Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

On 12/8/2018 at 7:11 AM, oldunclemark said:

ak

I wonder if Bogdonavic would be better off if he played on the second team where he'd be a featured scorer.  No knock on either player..but Vic needs to go 1-on-1 a lot and all he needs is a spot shooter (like McDermott) .

I think Bogdonavic defers to Vic and on the second team he wouldn't have to. He was featured in the Olympics..I know he could score 15-20 a game for us (he's doing that with Vic out) .  McDermott would hurts the first team defensively but he'd get open shots and we tend to start game slowly

A second team of Sabonis, Bogdonavic, Cory Joseph, Tyreke Evans and Holiday or TJ Leaf (depending on whether we want to go big or small) could be very productive

That's makes sense if Bogy buys in but I remember starting just the opportunity to be part of the first 5 was important to him. I think it was one of the big reasons he signed here. We could get him minutes as the primary scorer with the second unit while keeping him with the first unit. Hopefully he and Vic will continue to mesh if and when Vic gets back. The time he's been out with a sore knee is concerning. 

Evans has really been a disappointment for me. I was excited about what he could bring but haven't seen it. Have you seen what Alize Johnson has been doing up in Ft Wayne? 

Looks like that kid down in Bloomington can play a little ball. He may have a future 

https://8points9seconds.com/2018/11/30/indiana-pacers-alize-johnson-dominating/

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Great game by Myles and a good win!

Yeah very nice win again without Vic. We are now 17-10 and 4th in the East. Turner dominated tonight! 26 Points, 12 Rebounds, and according to Mark Boyle he had 6 Blocks. The Box Score is only showing 5 for some reason. I was listening to the post game at work on the radio.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, 21isSuperman said:

In his last 7 games, Turner has been averaging 14 points and 10.4 rebounds.  That's what we need to see from him.  Great to see him putting him double-doubles

Agree...the rebounds and his rim protection are much more important to this team than scoring 20. I'll take 14/10/2 any day of the week!

Pacers dominated the Bucks tonight, Vic in his 1st game back scored 12 Points and grabbed 10 Rebounds. He looked healthy to me tonight and with him back we become more dangerous. We are now 18-10 on the season and only a half game back from the 2 Seed. I think there is very little doubt this team will win 50 games fairly easily if they stay healthy. They are on pace to win 53 as of now. 

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agree...the rebounds and his rim protection are much more important to this team than scoring 20. I'll take 14/10/2 any day of the week!

Ehhh... not for 18M/year. There's no reason/excuse he's not a 20 and 10+ guy to go with his defensive ability.

48 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Turner again playing great!! Where are all his haters at??

Calm down buttercup.. His second 20 point game and it took him 22 shots to get there. He should be averaging 15'ish shots a night at least and stay aggressive on the offensive side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Ehhh... not for 18M/year. There's no reason/excuse he's not a 20 and 10+ guy to go with his defensive ability.

Calm down buttercup.. His second 20 point game and it took him 22 shots to get there. He should be averaging 15'ish shots a night at least and stay aggressive on the offensive side. 

Oh stop it. Myles does not need to average 20 to earn his contract. Anything he provides on offense is a bonus as he earns his contract by being a top 3 rim protecter in this league. People are scared to get in the paint against him.

Last years DPOY Rudy Gobert only averaged 13 and 10 and he's earned his 22 million dollar contract just as much as Myles has earned his 20. If Myles keeps having games like he's had these last two, his contract is a huge bargain.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Oh stop it. Myles does not need to average 20 to earn his contract. Anything he provides on offense is a bonus as he earns his contract by being a top 3 rim protecter in this league. People are scared to get in the paint against him.

Last years DPOY Rudy Gobert only averaged 13 and 10 and he's earned his 22 million dollar contract just as much as Myles has earned his 20. If Myles keeps having games like he's had these last two, his contract is a huge bargain.

For me I find it hard to complain about anything about the Pacers this season so far. We are 18-10 and Vic missed 11 games. We are only a half game out of the 2nd Seed in the East. Just won 5 in a row now and Vic is back and looked healthy tonight. The Pacers have a Very Good young nucleus in Dipo, Turner, and Sabonis. Why can't some people just appreciate it. By the way I would take Turner over Gobert anyday and Gobert makes much more money. They are both pretty even Defensively and Scoring but the difference is, Turner is 4 years younger. That is huge. 

