Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I'd say that series would be over in 6. Healthy GS easily. GS would pull Shaq out to the 3pt line....I mean no way he can hedge on Curry and Durant. Then GS would pull hack a shaq to limit him. The game is just played differently. I give Kobe and Shaq credit to figure a way to win a couple but they have no one to guard Curry/Durant. It just isn't a good matchup. A better matchup would be Shaq/Kobe vs 90s Bulls imo. That would be a closer series. I think a better matchup would the Lebron/Wade Heat vs GS. I would actually like to see the 90's Pistons go up against GS. That is a team that I think could physically impose themselves on GS...but had guys like Dumars and others that could defend and I think Isiaih could expose Curry's defense! A good matchup of opposites....finesse vs will.

I honestly still would take the 1987 Lakers over anyone. I know it was a different game back then but they could play any style. That team averaged 117 points a game believe it or not and was way ahead of their time. Magic and Kareem speak for themselves - 2 of the Top 5 players ever but James Worthy would be my ace in the hole, he was just awesome and unstoppable. 3 point shooting wise, Scott and Cooper were deadly as well. Coop once made 7 3's in a Finals game vs Boston and Scott was just a dead eye. Cooper IMO was the best Defensive perimeter Guard in NBA History at 6'7 and his length was unreal, he would smother Curry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly still would take the 1987 Lakers over anyone. I know it was a different game back then but they could play any style. That team averaged 117 points a game believe it or not and was way ahead of their time. Magic and Kareem speak for themselves - 2 of the Top 5 players ever but James Worthy would be my ace in the hole, he was just awesome and unstoppable. 3 point shooting wise, Scott and Cooper were deadly as well. Coop once made 7 3's in a Finals game vs Boston and Scott was just a dead eye. Cooper IMO was the best Defensive perimeter Guard in NBA History at 6'7 and his length was unreal, he would smother Curry.

Agreed. Probably greatest NBA team of all time....it was towards the end of great Kareem but one of those Laker teams would probably have to be considered the greatest. Even over some loaded Celtic rosters.

I just like some matchups that I think would make incredible series. I would love to see GS vs Pistons. Thomas vs Curry, Klay vs Dumars, Rodman vs Durant, Mahorn vs Green, still have Laimbeer and Sally and don't forget Vinny Johnson....that's a team with a very conflicting style but would make an awesome matchup! Besides I'd rather see prime Kobe vs prime MJ. I think it wouldn't be that close who would be better between the two.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. Probably greatest NBA team of all time....it was towards the end of great Kareem but one of those Laker teams would probably have to be considered the greatest. Even over some loaded Celtic rosters.

Yeah Kareem was still barely Great in 1987 lol but Magic and Worthy were at their best. The 1986 Celtics were so damn Great too. Of course you have 1996 Chicago with the GOAT = Jordan. The 2001 Lakers went 15-1 in the Playoffs with Kobe and Shaq but the Warriors in 2017 went 16-1 to top that. Alot of great memories. I look at all of those teams and I still would pick the 87 Lakers. Hard to imagine Jordan losing but he never took on Magic and Kareem together. 

Regarding LeBron, his best team was in 2013 IMO with the Heat. They had Him, Wade, Bosh, and Allen. Spurs almost beat them though but almost doesn't count. That Heat team won 27 games in a row at one point. Wade is probably the 3rd best SG ever only behind Mike and Kobe. I love Reggie but he wasn't the all-around player Wade was nor was Allen. Curry is a PG.

• Like 1

And maybe not all-time great teams but I would love to see some matchups like the Olajuwan and Horry and Maxwell and Cassell Rockets vs Duncan, Admiral, Elliott, and Avery Johnson. Championship teams that would make great finals against each other. That is what I think about lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Kareem was still barely Great in 1987 lol but Magic and Worthy were at their best. The 1986 Celtics were so damn Great too. Of course you have 1996 Chicago with the GOAT = Jordan. The 2001 Lakers went 15-1 in the Playoffs with Kobe and Shaq but the Warriors in 2017 went 16-1 to top that. Alot of great memories. I look at all of those teams and I still would pick the 87 Lakers. Hard to imagine Jordan losing but he never took on Magic and Kareem together. 

