Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Winners and Losers

WINNERS 

Bucs

Trading down to 12 gaining 2 2nds and getting one of the best interior DL to fix their Run D

Colts

Getting 3 2nds to go along with the best OG prospect the last 15+ years 

Cardinals

Trading up to get the best QB in the Draft IMO. He will be the starter by week 3.

Packers 

Landing a future 1st and still getting one of the top Corners in the Draft

LOSERS

Steelers 

Taking a 3rd to 4th Rounder is insanity 

Saints 

Losing a future 1st for a project DL 

You gotta add the Browns into the mix.  This is going to sound homerish but the way this draft has played out plays right into the colts hands.  The prospect of potentially adding Hernandez to Nelson and Kelly is tantalizing!! Landry and Jackson both being available!! DJ chark and Nick Chubb!! I’m so pumped for tomorrow!! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

You gotta add the Browns into the mix.  This is going to sound homerish but the way this draft has played out plays right into the colts hands.  The prospect of potentially adding Hernandez to Nelson and Kelly is tantalizing!! Landry and Jackson both being available!! DJ chark and Nick Chubb!! I’m so pumped for tomorrow!! 

:thmup:

Another loser is Miami. Cards traded right over them for Rosen. They get a guy in Fiztpatrick who isn't great at any one position and is just more uncertainty on their team. Derwin James or a CB would of been better IMO. They may not get Rudolph either next round. Biggest losers so far IMO.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

Add the Colts to losers for turning down adding 2 seconds and still picking up Edmunds for a guard.

How do you know what was offered to the Colts? Ballard was not specific on who and what was offered.

If you think the Colts are losers because they picked a day one starter (maybe the best player in the draft) and also 2 second round picks then I question your ability to know the difference between winners and losers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Add Seahawks to Loser list: Way overreach for Penny

Not to sure about that.  Watched a bit of SDSU football.  Penny had over 1,000 rushing yards while splitting time with Pumphrey.  This year, had over 2,000 yards rushing and receiving.  Main worry was speed, but ran under 4.5 in 40 at combine

Seahawks are losers. Biggest reach in recent draft memory. You pass over Guice and Michel for Penny? They don’t draft a lot in the first round, but when they do it’s a bad pick. Schneider shouldn’t be around in another year or so. The Seahawks haven’t hit on anything noteworthy in the draft since 2012.

11 hours ago, ty4atd said:

Add the Colts to losers for turning down adding 2 seconds and still picking up Edmunds for a guard.

I wouldn't say we lost.  We got one of the 3 best players in the draft, not at 3, but at 6.  Good value and helps our team and the O-line

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

How do you know what was offered to the Colts? Ballard was not specific on who and what was offered.

If you think the Colts are losers because they picked a day one starter (maybe the best player in the draft) and also 2 second round picks then I question your ability to know the difference between winners and losers.

I guess I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if the Bills didn't offer us the same for #6 as they did for 10. I also don't really count the 2nd rounders we got from the Jets since we got those before the draft but counting those it's a lot better.

4 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

I guess I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if the Bills didn't offer us the same for #6 as they did for 10. I also don't really count the 2nd rounders we got from the Jets since we got those before the draft but counting those it's a lot better.

You have to count the 2 #2 picks. If not we would have been picking at #3.

Sorry if you took my comment as an insult, I just said what was on my mind at the time.

I also understand picking a guard is not a "sexy" pick but in the state our offensive line has been in for quite a while well, it's been offensive not in a good way. Being rated at the bottom of the league in QB sacks, hits and injuries to our QBs has not been a pretty sight. Add the fact we have also been rated at the bottom of the league in the running game says a lot about what shape this O-line has been over the last few years.

Picking Nelson is a great start to fix those problems. He wont be the total fix but just a cog in the wheel.

No matter who we picked it was imperative we got a starter from day one. Not a player who needed work to become a starter.

What happens tonight is where Ballard has to make picks that will be the future.

I think we were winners on Day 1. We got the 2nd best player in the Draft talent wise and much needed help on the O.Line. We need to protect #12. We could afford to take Nelson because we have 3 2nd Round picks we can use on Defense if we want. If we only had 1 2nd Round pick than I could see people being upset that we didn't go Defense at #6 but Chubb was gone anyway.

4 hours ago, gacker65 said:

Not to sure about that.  Watched a bit of SDSU football.  Penny had over 1,000 rushing yards while splitting time with Pumphrey.  This year, had over 2,000 yards rushing and receiving.  Main worry was speed, but ran under 4.5 in 40 at combine

Not saying he isn't talented, I really liked Penny but they would of been better getting him in the 2nd, they may have had to move up to grab him but they missed out on some other needs they have like OL. They gotta protect Wilson or they will have the same problem we have had

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have to count the 2 #2 picks. If not we would have been picking at #3.

Sorry if you took my comment as an insult, I just said what was on my mind at the time.

