Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

This bugs me with Philly. I don't know how this will work well with a hot head like Butler on Philly and also spacing/shooting. But I was secretly hoping the Celtics would swap Butler for Haywashed since Irving/Butler are tight.

:violin:

At this point a few orange security cones can defend better then Gordon Hayward.

I still think the odd man out is Gordon sadly and I can't always deny this. I mean last night Irving had to go to a family funeral so he misses the game. Celtics without Irving actually got WORSE on defense. This is not even a joke, Irving has played good defense in a lot of games this year.:panic:

I don't want Philly to get better, the C's own them but still I hate how the east is making all these nice trades for stars like Kawhi and Butler while last night Joe freaking Ingles made Gordon Hayward look bad in Utah.

And ex Celtic Jae Crowder lit up the C's "defense" too. My goodness gracious.....

Anyway thats my friendly Celtics rant of the day. 

Carry on.....

"Joe freaking Ingles" :funny:. I know the dude looks like a janitor at a Highschool somewhere but shoots 3's like Reggie Miller. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Joe freaking Ingles" :funny:. I know the dude looks like a janitor at a Highschool somewhere but shoots 3's like Reggie Miller. 

MY GOD. Yep this dude.

700528846.jpg

Basically he was shooting like Reggie Miller last night, especially in the first half.

I will say Gordon Hayward is a great free throw shooter though, I really do trust him at the line. The free throws are smooth and sharp.

Realistically, Philly should pick up Korver. They need shooting bad with how the roster is currently set up. They were talking to Korver in the summer.

The east last year was a damn patty cake walk outside of Lebron. This year it looks like everyone has teeth.

On a side note I am still predicting the Celtics make a trade this season, even if they move someone (Hayward or Rozier or both) for someone you never heard of. Or in the offseason at least......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Realistically, Philly should pick up Korver. They need shooting bad with how the roster is currently set up. They were talking to Korver in the summer.

The east last year was a damn patty cake walk outside of Lebron. This year it looks like everyone has teeth.

On a side note I am still predicting the Celtics make a trade this season, even if they move someone (Hayward or Rozier or both) for someone you never heard of. Or in the offseason at least......

Philly just got Butler, it has been confirmed. Not sure how good Philly be now?? I am not sure what they gave up yet?

Just now, Jules said:

Agree but Covington sucks IMO. Well at least vs. the Celtics he does.

I think it's upgrade unless Butler/Embiid butt heads on the team. And then the team has to get another shooter. Spacing and shooting looks weird on paper.

Butler butted heads with Towns so it is possible. I hope the Pacers can somehow land Korver. I have always loved him as a shooter and the Pacers can use another 3 point shooter. Covington is actually a good player, he shoots 39% from 3 and averages over 10 points a game as a Role Chemistry player. He must play bad against Boston though. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jules said:

They need shooting. Butler is a great addition defensively and getting to the basket....but career wise he isn’t a 3pt shooter really. Low 30s....Reddick is good but they are going to still need another shooter to stretch the floor. A stretch 4 or something...I mean Fultz can’t help with that and we know Simmons can’t shoot. The thing is...by the time the trade deadline comes along they will be buyers and all in...and some team will be out of contention and willing to trade for their late first rd pick or a second. All I know is they shouldn’t stop making moves.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That team is on their last rodeo IMO, I still think they will 3-Peat but I can see Durant and maybe even Klay leaving at the end of the season. I would bet 1 of the 2 will go. 

KD. Klay will stay. Draymond said some pretty f’d up stuff. KD is way overly sensitive but Green said some really messed up stuff to him.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 5:46 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Looks like Melo is done in Houston

That surprises me. Everyone under the sun knew he couldn’t play defense...and he was a ball stopper on offense...but he basically played the same as he always has. Just a cop out for Houston’s poor play honestly.

Friendly Celtics update.

I changed my mind. Scratch anything I said about Gordon Hayward! He got the minutes restrictions taken off this week and it's starting to click. Don't get me wrong, he's got a few months to go I think till he is back and perhaps even until the playoffs begin......but this dude's brains and play making is ABSURD. He knows where to pass the ball, when and he is really good at making reads now. He's a smart smart guy who seems to be getting it better now.

Kyrie was unreal tonight beating the Raptors with 43 points and 11 assists. I mean unreal.

I think this Celtics team is starting to "get it" now. It was just a matter of being patient. And nobody in Boston sports has patience lol.

If I have concerns it's the trash brothers in the background; Rozier and Smart. And sometimes Jaylen Brown.

But I think Gordon Hayward is the type of player who makes those around him better. And I think I overreacted.

Gordon isn't going to light up the scoreboard but he's the type that does all those little things and believe me this C's team will go where he goes......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers with a nice win over Miami tonight, Evans poured in 23 and Turner brought some serious Defense. He is a shot blocking machine. Pacers are now 9-6 and 3rd in the East. We are just 2 games behind the Bucks for the Central Division lead. Bucks have finally lost a few.

Vic's shooting percentage has to improve or the Pacers will not win as many games as they did last year. 

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Vic's shooting percentage has to improve or the Pacers will not win as many games as they did last year. 

Yeah his FG% is down 3.5% points from last season so far. He shot 47.7% last season and is at 44.2% this season. I always say a SG should at least shoot 45%, I call that the Kobe line as that is what he basically shot for his career = 9-20 each game roughly. Still alot of season to go. His scoring average is close to the same as last season though (23.1 last) now (22.7).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Free throwing shooting is a problem for Vic and the team. They both hit about 70% that's good for 29th in the league ahead of only Sacramento.  Hopefully Vic is just warming up he hits about 80% for his career and that's about as low as you want from your primary ball handler. I remember watching us shoot FT's was hard to do at times last season too. 

