charlotte will be out of the playoff picture come trade deadline and with him being a free agent after the season...it might not even take that much to facilitate a trade. That would make us really scary to guard at the two....and we could easily stagger them so one is always on the floor to make sure we don't hit any scoring slumps.

There was that rumor floating around last year about the Pacers looking at Kemba. We’ll see what happens

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

There was that rumor floating around last year about the Pacers looking at Kemba. We’ll see what happens

I wasn't sure about bringing him in because we didn't have Myles locked up and I didn't want to have both Myles and Kemba as free agents and us maybe lose both. With Myles locked up we would likely just have to give up an expiring deal like Bogs or Collison plus throw in maybe Leaf or Holiday and a draft pick. I'd rather not give up Holiday so maybe Leaf plus a first would get it done but I think they would push for Holiday to replace PG duties next year. If that is the case then no draft pick. I don't want to lose him but Kemba is a major upgrade and we would still have Joseph for defense and back up duties. You don't get many shots and with how Boston is playing I think the East is up for grabs. If Kemba walks then you still have cap space to find a new pg. That would be my preference....no way am I taking on John Walls contract. If I get anyone off Washington it would be Otto Porter to play our 3....but as far as guys that should be available Kemba would be my number 1 priority....guy just dropped 60...and followed it up with 40 more...and efficient shooting to boot!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

I wasn't sure about bringing him in because we didn't have Myles locked up and I didn't want to have both Myles and Kemba as free agents and us maybe lose both. With Myles locked up we would likely just have to give up an expiring deal like Bogs or Collison plus throw in maybe Leaf or Holiday and a draft pick. I'd rather not give up Holiday so maybe Leaf plus a first would get it done but I think they would push for Holiday to replace PG duties next year. If that is the case then no draft pick. I don't want to lose him but Kemba is a major upgrade and we would still have Joseph for defense and back up duties. You don't get many shots and with how Boston is playing I think the East is up for grabs. If Kemba walks then you still have cap space to find a new pg. That would be my preference....no way am I taking on John Walls contract. If I get anyone off Washington it would be Otto Porter to play our 3....but as far as guys that should be available Kemba would be my number 1 priority....guy just dropped 60...and followed it up with 40 more...and efficient shooting to boot!

We’ll get a closer look at Kemba tonight. I do agree that getting him would make more sense than Wall. Either way, I completely trust Pritchard making the call

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

We’ll get a closer look at Kemba tonight. I do agree that getting him would make more sense than Wall. Either way, I completely trust Pritchard making the call

Yeah...it's hard to mess with good team chemistry like we seem to have. Players seem to like each other and play well together. Never know how adding or taking away guys will affect that. My reasoning is I think Victor is having to carry to big a load. We don't really have a guy that can get his own shot or really carry us offensively. The other factor is Kemba being a free agent if it didn't work out would be much easier to move on from and should come at a discount. I also know he hasn't tasted post season play and if he was on a team playing for something I think he would enjoy winning and might come back for a little less then taking assassin money say in Atlanta or NY or something that isn't competing. In the end I just don't think this team has done quite enough to get past say Toronto, Boston, or the Bucks...and with Philly upgrading it gets tougher and tougher and now is the time to be all in with Lebron in the West.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...it's hard to mess with good team chemistry like we seem to have. Players seem to like each other and play well together. Never know how adding or taking away guys will affect that. My reasoning is I think Victor is having to carry to big a load. We don't really have a guy that can get his own shot or really carry us offensively. The other factor is Kemba being a free agent if it didn't work out would be much easier to move on from and should come at a discount. I also know he hasn't tasted post season play and if he was on a team playing for something I think he would enjoy winning and might come back for a little less then taking assassin money say in Atlanta or NY or something that isn't competing. In the end I just don't think this team has done quite enough to get past say Toronto, Boston, or the Bucks...and with Philly upgrading it gets tougher and tougher and now is the time to be all in with Lebron in the West.

Kemba would take some of the scoring mentality from VO. But that wouldn’t be a bad thing. Like you said, Kemba can make his own shot. That’s a very valuable thing to possess as a basketball player

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, Luck is Good said:

Anyone want to trade for John Wall? A change of scenery might be good for him. Him and VO would be quite a backcourt

Too many issues with him.  I don't like his attitude, and I don't think he's a very hard worker.  Not someone I'd want in the locker room.  I'd rather look to trade for someone like Kemba Walker, but they should have done that a year or two ago.  His price is at an all-time high now.