I also understand picking a guard is not a "sexy" pick but in the state our offensive line has been in for quite a while well, it's been offensive not in a good way. Being rated at the bottom of the league in QB sacks, hits and injuries to our QBs has not been a pretty sight. Add the fact we have also been rated at the bottom of the league in the running game says a lot about what shape this O-line has been over the last few years.

Picking Nelson is a great start to fix those problems. He wont be the total fix but just a cog in the wheel.

No matter who we picked it was imperative we got a starter from day one. Not a player who needed work to become a starter.

What happens tonight is where Ballard has to make picks that will be the future.

Nelson is a very good player but no guard is worth the number 6 pick. I also don't think our line is as bad as it's made out to be, we throw the deep ball more than anyone in the league and our running game was decent despite old man Gore and Chudd running the most predictable offence in the league. I think the value to trade down or pick up a very good LB is better than a elite G, the only LB now worth one of our 2s is Malik and I'm not sold on him but Hernandez, Williams or Daniels would have been great Gs in round 2. Tonight will be the big night for Indy of the draft I agree, Hopefully we can get someone like Landry Hurst and Josh Jackson and I'll be a much bigger fan of the draft.

9 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Quality over quantity my friend.  

I just don't think Nelson is enough of a upgrade in quality over say Hernandez or James Daniels to miss out on a top prospect at LB, when we probably have the worst LB core in the NFL and still adding quality picks not just late rounders.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

I just don't think Nelson is enough of a upgrade in quality over say Hernandez or James Daniels to miss out on a top prospect at LB, when we probably have the worst LB core in the NFL and still adding quality picks not just late rounders.

We also had one of the worst olines in 2017 (see Andrew Luck) sorry he didnt play in 2017 (see Andrew Luck 2016).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

Nelson is a very good player but no guard is worth the number 6 pick. I also don't think our line is as bad as it's made out to be, we throw the deep ball more than anyone in the league and our running game was decent despite old man Gore and Chudd running the most predictable offence in the league. I think the value to trade down or pick up a very good LB is better than a elite G, the only LB now worth one of our 2s is Malik and I'm not sold on him but Hernandez, Williams or Daniels would have been great Gs in round 2. Tonight will be the big night for Indy of the draft I agree, Hopefully we can get someone like Landry Hurst and Josh Jackson and I'll be a much bigger fan of the draft.

Look, there was a reason our QBs were sacked, hit and injured more than any team in the league. Do you realize how many QBs the Colts have started over the last three seasons?

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look, there was a reason our QBs were sacked, hit and injured more than any team in the league. Do you realize how many QBs the Colts have started over the last three seasons?

I know it's been ugly the line needs upgrades but an elite G won't impact the game like a very good LB and in this draft the Interior OL depth is much better than at LB or other spots it might be the deepest after RBs IMO. I also think our offence loving the deep ball and our QBs holding the ball and not sliding is a huge reason why we've had the injuries.

1 hour ago, ty4atd said:

You make NO sense !

48 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

So you arent ok with a stud OL AT #6, but you are ok throwing away a 2nd on a player with injury issues?

once again, you make NO sense.

42 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

I know it's been ugly the line needs upgrades but an elite G won't impact the game like a very good LB and in this draft the Interior OL depth is much better than at LB or other spots it might be the deepest after RBs IMO. I also think our offence loving the deep ball and our QBs holding the ball and not sliding is a huge reason why we've had the injuries.

OK, if you think so but I been watching the NFL for over 50 years and I know a bad offensive line when I see one. And to be honest, the Colts offensive line has been bad for the last few years. You can blame it on any number of reasons you care to but it does not change anything. The truth will set you free.

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Not saying he isn't talented, I really liked Penny but they would of been better getting him in the 2nd, they may have had to move up to grab him but they missed out on some other needs they have like OL. They gotta protect Wilson or they will have the same problem we have had

IMO, I don't think he would have made it passed the middle of 2nd

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

OK, if you think so but I been watching the NFL for over 50 years and I know a bad offensive line when I see one. And to be honest, the Colts offensive line has been bad for the last few years. You can blame it on any number of reasons you care to but it does not change anything. The truth will set you free.

It's been bad but only accentuated but our philosophy. Adding a good guard which we could get in the 2nd or 3rd round plus the LB in the 1st is better than Nelson and what's left at LB. Losers might have been too much for the Colts but I really think we missed the boat on not trading down or just picking Smith.

Sorry but Nelson was a rock solid pick. You who criticize the pick and suggest trading down to 12 for a couple of additional 2nd rounders are missing a key point: you had no idea what would be left at 12 but there was a good chance that the Colts believed the top players would be gone by then. They were in great shape for day 2 of the draft. Without a killer offer you don’t make that trade. You take a guy that many draft pundits called the top player in the draft and the best O lineman to come down the road in years. I’m very happy with the pick. 

• Thanks 1