Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor [Merge]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor [Merge]

I mean. Yeah its the Browns. And the Browns are ridiculously stupid. But if this is their plan at QB, then they've taken things to a whole different level of ignorance. Tyrod is a decent NFL QB. He's no star, franchise QB though. Screw the mentality of a decent QB who passes the ball 15-20 times a game, but has a great RB who carries it 35 times a game, and in take carries the whole offense. I hate that. Cleveland has a lot of talent up and down their roster. They need Sam Darnold. He's gonna be the best QB from this class IMO. He's the prototypical franchise QB who has all pro potential. JMO.

I see Tyrod Taylor as a solid QB1. I think this means the Browns are going Barkley at 1 and if their QB is there at 4, they get him and can let him sit behind Taylor. If he's not there or if they have too good of a trade offer to refuse, they still have Taylor.

I'm actually impressed with the Browns' offense on paper:

QB: Taylor

RB: Barkley (most likely)

WR: Gordon, Coleman, and Landry

TE: Njoku

I see Landry getting a lot of action with Taylor at QB, but you also have the speed of Coleman and Gordon on the outside. They may really surprise some people this year...

** Note: I'm a bit of a homer for Taylor, as he's from my area and was supposed to play QB at my old high school before moving a few cities over.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I see Tyrod Taylor as a solid QB1. I think this means the Browns are going Barkley at 1 and if their QB is there at 4, they get him and can let him sit behind Taylor. If he's not there or if they have too good of a trade offer to refuse, they still have Taylor.

I see Landry getting a lot of action with Taylor at QB, but you also have the speed of Coleman and Gordon on the outside. They may really surprise some people this year...

** Note: I'm a bit of a homer for Taylor, as he's from my area and was supposed to play QB at my old high school before moving a few cities over.

That is the way I feel

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I mean. Yeah its the Browns. And the Browns are ridiculously stupid. But if this is their plan at QB, then they've taken things to a whole different level of ignorance. Tyrod is a decent NFL QB. He's no star, franchise QB though. Screw the mentality of a decent QB who passes the ball 15-20 times a game, but has a great RB who carries it 35 times a game, and in take carries the whole offense. I hate that. Cleveland has a lot of talent up and down their roster. They need Sam Darnold. He's gonna be the best QB from this class IMO. He's the prototypical franchise QB who has all pro potential. JMO.

Keep in mind that they finally have a great GM in there with John Dorsey. As long as they let him do his thing, they may just become a relevant team again.

They went into this with 12 draft picks this year, which is a lot of draft capital. The Taylor move is actually a really good one as it allows them a ton of flexibility at the top of the draft. They can safely take Barkley at one without worrying about who they can get at QB. If their guy is there at 4, awesome. If not, they've got insurance and aren't forced to reach.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Put Taylor on the most loaded and complete roster in the NFL and they still wouldn't win a SB in the next 5 years. Or IMO even be a top 5 team

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Put Taylor on the most loaded and complete roster in the NFL and they still wouldn't win a SB in the next 5 years. Or IMO even be a top 5 team

The Eagles just won a SB with a very average QB. Worse QB's have won SB's.

Taylor also hasn't had much WR talent around him. His best WR was Watkins until he got injured then traded. Most recently, Zay Jones? Jordan Matthews? Charles Clay? If Hue Jackson can scheme with Taylor in mind and play-call effectively, the Browns could have a very dangerous offense..

It’s been said time and again that Dorsey doesn’t like rookies starting at QB. This may very well be just a veteran QB starting while there rookie sits back and learns. They could still draft a QB at 1 but I bet it’s Barkley and then one of the QB’s at 4

23 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

To me, Darnold is a perfect for the Browns. They've already kicked the tires with the Allens and Mayfields of the world. Their guy is Sam Darnold and they've got to take him.

The bills have a lot of picks to trade up now. Two 1st rounders Two 2nd rounders two 3rd rounders. Let's say they call the colts and say you get 

two 1's

two 2's 

one 3rd

thats hard to turn down

barkleys going 1 

And Giants take Chubb which is becoming more likely

Funny.....the absolutes that are assumed. 

Tyrod Taylor

DeShone Kizer

Cody Kessler

Kevin Hogan

The only way that the Browns will wait till #4 for their QB of the future (assuming they see one in this draft), is that they see a couple of guys as about equal. If they only see 1 as the real deal, why take chance and wait till 4? I dont think Tyrod being acquired means they are set. But.....it is the Browns management.......

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Funny.....the absolutes that are assumed. 

Tyrod Taylor

DeShone Kizer

Cody Kessler

Kevin Hogan

The only way that the Browns will wait till #4 for their QB of the future (assuming they see one in this draft), is that they see a couple of guys as about equal. If they only see 1 as the real deal, why take chance and wait till 4? I dont think Tyrod being acquired means they are set. But.....it is the Browns management.......

I don't think they trade a 3rd rounder just for a 1 yr starter. They could've signed Bradford or McCarron for around same price. They might be setting up too take Barkley and Nelson the drafts two best players. Been reports that their not sold on any of the qbs in the draft.

If they take Barkley at 1 this would be great because you’ve got the giants and then the colts sitting there with two spots prime for the top two qbs and both spots to trade into give a lot of capital to the giants and colts if they both traded out of their respective spots.

14 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

The bills have a lot of picks to trade up now. Two 1st rounders Two 2nd rounders two 3rd rounders. Let's say they call the colts and say you get 

two 1's

two 2's 

one 3rd

thats hard to turn down

barkleys going 1 

And Giants take Chubb which is becoming more likely

For what?   What would they be trading that much to the Colts for?

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

For what?   What would they be trading that much to the Colts for?

3rd overall pick. If there's no QB drafted in the top two our pick is gold. I could see them giving us definitely their two 1st and two 2nds. The other 3rd rounder might be a stretch but how bad do they want the pick of the litter? Because in this scenario jets and Broncos are going to be calling us also.Would be great if minny signs cousins, which seems likely.

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

3rd overall pick. If there's no QB drafted in the top two our pick is gold. I could see them giving us definitely their two 1st and two 2nds. The other 3rd rounder might be a stretch but how bad do they want the pick of the litter? Because in this scenario jets and Broncos are going to be calling us also.

Have you checked the draft chart on this? I haven't had time but it looks to me like you have more than doubled the trade value.   

I could be wrong but this seems pretty far fetched 

I see it as they'll take Barkley and use Tyrod as insurance to whatever QB. Matters less which guy it is now because you've got a stable backup plan in place. The difference between Darnold/Allen isn't big enough to fret and loose Barkley when you've got Tryod now. 

1 CLE - Barkley 

2 NYG - Rosen or Nelson 

3 (NYJ) - Darnold 

4 CLE - Allen

14 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

3rd overall pick. If there's no QB drafted in the top two our pick is gold. I could see them giving us definitely their two 1st and two 2nds. The other 3rd rounder might be a stretch but how bad do they want the pick of the litter? Because in this scenario jets and Broncos are going to be calling us also.

I checked the draft chart.   Bills would be about 300 points over using you line of thinking.   

Not it as far off as I would have thought 

51 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

With all this wheeling and dealing I just want to see the colts do something!

They will in free agency and draft. I know all these moves are making Colts fans impatient, but wait it out and it'll pay off. Ballard won't make a deal unless it's really good and he wants to save draft picks. There's nothing wrong with that.