Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That isn't enough 3pt shooting imo. It's so very hard to say because some players wouldn't compliment each other and be able to play with each other the same. Honestly why Magic and Lebron both?? They both play the same position and almost the same way..need the ball in their hands. If I have Lebron or Magic I don't need both. I'd prefer to have a point guard like Steph to open the floor and shoot 3's. I mean if you are talking top 5 players etc than I totally understand but again I feel you are duplicating positions there and honestly would take away from one or the other. In todays NBA I would take Lebron...he can shoot the 3 better and gets to the rim a little better than Magic and I don't think you lose much passing....and with Steph you gain the best 3pt shooter of all time. I think you need that because it would allow Larry to not just focus on 3's and get him even more involved in the offense. Honestly that team is just overloaded with too much scoring. It also depends on how the game is called etc. To have a team play today I would go with this starting 5.

PG:Curry

SG:Jordan (I think he would easily adapt to shoot a better 3pt%)

SF:Lebron

PF:Bird (the ultimate stretch 4 but his defense could be exploited in pick n roll)

C:Olajahoun

Don't get me wrong...we could go with Russell or Wilt or Kareem...but I think the Dream has the best lateral quickness to show on pick n rolls and quickness to get back and contest.....and with his post moves he is more than a good enough scorer. To me I want an dominant athletic center that is defensive minded more so than more scoring. I would say I would worry about rebounding but I think the team rebounding with Jordan and Lebron make up for the perhaps the size Larry might give up. Anyways....hard to go wrong...some all time greats you had there.

To leave Magic off is just nuts, JMO. He is the best leader the NBA has ever seen, Larry would be enough 3 point shooting because LeBron would also hit a few and Magic hit a few as well in the clutch, so did Jordan. I would take Shaq over Hakeem. Hell Curry could be the 6th man if you really want 3's. I could give Reggie Miller a call too. A team with Magic and Jordan would never lose = case closed. Those 2 could play with Ray Tolbert and Matt Nover and beat anyone lmao 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To leave Magic off is just nuts, JMO. He is the best leader the NBA has ever seen, Larry would be enough 3 point shooting because LeBron would also hit a few and Magic hit a few as well in the clutch, so did Jordan. I would take Shaq over Hakeem. Hell Curry could be the 6th man if you really want 3's. I could give Reggie Miller a call too. A team with Magic and Jordan would never lose = case closed. Those 2 could play with Ray Tolbert and Matt Nover and beat anyone lmao 

Ok...I love my Hoosiers but now I know your high lol. Anyways I'm sure just about any team with Magic and Jordan would win....but I feel you could say that with Lebron and Jordan too. Your team is great...and wouldn't lose...I just think it could be better if you diversify your roster. Some times having the best 5 players doesn't make the best team is all I was saying. You want guys that compliment the game of the other guys and would play off them improving the synergy of the team. To me Lebron=Magic. No need for both because if you have one then you take away the best thing about the other and your making the other unnecessary....try to make Lebron or Magic a stand in place player that doesn't handle the ball defeats what they do best. If I was you I would drop Lebron then and add another shooter/defender. But again you can't argue that team would get beat by anyone....any 5 of all time greats would beat any currently constructed teams.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You actually would leave Magic off your all-time team? You are the one that deserves that confused face. That is crazy. 

It's called all-time team....not list. If I'm playing 80's rules and without the focus of the 3pt line and the physical game I want Magic over Lebron....and I might choose Bill Russell over Olajuwan...but if I'm playing today's game...I want another shooter....and I favor Lebron playing the point over Magic.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Ok...I love my Hoosiers but now I know your high lol. Anyways I'm sure just about any team with Magic and Jordan would win....but I feel you could say that with Lebron and Jordan too. Your team is great...and wouldn't lose...I just think it could be better if you diversify your roster. Some times having the best 5 players doesn't make the best team is all I was saying. You want guys that compliment the game of the other guys and would play off them improving the synergy of the team. To me Lebron=Magic. No need for both because if you have one then you take away the best thing about the other and your making the other unnecessary....try to make Lebron or Magic a stand in place player that doesn't handle the ball defeats what they do best. If I was you I would drop Lebron then and add another shooter/defender. But again you can't argue that team would get beat by anyone....any 5 of all time greats would beat any currently constructed teams.

Larry is my shooter so why? I guess I could put Larry at the SF and Dirk at PF for 3's LOL. No way is Magic not on the 1st team though.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's called all-time team....not list. If I'm playing 80's rules and without the focus of the 3pt line and the physical game I want Magic over Lebron....and I might choose Bill Russell over Olajuwan...but if I'm playing today's game...I want another shooter....and I favor Lebron playing the point over Magic.

LeBron is great but NO, he isn't the passer or leader Magic was. It isnt even about 80's rules, Magic would dominate today. 

