Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We just kicked Philly's butt in Philly. Now just a half game back of the Bucks for 2nd in the East. 19-10 and rolling. We are definitely for real and the league will be forced to live with it and take notice. Everytime ESPN or the NBA Network mentions teams in the East, they leave us out. Those times are coming to an end :thmup:

ESPN Saturday morning sports 'lead stories:'

GSW wins.....Boston wins....Toronto wins

Giannis scores 40 in win...Embid scores 40 in loss..

Our time is coming

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

After watching my Hoosiers hit the game winner at the buzzer on Saturday I had to go back and watch one of my other favorite Hoosiers game winner.....good ol Victor. So glad he is back!!

I was at the game Saturday. It was crazy after Phinisee hit that shot.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I was at the game Saturday. It was crazy after Phinisee hit that shot.

I wish I could have been able to go! I was so angry at home we ran off a terrible screen in getting Romeo the ball...I mean he got held and pushed but no ref is going to call that...and I was like "You gotta go!!"...then Robert made a nice cut and bailed us out. He has been so clutch this year! I posted a video in the College basketball thread...since you were there I want to know if you heard the same music in the video?? Would have been pretty epic!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I wish I could have been able to go! I was so angry at home we ran off a terrible screen in getting Romeo the ball...I mean he got held and pushed but no ref is going to call that...and I was like "You gotta go!!"...then Robert made a nice cut and bailed us out. He has been so clutch this year! I posted a video in the College basketball thread...since you were there I want to know if you heard the same music in the video?? Would have been pretty epic!

Yea that play was a mess. There were way too many guys around the ball and no one was really moving after the initial screens were set. Devonte just held the ball and I said the same thing in that they had to go and why he gave it to Rob when Romeo was right there was beyond me, but it worked. 

Man it was so loud after the shot was made, so I don't recall hearing any music. The funny thing is I sat in the Butler section, about 10 rows up from the floor, and their faces were priceless. I went with 2 friends of mine, one whom is the Asst. AD at Butler who got us the tickets, and they were so deflated afterwards. Outside of the 06' AFCCG, that might have been the second best sporting event I've been to. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cavs (without 3 starters) 92, Pacers 91

Might be time to let Vic know its OK if he goes back to dominating the ball and scoring 25 a night

37 of 93 from the floor.....starters  23 of 60  

how many free throws can we miss?

cant lose at home like this

I'm going to go lie down:groan:

Worse loss of the season but it's just 1 of 82. Still surprised we lost this one.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yea that play was a mess. There were way too many guys around the ball and no one was really moving after the initial screens were set. Devonte just held the ball and I said the same thing in that they had to go and why he gave it to Rob when Romeo was right there was beyond me, but it worked. 

Man it was so loud after the shot was made, so I don't recall hearing any music. The funny thing is I sat in the Butler section, about 10 rows up from the floor, and their faces were priceless. I went with 2 friends of mine, one whom is the Asst. AD at Butler who got us the tickets, and they were so deflated afterwards. Outside of the 06' AFCCG, that might have been the second best sporting event I've been to. 

No the music thing was a joke. SOmeone made a video of the game winning shot to the tune of Celine Dion...I posted in the other thread...pretty funny lol. I felt for Butler..they outplayed us honestly...but this team won’t give up. Archie is doing great. Got Dale Davis kid Trayce to commit a few weeks ago. Another 5* Keion Brooks Jr is supposedly ready to commit as well. Add Romeo and Robert Phinesee and Damezi Anderson and we’ve got commits from probably the best 5 players in the state last two years. Add Armaan Franklin as well and that’s a great haul. I don’t see any mr basketballs leaving the state for a long time.

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I hate larry nance so much 

I thought Myles did a good defensive job against Hood on the shot..

..and it would be hard to have Sabonis in there....with Thad..we didn't get the rebound.

Somebody got knocked down and Nance (I hate him, too) is a good rebounder...

but 93 shots and we only made 37..

Vic had a bad night. Still waiting on Tyreke Evans

Edited by oldunclemark

Two horrible losses in a row for this team after that great stretch. Losing to one of the worst teams yesterday at home, and then leading by 17 and by 13 in the 4th and losing this game to the Raptors. 

The 4th quarter offense was awful and the turnovers are ridiculous. 

Hopefully we get back on track against the Nets on Friday.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2 tough losses in a row. We controlled this game up until the 4th Qtr. I didn't see the last play but it sounds like Bogey got fouled and nothing was called. 2 nights in a row we didn't get the call at the end. Nance fouled Dipo last night as well at the end. 

You probably saw that the NBA issued one of their heart-warming post-game ref reports saying that Nance fould Vic at the end of the Cleveland game.

They'll probbaly spit out another one for the foul on Bogdonavich.

But our guys fumbled the ball away in the fourth quarter.

Just bad for a veteran team.

Got to stamp out this losing 'streak' Friday before it grows

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You probably saw that the NBA issued one of their heart-warming post-game ref reports saying that Nance fould Vic at the end of the Cleveland game.

They'll probbaly spit out another one for the foul on Bogdonavich.

But our guys fumbled the ball away in the fourth quarter.

Just bad for a veteran team.

Got to stamp out this losing 'streak' Friday before it grows

I still think we will be fine but it does suck to lose 2 in a row like that.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we will be fine but it does suck to lose 2 in a row like that.