-One more thing I want to add, Turner can stretch the floor, Gobert can't. Turner can hit the 3 now and then, Gobert can't. I am ok with Turner's contract.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

You don't pay $18 mil in today's NBA for rim protection.  He does need to contribute more offensively, which he has been doing.  His play at the beginning of the year was awful and he deserved all the criticism he got.  His play in the last few games has improved, which is great to see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

You don't pay $18 mil in today's NBA for rim protection.  He does need to contribute more offensively, which he has been doing.  His play at the beginning of the year was awful and he deserved all the criticism he got.  His play in the last few games has improved, which is great to see

18 Mill is not alot for a Center that is arguably the best Rim Protector in the league and by the way he can score which he averages 13 Points for his career. 

*Lets put this in perspective regarding Turner's contract:

-Brook freakin Lopez just had a 22.6 Million a year contract at age 30

-Dwight Howard 23.5 Million a year at age 33 now

-Al Horford 27.7 Million a year at age 32 now

-Paul Millsap 31.3 Million a year at age 32 now

-Rudy Gobert 22.7 Million a year at age 26 now

-Steven Adams 24.1 Million a year at age 26 now

-Myles Turner 18 Million a year at the age 22, Turner is better than all of these guys and makes much less money. You Turner haters kill me. Turner just got this contract too, these other guys got their's years ago. We are damn lucky that Turner didn't want like 22 or 23 Million a year with the way the market is. We got a steal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is 2018, not 1999.

• Thanks 1

Who would win the 2002 3-Peat Lakers or the 2018 Warriors? I would roll with Shaq and Kobe. Horry and Fischer could hit 3's all day too. Lakers could put Horry on Durant as he was just as tall and lengthy. Shaq would average 35 a game vs the Warriors and Kobe would destroy Klay Thompson. Curry would get his but LA would prevail. Phil is a better a Coach than Kerr to boot. 

10 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

You might want a slightly upgraded Roy Hibbert, but I don't. Why should we not expect him to be premier on both sides? That's not much to ask, especially when he has the ability to be a good scoring big man. 

And Rudy didn't deserve that contract either. I'd take Turner over him just based off his potential on the offensive side. Rudy can't shoot and stretch the floor like Myles can. 

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

18 Mill is not alot for a Center that is arguably the best Rim Protector in the league and by the way he can score which he averages 13 Points for his career. 

*Lets put this in perspective regarding Turner's contract:

-Brook freakin Lopez just had a 22.6 Million a year contract at age 30

-Dwight Howard 23.5 Million a year at age 33 now

-Al Horford 27.7 Million a year at age 32 now

-Paul Millsap 31.3 Million a year at age 32 now

-Rudy Gobert 22.7 Million a year at age 26 now

-Steven Adams 24.1 Million a year at age 26 now

-Myles Turner 18 Million a year at the age 22, Turner is better than all of these guys and makes much less money. You Turner haters kill me. Turner just got this contract too, these other guys got their's years ago. We are damn lucky that Turner didn't want like 22 or 23 Million a year with the way the market is. We got a steal.

And here you go...

In their primes, I'd EASILY take Lopez (before the injuries), Howard, Horford, and Milsap(he's a SF who plays PF) over Turner. Stop being a homer. All 4 were much better all around players than Turner. 

Turner has the potential to be a Pau Gasol type player on the offensive side. 

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is 2018, not 1999.

Exactly Francis, teams aren't just scoring 90 points a game anymore, you know like in 1999...

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

You might want a slightly upgraded Roy Hibbert, but I don't. Why should we not expect him to be premier on both sides? That's not much to ask, especially when he has the ability to be a good scoring big man. 

And Rudy didn't deserve that contract either. I'd take Turner over him just based off his potential on the offensive side. Rudy can't shoot and stretch the floor like Myles can. 

And here you go...

In their primes, I'd EASILY take Lopez (before the injuries), Howard, Horford, and Milsap(he's a SF who plays PF) over Turner. Stop being a homer. All 4 were much better all around players than Turner. 

Exactly Francis, teams aren't just scoring 90 points a game anymore, you know like in 1999...

Players are not scoring when Turner guards them so he is earning every dollar he makes. Your dislike for him is over shadowing reality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

And here you go...