How about something more interesting. Best team of dunkers? Best team of shooters? Best team of passers? The discussion of best players etc is pretty cut and dry...but I like to construct the greatest 80's team vs 90's team vs 00's etc and so on.....otherwise every team would be Magic, Larry, Jordan, Kareem, and Kobe/Lebron. :default_20smile:

• Like 1

How about something more interesting. Best team of dunkers? Best team of shooters? Best team of passers? The discussion of best players etc is pretty cut and dry...but I like to construct the greatest 80's team vs 90's team vs 00's etc and so on.....otherwise every team would be Magic, Larry, Jordan, Kareem, and Kobe/Lebron. :default_20smile:

Imagine a team with Drexler, Jordan, DR J, K Malone, and Shaq on it haha That would be the re-born of Phi Slama Jama lmao Not sure Drexler could play PG though :funny:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is great but NO, he isn't the passer or leader Magic was. It isnt even about 80's rules, Magic would dominate today. 

So Lebron hasn't led his team to how many consecutive championship appearances? We all have discussed this to no end....but I don't see many things that Magic could do that Lebron couldn't....offensive IQs both off the charts and both make passes and plays no one else can. You can't go wrong with either...there is no doubt though that they would not be nearly as great on the same team though as they play the same position and play the game the same way (ball dominant/facilitator)....you play them both together you are taking the strength of one away from them. I have no problem you leaving Lebron off your team for Magic...but I also don't think it is crazy not to construct a team with Magic off either.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine a team with Drexler, Jordan, DR J, K Malone, and Shaq on it haha That would be the re-born of Phi Slama Jama lmao Not sure Drexler could play PG though :funny:

My dunk team would be

PG:Lebron

SG:Jordan

SF:Wilkins (in game dunker > V. Carter)

PF:Dr J

C:D. Dawkins (although I concede Shaq should be here but I can't leave Chocolate Thunder off an alltime dunk list lol)

• Thanks 1

So Lebron hasn't led his team to how many consecutive championship appearances? We all have discussed this to no end....but I don't see many things that Magic could do that Lebron couldn't....offensive IQs both off the charts and both make passes and plays no one else can. You can't go wrong with either...there is no doubt though that they would not be nearly as great on the same team though as they play the same position and play the game the same way (ball dominant/facilitator)....you play them both together you are taking the strength of one away from them. I have no problem you leaving Lebron off your team for Magic...but I also don't think it is crazy not to construct a team with Magic off either.

LeBron is great and went to 8 Finals in a row but Magic went to 9 in 12 years and won 5, LeBron won 3. The only blemish where you could say Magic messed up was -he lost to Houston in 1986 but that team did have Hakeem and Ralph playing out of his rear. LeBron lost to the Mavs who had Dirk and Jason Terry in 2011 - that is worse right? LeBron even had Wade and Bosh in their prime that season. When Magic lost in the Finals, he lost to really great teams like Philly, Boston, and Detroit, and Chicago. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is great and went to 8 Finals in a row but Magic went to 9 in 12 years and won 5, LeBron won 3. The only blemish where you could say Magic messed up was -he lost to Houston in 1986 but that team did have Hakeem and Ralph playing out of his rear. LeBron lost to the Mavs who had Dirk and Jason Terry in 2011 - that is worse right? LeBron even had Wade and Bosh in their prime that season. When Magic lost in the Finals, he lost to really great teams like Philly, Boston, and Detroit, and Chicago. 

Losing doesn't make you less of a leader imo. Do you think Brady is a better leader than Peyton? Give Lebron Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Michael Thompson etc and give Magic Tristen Thompson, Jr Smith, Delavadova, Richard Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Kyrie. Also Lebron was coached by Ty Lue...and Magic by Pat Riley...I'm not going to say one is a better leader....but Lebron has shown he can lead his team time and again and make them better. If there is a difference it isn't much. Lebron took essentially 3 teams to the finals...young Cavs, Heat, and latest Cavs...hard to question his ability to lead even if I can agree I hate how he cries like a baby when he doesn't get a call.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Losing doesn't make you less of a leader imo. Do you think Brady is a better leader than Peyton? Give Lebron Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Michael Thompson etc and give Magic Tristen Thompson, Jr Smith, Delavadova, Richard Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Kyrie. Also Lebron was coached by Ty Lue...and Magic by Pat Riley...I'm not going to say one is a better leader....but Lebron has shown he can lead his team time and again and make them better. If there is a difference it isn't much. Lebron took essentially 3 teams to the finals...young Cavs, Heat, and latest Cavs...hard to question his ability to lead even if I can agree I hate how he cries like a baby when he doesn't get a call.

LeBron is Great and I actually would take him 4th in an all-time Draft. I would take Jordan, Magic, and Kareem over him, maybe Shaq and that is about it. Bird was probably just as great but LeBron is like Drago lmao just so physically gifted, what ever he hits, he destroys :thmup:. Lakers look good this year as I predicted. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man you are right there, Wilkins was the man, so was Carter and Dawkins.