Markelle Fultz wants a change of scenery.  Should the Pacers consider a trade?  A guard rotation of Oladipo, Holliday, Fultz, Joseph, and Evans (assuming we'd have to trade Collison) could be very strong, especially if Fultz is able to regain his college abilities

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Too many issues with him.  I don't like his attitude, and I don't think he's a very hard worker.  Not someone I'd want in the locker room.  I'd rather look to trade for someone like Kemba Walker, but they should have done that a year or two ago.  His price is at an all-time high now.

Markelle Fultz wants a change of scenery.  Should the Pacers consider a trade?  A guard rotation of Oladipo, Holliday, Fultz, Joseph, and Evans (assuming we'd have to trade Collison) could be very strong, especially if Fultz is able to regain his college abilities

I don't want a non-shooting guard on my team. The NBA is about the 3 and D.  Kid has major mental issues.....I hope he works it out but I'm about ready to chalk him up to the latest #1 pick bust! Wow did the Celtics fleece Philly! And think about LA....they could have had Tatum playing alongside Lebron right now!

Pacers win again 109-104 over the Suns. McDermott 5-7 from 3 and 21 Points, Sabonis 21 Points and 16 Boards! Oladipo misses 5th straight game but still Pacers find a way to win. I believe this years team is better than last years team. Last season when Oladipo didn't play we were 0-7 and looked lost. We are 3-2 without him this season. I haven't read where his knee injury is anything serious, the team keeps saying it's a day to day. I think the Pacers are just being cautious IMO. 13-8 now on the season and 4th in the East.

Bummer loss for the Pacers.  

Many have said that the Pacers can piggy back off taking the Cavs to 7 games last year into attracting free agents to come to Indiana.   That may be partially true, but we also need to win these high profile games.   A bit disappointing.   

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Many have said that the Pacers can piggy back off taking the Cavs to 7 games last year into attracting free agents to come to Indiana.   That may be partially true, but we also need to win these high profile games.   A bit disappointing.   

I wouldn't be overly concerned.  The Pacers are a contender in the East.   Every team will have hiccups here and there, but the Pacers are firmly a playoff contender and will likely have a top-4 seed in the playoffs.  Then it comes down to one game at a time, and the Pacers have shown they can keep up with anyone.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wouldn't be overly concerned.  The Pacers are a contender in the East.   Every team will have hiccups here and there, but the Pacers are firmly a playoff contender and will likely have a top-4 seed in the playoffs.  Then it comes down to one game at a time, and the Pacers have shown they can keep up with anyone.

I agree.   It's just that in order to get some "respect" and attention of possible free agents, it would be good to win the high profile games like against the media loved Lakers.  

I was listening to some sports radio yesterday and they were talking about the East.   They mentioned the Raptor, Bucks and 76rs, but not the Pacers.   

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Kinda hard to win high profile games without your best player especially playing a lebron team 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree.   It's just that in order to get some "respect" and attention of possible free agents, it would be good to win the high profile games like against the media loved Lakers.  

I was listening to some sports radio yesterday and they were talking about the East.   They mentioned the Raptor, Bucks and 76rs, but not the Pacers.   

That's typical for Indy.  They're a small market team without a megastar.  The Raps are a big market and have Kawhi, the Bucks have a perennial MVP candidate in Giannis, the 76ers are a bigger market with stars like Simmons and Embiid.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Myles said:

I know what you mean.Myles

I saw an NBA-TV analysis of a dozen or so teams this week …

.some doing well..like Memphis,. the Clippers

"Can they maintain it?!!

......some doing poorly.....like Houston, Utah....Can they comeback?? 

What was their in depth thought on the Pacers?

We were not mentioned at all:thinking:

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Kinda hard to win high profile games without your best player especially playing a lebron team 

Anything we do on the road without Vic is very good.   0-6 last year with no Vic, right?

Tough loss tonight. Two crucial Darren Collison turnovers created by DeAaron Fox late were the difference. This is the type of game you would love Oladipo to be the closer, but that's not an option.

Still went 2-2 on the road trip without Victor. Two days off before we play the Bulls at home on Tuesday. Hopefully that won't be a problem even without Oladipo.

111-110...….Bogdonavic has adopted the leading scorer role..

We seem to be running sets that feature him as opposed to having him as a 2nd and 3rd option on plays..