It was encouraging to see Evans finally play the way most expected. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:06 PM, dgambill said:

That surprises me. Everyone under the sun knew he couldn’t play defense...and he was a ball stopper on offense...but he basically played the same as he always has. Just a cop out for Houston’s poor play honestly.

it just took a bit for Houston to figure out that Carmello is a team killer.   This kind of proves that he can have a losing effect on any team.   C'mon Boston, sign carmello.

pacers seem to be around the 9-10th best team in the league at this point.  

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

97-89..final..

Good win...…...Aaron Holiday off the bench….12 points....filling in for Vic..

Myles 10 and 11..Sabonis..16 rebounds...Bogdonavich 22 points

Hawks are bad, aren't they?

Yeah the Hawks are bad but it's nice to see the Pacers get a couple of wins when Vic is not scoring. 

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

97-89..final..

Good win...…...Aaron Holiday off the bench….12 points....filling in for Vic..

Myles 10 and 11..Sabonis..16 rebounds...Bogdonavich 22 points

Hawks are bad, aren't they?

Glad you are back, everyone was worried about you :rock:. Yeah it is just soreness in Vic's knee, nothing serious. Eventhough it was the Hawks still a nice win. We are 10-6 and 3rd in the East, I will take it for now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad you are back, everyone was worried about you :rock:. Yeah it is just soreness in Vic's knee, nothing serious. Eventhough it was the Hawks still a nice win. We are 10-6 and 3rd in the East, I will take it for now.

Glad to be back......Here's some advice: Don't get old.

I guess we saw some of the future Saturday night....Holiday is either Collison's eventual replacement or he's Tyreke Evans replacement.

For now, hes protection against any injury...we are in good shape at guard.

Now if I could figure out why McDermott cant shoot anymore:thinking:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Glad to be back......Here's some advice: Don't get old.

I guess we saw some of the future Saturday night....Holiday is either Collison's eventual replacement or he's Tyreke Evans replacement.

For now, hes protection against any injury...we are in good shape at guard.

Now if I could figure out why McDermott cant shoot anymore:thinking:

"Don't get old". Who do you think I am Tom Brady :sarcasm:. Cool you are back man! Pacers don't look Great but they look Good at least, like a Top 4 Seed so far. Boston is only 9-7 and Philly has had their struggles too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Anyone want to trade for John Wall? A change of scenery might be good for him. Him and VO would be quite a backcourt

After what I'm seeing from Aaron Holiday already early in his rookie season, I'm not trading any assets for a 28 year old that will be paid 40 million dollars until he is 32.

• Like 2

OK so that was a dominant performance against the Jazz without Oladipo and with Aaron Holiday playing really good again. 

I wonder how Nate McMillan adjusts the rotation when Oladipo gets healthy. Will Aaron get kicked out of the rotation, does he give Collison/Joseph less minutes, or will he just ride the hot hand?

54 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

OK so that was a dominant performance against the Jazz without Oladipo and with Aaron Holiday playing really good again. 

I wonder how Nate McMillan adjusts the rotation when Oladipo gets healthy. Will Aaron get kicked out of the rotation, does he give Collison/Joseph less minutes, or will he just ride the hot hand?

Wasnt he drafted to take over the PG spot if so just go with the hot hand and start him at PG

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Wasnt he drafted to take over the PG spot if so just go with the hot hand and start him at PG

Yeah he was drafted to take over but that was suppose to be next year when Collison and Joseph are free agents.

I just can't see Nate taking out the veterans in favor of a rookie, but if he keeps playing this effectively, something is going to have to give. Maybe a trade would help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah he was drafted to take over but that was suppose to be next year when Collison and Joseph are free agents.

I just can't see Nate taking out the veterans in favor of a rookie, but if he keeps playing this effectively, something is going to have to give. Maybe a trade would help.

I'd prefer he just play the best players no matter how many years 

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

After what I'm seeing from Aaron Holiday already early in his rookie season, I'm not trading any assets for a 28 year old that will be paid 40 million dollars until he is 32.

Aaron Holiday was a solid pick. Very impressed with him. Shoutout to Kevin Pritchard too. It’s nice knowing the Pacers have a competent GM

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We were 0-6 without Dipo last season, basically 2-0 without him so far this season. Atlanta stinks but Utah is Good. Holiday is Good.

Jazz aren’t bad. Even though that loss put them at 8-9, they’re not a bad team. Impressive performance without VO. Now go beat the Hornets on Wednesday

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think it will work itself out..

Tyreke, and Darren Collison are over 30, right.  They'll need days off.

I like Holiday watching and learning and then playing a stretch.

His time is coming next year

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Anyone want to trade for John Wall? A change of scenery might be good for him. Him and VO would be quite a backcourt

No...but I'd make a move for Kemba Walker assuming we could negotiate him to sign long term. Victor and Kemba to me would be much more deadly. Kemba is a way way better shooter than Wall. I think they could play off each other very well. I would imagine Charlotte will be out of the playoff picture come trade deadline and with him being a free agent after the season...it might not even take that much to facilitate a trade. That would make us really scary to guard at the two....and we could easily stagger them so one is always on the floor to make sure we don't hit any scoring slumps.