Wilkins was my favorite player growing up. Everyone else was Jordan fans but I loved Nique! Original Human Highlight film! I think he is one of those forgotten greats...got lost in the Bird, Magic, Jordan era.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is Great and I actually would take him 4th in an all-time Draft. I would take Jordan, Magic, and Kareem over him, maybe Shaq and that is about it. Bird was probably just as great but LeBron is like Drago lmao just so physically gifted, what ever he hits, he destroys :thmup:. Lakers look good this year as I predicted. 

I still think the Lakers fall back to like 7th/8th seed and might get squeezed out of the playoffs. I just don't trust the cast around him. Once the Warriors and others get their act together I don't see Lebron being enough to carry that team...just not enough shooting. They need to trade Ball for a shooter.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wilkins was my favorite player growing up. Everyone else was Jordan fans but I loved Nique! Original Human Highlight film! I think he is one of those forgotten greats...got lost in the Bird, Magic, Jordan era.

I liked Wilkins as well, he was such a great athlete. I was hoping the Hawks could pieces around him to win, they really never did. I liked Malone with Utah as well and he had Stock but they needed 1 more star to beat Jordan, never happened.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I still think the Lakers fall back to like 7th/8th seed and might get squeezed out of the playoffs. I just don't trust the cast around him. Once the Warriors and others get their act together I don't see Lebron being enough to carry that team...just not enough shooting. They need to trade Ball for a shooter.

I think LA finishes in the Top 4, the LeBron factor is why. See I do not hate him lmao 

• Like 1

Cavs trade George Hill and Sam Dekker to Milwaukee for Jordan Henson, Mathew Dellavedova and two 2021 draft picks (apparently a '1' and a '2')

Good for Hill.....actually good for both sides.

Dellavedova was very popular in Cleveland and Sam Dekker played at Wisconsin, right?

Good stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

112-90 final......without Oladipo and Sabonis

Bogdonavic with 26..

O'Quinn   12 points/10 rebounds/2 blocks....in 27 minutes..outstanding

Cant do much better than that:thmup:

Bog is having arguably an all star caliber year. Can't think many threes are playing as well as him. Guy gets 20+ almost nightly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Bog is having arguably an all star caliber year. Can't think many threes are playing as well as him. Guy gets 20+ almost nightly.

This is the Bogy we need when Vic gets back. The guy can score the ball Ive been saying it since we signed him. He was the top scorer in the Olympics. He's found a comfort level in Indy I think we are going to see his best ball more consistently this year. Vic being out and Bogy stepping up could really benefit this team in the long run. He has the skill it's  all about comfort and confidence for Bogy IMO.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

This is the Bogy we need when Vic gets back. The guy can score the ball Ive been saying it since we signed him. He was the top scorer in the Olympics. He's found a comfort level in Indy I think we are going to see his best ball more consistently this year. Vic being out and Bogy stepping up could really benefit this team in the long run. He has the skill it's  all about comfort and confidence for Bogy IMO.  

ak

I wonder if Bogdonavic would be better off if he played on the second team where he'd be a featured scorer.  No knock on either player..but Vic needs to go 1-on-1 a lot and all he needs is a spot shooter (like McDermott) .

I think Bogdonavic defers to Vic and on the second team he wouldn't have to. He was featured in the Olympics..I know he could score 15-20 a game for us (he's doing that with Vic out) .  McDermott would hurts the first team defensively but he'd get open shots and we tend to start game slowly

A second team of Sabonis, Bogdonavic, Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans and Holiday or TJ Leaf (depending on whether we want to go big or small) could be very productive

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

15-10 is respectable through 25 games especially considering Vic has been out for a while.

I almost feel like the season hasn't really begun for us....At five over .500 we're in position.

But what we're in position for depends on when Vic comes back..

..and the longer he's out the more I think some type of surgery is coming

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I almost feel like the season hasn't really begun for us....At five over .500 we're in position.

But what we're in position for depends on when Vic comes back..

..and the longer he's out the more I think some type of surgery is coming

What's great is everyone in the East is beatable now without LeBron around. If Vic can get healthy we have a shot to go deep.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's great is everyone in the East is beatable now without LeBron around. If Vic can get healthy we have a shot to go deep.

I hope I'm wrong and one day Vic jumps up and is ready to go....

…..I just don't think a 'sore knee' keeps you out 3 weeks

But I agree...Toronto looks good but Boston is having problems deciding who does what and Joel Embid apparently isn't happy in how he's being used with Jimmy Butler there.

What ever that means.

Washington is broken down. Detroit and Miami are what they were last year.

Milwaukee is no better than we are..with Vic

Obviously, the Cavs and Bulls are looking to 2020.

Can we get a 3-4 seed?

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But I agree...Toronto looks good but Boston is having problems deciding who does what and Joel Embid apparently isn't happy in how he's being used with Jimmy Butler there.

What ever that means.

Can we get a 3-4 seed?

If Vic comes back I think we make the Top 4. I just think the Pacers are being cautious with him. They actually can because they have depth and it is so early in the season.

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

What ever that means.

Can we get a 3-4 seed?

I think Vics injury is a little more serious than we're being told. 3+ weeks for just a sore knee? Must've bruised the hell out of it or something.

• Like 1