I am not a homer on this one. You missed my point completely. After all of the guys I mentioned with the contracts they got you still do not get it?? Turner could've easily got 22 or 23 Mill from a team had he chose to play the FA market. 18 Mill is peanuts. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who would win the 2002 3-Peat Lakers or the 2018 Warriors? I would roll with Shaq and Kobe. Horry and Fischer could hit 3's all day too. Lakers could put Horry on Durant as he was just as tall and lengthy. Shaq would average 35 a game vs the Warriors and Kobe would destroy Klay Thompson. Curry would get his but LA would prevail. Phil is a better a Coach than Kerr to boot. 

Shaq would be the difference in that series, but I think GS would negate him by going small and making him run. Horry wasn't much of a defender, so no he wouldn't do much to stop Durant. Klay is easily a top-5 defender at his position, right there with Butler, so I think he would be a good match-up for Kobe and vice-versa. I don't think Fisher could keep up with Curry. 

It would be an interesting series, and one that I would favor 60/40 to GS. 

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Shaq would be the difference in that series, but I think GS would negate him by going small and making him run. Horry wasn't much of a defender, so no he wouldn't do much to stop Durant. Klay is easily a top-5 defender at his position, right there with Butler, so I think he would be a good match-up for Kobe and vice-versa. I don't think Fisher could keep up with Curry. 

It would be an interesting series, and one that I would favor 60/40 to GS. 

That is fair but I would favor LA 55/45. I say LA in 7. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a homer on this one. You missed my point completely. After all of the guys I mentioned with the contracts they got you still do not get it?? Turner could've easily got 22 or 23 Mill from a team had he chose to play the FA market. 18 Mill is peanuts. 

He got 18M because he's still a one-trick pony for the most part. Your point was extremely muddied by the fact you pulled guys past, some way past, their primes and said "look, their salaries are higher we got a steal". I didn't miss your point, Turner isn't and hasn't been as good as those guys to earn the contract they are getting. Most of those guys got those contract's 3+ years ago, again while they were at the tail-end of their peak. 

11 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Your point was extremely muddied by the fact you pulled guys past, some way past, their primes and said "look, their salaries are higher we got a steal". I didn't miss your point, Turner isn't and hasn't been as good as those guys to earn the contract they are getting. Most of those guys got those contract's 3+ years ago, again while they were at the tail-end of their peak. 

Turner took alot less than those guys and he is a Very Good player. Ok he isn't Great but the way the market is today his contract IMO makes sense for us. Like I said he probably could've got 22 mill at worse from a team that needs a Center badly. 

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Your point was extremely muddied by the fact you pulled guys past, some way past, their primes and said "look, their salaries are higher we got a steal". I didn't miss your point, Turner isn't and hasn't been as good as those guys to earn the contract they are getting. Most of those guys got those contract's 3+ years ago, again while they were at the tail-end of their peak. 

You are overlooking that salaries have gone way up over the last couple of years. As long as the NBA makes money off teams paying them their so called "luxury tax" going over their joke of salary cap, salaries will continue to rise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are overlooking that salaries have gone way up over the last couple of years. As long as the NBA makes money off teams paying them their so called "luxury tax" going over their joke of salary cap, salaries will continue to rise.

You helped explain it more for me, thanks again. If the guys I mentioned got the huge contracts they got 3 or 4 years ago then that makes Turner's look like peanuts. I can't believe some people can not see that. 

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Players are not scoring when Turner guards them so he is earning every dollar he makes. Your dislike for him is over shadowing reality.

Lopez - 15

Vucevic - 22 

Markkanen - 21 

That's just the last 3 of 5 games from the other teams big's. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You helped explain it more for me, thanks again. If the guys I mentioned got the huge contracts they got 3 or 4 years ago then that makes Turner's look like peanuts. I can't believe some people can not see that. 

What part of Turner not being as good (at the time those guys got those contracts) as them did you miss...? NBA contracts are fully guaranteed, which I'm sure you know, and I'm sure their respective teams would rather not pay those guys that much now, but they got what they earned from their play at that time they signed their contracts. 

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't disagree and I'm with you, from previous posts, that the NBA needs a hardcap of some sort. 

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I don't disagree and I'm with you, from previous posts, that the NBA needs a hardcap of some sort. 

IMO the NBA has become a big money grab. Having a cap is a joke.

It hurts the Pacers because our owner refuses to pay the NBA millions of dollars to buy a team that can compete with teams like Golden State.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Lopez - 15

Vucevic - 22 

Markkanen - 21 

That's just the last 3 of 5 games from the other teams big's. 