But I agree...as long as Victor is out..we just need to be .500 on the road and better than that at home. Are you surprised haven't seen more of Tyreke Evans at the end of games?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

96-90...a nice win...very 1990s..good defense.....and some retro offense

18, 11 and 5 blocks by Myles/./..23 for Collison...

They're all good wins without Vic

Much needed win, we are hanging tough while Vic is out. 14-10 and 5th in the East is fine considering Vic has missed several games now. We are lucky we have the BIG's we have. Turner had 5 Blocks tonight and Sabonis did nice work off the bench.

Maybe this will spur management to make a move for another star to play alongside and help lead when Vic is out. I think this is a typical good Pacer team....solid will fight you to the end but just not quite enough to get over the top. To me now is the time to make a run with Lebron gone....the window is there.

• Like 1

I still got Boston winning the east by years end, seedings be damned. Their ceiling is HIGH.

They won the last 3 when Marcus Smart/Marcus Morris were inserted into the starting lineup. Gives them a tougher starting 5 with Horford/Tatum/Morris/Smart/Irving. Now Brown says he is okay if he has to come off the bench too since he missed 3 games with a back injury and knows Smart fits better right now.

Gordon Hayward offered to come off the bench a few weeks ago and ripped off 30 points the other night.

It's just a strange process with Boston, you got like 9 starters on this team. Finding the roles and who goes where etc. has been a painful process...

But when this thing clicks (and I believe it will) it's going to be electric later.

Not everyone can pull a Golden State and have their best players as starters IMO. Irving plays better with Smart since then he can play off the ball more like he did in Cleveland and then Smart can guard the other teams best guard.

This is still a work in progress.......but I still never gave up on this team despite blowing games this year and some ugly stuff.

This isn't a Boston friendly forum but damn this C's team is fascinating with all those guys.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is everyone's all-time starting 5?

Mine is:

PG Magic

SG Jordan

SF LeBron

PF Bird - I would just have him shoot 3's and Rebound

C Kareem

I would go 82-0. 

I'd take Pippen over Lebron just based off how much better defensively he was, plus he could still give you 20+ a night.

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what Tyreke Evans was supposed to be.

Its early

Tyreke is a role player? Comes off the bench. I don't think anyone thought he would be Robin to Victor's Batman. I think we was hoping Myles would develop into that role naturally. Myles is a good piece...but offensively he can't take over a game and help carry a team although his defense is certainly good and he can complement the offense ok. I think for this team to get to that next level they need another guy that can score, get his own shot, create. Another star if you will. Our margin for error is just too small and I believe come playoffs the bench will shrink and scoring will become even more difficult. We have some nice pieces to offer...and actually expiring contracts so a deal at the all-star break could happen. There is just only so far Victor can take this team on his own....ala Paul George.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is everyone's all-time starting 5?

Mine is:

PG Magic

SG Jordan

SF LeBron

PF Bird - I would just have him shoot 3's and Rebound

C Kareem

I would go 82-0. 

That isn't enough 3pt shooting imo. It's so very hard to say because some players wouldn't compliment each other and be able to play with each other the same. Honestly why Magic and Lebron both?? They both play the same position and almost the same way..need the ball in their hands. If I have Lebron or Magic I don't need both. I'd prefer to have a point guard like Steph to open the floor and shoot 3's. I mean if you are talking top 5 players etc than I totally understand but again I feel you are duplicating positions there and honestly would take away from one or the other. In todays NBA I would take Lebron...he can shoot the 3 better and gets to the rim a little better than Magic and I don't think you lose much passing....and with Steph you gain the best 3pt shooter of all time. I think you need that because it would allow Larry to not just focus on 3's and get him even more involved in the offense. Honestly that team is just overloaded with too much scoring. It also depends on how the game is called etc. To have a team play today I would go with this starting 5.

PG:Curry

SG:Jordan (I think he would easily adapt to shoot a better 3pt%)

SF:Lebron

PF:Bird (the ultimate stretch 4 but his defense could be exploited in pick n roll)

C:Olajahoun

Don't get me wrong...we could go with Russell or Wilt or Kareem...but I think the Dream has the best lateral quickness to show on pick n rolls and quickness to get back and contest.....and with his post moves he is more than a good enough scorer. To me I want an dominant athletic center that is defensive minded more so than more scoring. I would say I would worry about rebounding but I think the team rebounding with Jordan and Lebron make up for the perhaps the size Larry might give up. Anyways....hard to go wrong...some all time greats you had there.