In the overall scheme of things..the loss to Cleveland at home was worse...

…...Losing on the road to the top seed is not a black mark..

...But we don't play any rookies or second year players at all....we have experienced guys

All those turnovers....Ugly with a capital UGH

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 9:45 AM, oldunclemark said:

In the overall scheme of things..the loss to Cleveland at home was worse...

…...Losing on the road to the top seed is not a black mark..

The other side of that is:

If you are one of the many who claimed that taking the Cavs to game 7 last season was going to do allot to lure free agents to Indiana, recent losses have negated that.   Losing to the Raptors was a missed opportunity.   Losing to the media favorite Lakers was a missed opportunity.   Had the Pacers won those 2 games, they would be talked about much more nationally.  

I'm just saying that losing the "high profile" games hurts in other ways than just 1 loss.

That said, I think the Pacers will be in contention for that 4th seed all season.   Should be a good race.  

image.png.a5aab47d5a090b55ddd80b97bdf35cb8.png

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

If you are one of the many who claimed that taking the Cavs to game 7 last season was going to do allot to lure free agents to Indiana, recent losses have negated that.   Losing to the Raptors was a missed opportunity.   Losing to the media favorite Lakers was a missed opportunity.   Had the Pacers won those 2 games, they would be talked about much more nationally.  

I'm just saying that losing the "high profile" games hurts in other ways than just 1 loss.

That said, I think the Pacers will be in contention for that 4th seed all season.   Should be a good race.  

Boston will probably move up once they figure it out. I can see them catching fire after the All-Star Break. They are the type of team that can reel off 10 wins in a row at any given time with their talent and Coaching. 

-I think the Bucks are good but not great and I still think we are better than them despite that they have a better record at the moment. We just crushed them last week. I think we finish in the Top 4 and win 50 games like I predicted. We will have our ups and downs like every team does. Lose some we shouldn't and win some we shouldn't. IMO, losing a game to the Lakers or Raptors in December isn't going to sway any Free Agents one way or the other. What you do in the Playoffs does. If we make the ECFinals that will get Free Agents attention. Taking LeBron 7 games did as well. I doubt Evans would've chose us had we not almost beat the Cavs. 

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

Stars want to play with other stars more than just about anything other than money. Unfortunately Victor's health has kept him out of many of the big games this year. If he can develop relationships with some guys might be the only way I can see someone choosing us. In the end most of the time it's money...and just about every team in the league will have max money slots available next offseason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Stars want to play with other stars more than just about anything other than money. Unfortunately Victor's health has kept him out of many of the big games this year. If he can develop relationships with some guys might be the only way I can see someone choosing us. In the end most of the time it's money...and just about every team in the league will have max money slots available next offseason.

This. If Vic is 100% healthy going into the Playoffs and we make a deep run, then that will get Free Agents attention. We need to make the ECFinals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I dont understand the concept of how losing in the first round brings free agents to Indiana

I'll say it again. We didnt win anything last year. We didn't win our division and we didn't win the first round series;

There aren't any high-profile NBA games in December.

And Toronto, as well as they play,  is not a high profile team

We can lose road games in Toronto. We wont make the playoffs losing at home to teams with losing records. Agreed?

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Much needed win, now 21-12 on the season. Vic played his best game since being back from injury. Boston lost again, not sure what is going on with that team at 18-13. Lakers won, Lakers have a better record than Boston at the moment, they are 19-13. 

There are some strange things happening and maybe its just early..

Cavs have wins over us and the 76ers

Milwaukee shouldn't beat Boston like that in Boston...

But we're nine over .500 and we haven't played our best...a good spot to be

…..I get the feeling something is going on with Tyreke Evans that isn't obvious.

We need him to lead that second team

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There are some strange things happening and maybe its just early..

Cavs have wins over us and the 76ers

Milwaukee shouldn't beat Boston like that in Boston...

But we're nine over .500 and we haven't played our best...a good spot to be

…..I get the feeling something is going on with Tyreke Evans that isn't obvious.

We need him to lead that second team

I didn't think the Rockets would be struggling like they are either. CP3 is now out for 2-3 weeks with a Hamstring pull. If the Playoffs ended today, the Rockets wouldn't make it at 16-15. Currently we are the 3rd Seed in the East at 21-12 tied with Philly, I will take it as of now.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:39 PM, oldunclemark said:

I dont understand the concept of how losing in the first round brings free agents to Indiana

I'll say it again. We didnt win anything last year. We didn't win our division and we didn't win the first round series;

There aren't any high-profile NBA games in December.

And Toronto, as well as they play,  is not a high profile team

We can lose road games in Toronto. We wont make the playoffs losing at home to teams with losing records. Agreed?

I agree with you.  I'm speaking more to the large number of fans here that claimed that taking the Cavs to 7 games would bring players to Indiana.  If that were true (I don't think it is) then the Pacer s missed a couple opportunities for national exposure.  

• Like 1

Monster OT collapse by the 76ers in OT..  

Sixers up 5..lost by 7    10-0 run at the end

They act like they KNOW they cant beat Bston  121=114

Kyrie had 40 and Ben Simmons 3 -of-7 from the line with 11 points and 4 turnovers

the more I see this matchup ....the worse it looks for the 76ers

Not even midseason BUT...

Pacers (22-12)  playing 11  games without Vic

Philadelphia (22-13)  even with Jimmy B