What part of Turner not being as good (at the time those guys got those contracts) as them did you miss...? NBA contracts are fully guaranteed, which I'm sure you know, and I'm sure their respective teams would rather not pay those guys that much now, but they got what they earned from their play at that time they signed their contracts. 

You do realize that Turner isn't even in the Top 50 players paid in the league even with his new contract - he wont be next year either looking at the list. I just looked it up which makes our deal even look much better. Enes Kanter makes slightly more going by Turner's contract now lmao. It's not like we are paying Turner top 10 money or even top 50 money. I think we did well on his deal so we will just have to agree to disagree on this. I would love it if he would score more of course and if we were paying him Rudy Gobert money I would be critical of him but we aren't. Gobert is the 31st highest paid player in the league. 

13 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Just so you know....18m for a starting player in the NBA not on his rookie deal is a steal! I mean there are guys robbing their teams blind with 30 and 40 million dollar contracts...that's not even half!! It's the new NBA...you either get paid big money or peanuts. To get him on a middle of the road salary was very shrewed move imo. I mean we are paying Tyreke Evans like 12 mil. Guys like Ryan Anderson are making over 20 million. I'm sure you can find some better deals in the league (Lou Williams for one) but not many. It's a fair contract and no he doesn't need to avg 20 pts (although it would be nice). When Victor is back we just don't run a lot of offense through and for Turner. If he was to avg 15pts and 10 rebs and 2 blocks...I'd say we would be thrilled. He isn't Anthony Davis....he isn't the focal point and he isn't making 30-40 mill like John Wall. He also plays with the first unit. Guys like Sabonis have a lot more plays run for him with the second unit so scoring comes easier...defense and rebounding are more important than scoring for this team. We've got player that can help put the ball in the basket (Mcbuckets, Sabonis, Collison, Bogs).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You do realize that Turner isn't even in the Top 50 players paid in the league even with his new contract - he wont be next year either looking at the list. I just looked it up which makes our deal even look much better. Enes Kanter makes slightly more going by Turner's contract now lmao. It's not like we are paying Turner top 10 money or even top 50 money. I think we did well on his deal so we will just have to agree to disagree on this. I would love it if he would score more of course and if we were paying him Rudy Gobert money I would be critical of him but we aren't. Gobert is the 31st highest paid player in the league. 

I think Myles can be one of the better offensive big men in the league, McMillan and the other coaches just haven't figured out how to get it out of him consistently. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I think Myles can be one of the better offensive big men in the league, McMillan and the other coaches just haven't figured out how to get it out of him consistently. 

I agree, I do get frustrated myself when Turner scores like 8 Points and grabs 6 Boards but even in those games he usually has like 4 Blocks and plays Great D at least. You did get me on one thing last year, when you said the OKC experiment wouldn't work. I thought it would but with Melo on the team I should've known better. He is such a chemistry wrecker. I still think PG is a Great player though and I have no hate toward him. His trade gave us Vic and Sabonis so sometimes things work out for the better :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fair but I would favor LA 55/45. I say LA in 7. 

I'd say that series would be over in 6. Healthy GS easily. GS would pull Shaq out to the 3pt line....I mean no way he can hedge on Curry and Durant. Then GS would pull hack a shaq to limit him. The game is just played differently. I give Kobe and Shaq credit to figure a way to win a couple but they have no one to guard Curry/Durant. It just isn't a good matchup. A better matchup would be Shaq/Kobe vs 90s Bulls imo. That would be a closer series. I think a better matchup would the Lebron/Wade Heat vs GS. I would actually like to see the 90's Pistons go up against GS. That is a team that I think could physically impose themselves on GS...but had guys like Dumars and others that could defend (Rodman vs KD) and I think Isiah could expose Curry's defense! A good matchup of opposites....finesse vs will.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I do get frustrated myself when Turner scores like 8 Points and grabs 6 Boards but even in those games he usually has like 4 Blocks and plays Great D at least. You did get me on one thing last year, when you said the OKC experiment wouldn't work. I thought it would but with Melo on the team I should've known better. He is such a chemistry wrecker. I still think PG is a Great player though and I have no hate toward him. His trade gave us Vic and Sabonis so sometimes things work out for the better :thmup:

Melo....imo one of the most over-rated players in NBA history. He just did not make his teams markably better imo. He could score obviously but just didn't elevate his teams much at all.

• Like 2