Regarding LeBron, his best team was in 2013 IMO with the Heat. They had Him, Wade, Bosh, and Allen. Spurs almost beat them though but almost doesn't count. That Heat team won 27 games in a row at one point. Wade is probably the 3rd best SG ever only behind Mike and Kobe. I love Reggie but he wasn't the all-around player Wade was nor was Allen.

As great as Jordan was I don't think any of his teams could have beaten the 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers...just not deep enough....and that is nothing against Jordan and Scottie.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And maybe not all-time great teams but I would love to see some matchups like the Olajuwan and Horry and Maxwell and Cassell Rockets vs Duncan, Admiral, Elliott, and Avery Johnson. Championship teams that would make great finals against each other. That is what I think about lol.

Imagine if the 1997 Jazz would've played the 1999 Knicks instead of playing the Bulls in 1997 and 1998. That Jazz team would have a Ring with Malone and Stock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

As great as Jordan was I don't think any of his teams could have beaten the 86 Celtics or 87 Lakers...just not deep enough....and that is nothing against Jordan and Scottie.

Yeah it is too bad we can't put them all in a time machine and enjoy. That would be fun! Even mix in a Wilt team and one of Russell's stacked teams back in the 60's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

You might want a slightly upgraded Roy Hibbert, but I don't. Why should we not expect him to be premier on both sides? That's not much to ask, especially when he has the ability to be a good scoring big man. 

And Rudy didn't deserve that contract either. I'd take Turner over him just based off his potential on the offensive side. Rudy can't shoot and stretch the floor like Myles can. 

It's ridiculous that you think the defensive player of the year doesn't deserve a big contract. I can't even take you seriously. That just shows how much you discredit the defensive side of the ball.

There's nothing wrong with hoping Myles develops into a great offensive player, but that is not what they ask him to do. They ask him to protect the rim and he does it at an elite level. The one game Myles didn't play, Lamarcus Aldridge scored like 35 on us.

I personally wanted to see Myles develop a post game, but I've realized that just is not the type of player he is. Offensively, I just want him to shoot when he is open. I don't care how many shots he ends up taking as long as they are good shots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Melo....imo one of the most over-rated players in NBA history. He just did not make his teams markably better imo. He could score obviously but just didn't elevate his teams much at all.

He was a lazy player. Yes he could score but that's about it. He is what we used to call a flick when I was young enough to play basketball.

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

We're smoking them....108-99...1:38 left..

..and we only shot 43%

That league leading D buddy!

Who would've thought both the Pacers and Colts would have top 10 defenses this year, thus far. . . . . . .  Knock on wood, Pacers are top 3.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

He us such a raw talent...I as sume he's been coached...but it doe snot show

He's a triple double machine but yeah he does a lot of harm to the team as well.  It is scary to think if he calms his nerves and improves his free throws he could be something incredibly special. 

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

That league leading D buddy!

Who would've thought both the Pacers and Colts would have top 10 defenses this year, thus far. . . . . . .  Knock on wood, Pacers are top 3.  

Back to back over the Bucks and Phily..the teams we need to beat...

Could be a big weekend in Indy!!:scoregood:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Back to back over the Bucks and Phily..the teams we need to beat...

Could be a big weekend in Indy!!:scoregood:

Yeah it could, Dallas @ Colts/ IU @ Butler (even though I love them both)/ Houston @ Jets / Knicks @ Pacers. 

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That no look assist by Vic was a thing of beauty.

Yeah Embid was like :Gaah:

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

113-101...…..6 wins in a row!!!!:thanks:

We just kicked Philly's butt in Philly. Now just a half game back of the Bucks for 2nd in the East. 19-10 and rolling. We are definitely for real and the league will be forced to live with it and take notice. Everytime ESPN or the NBA Network mentions teams in the East, they leave us out. Those times are coming to an end :thmup:

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Tyreke was 2 of 11.....Myles...16 minutes..5 fouls...8 points

I have to think they'll do better against NYK

Yeah, what's so nice is the rest of the team steps up. It's like the players take turns on who is going to shine. The chemistry of this team is pretty damn good.