Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playing chess to Robert Kraft's checkers...

Buddy Lee

Robert Kraft, by coming in so very late in the game and swiping the head coach that we were patiently waiting for, got his sweet revenge for Deflate-gate.

How about this chess move.... Trade Andrew Luck to the Jags for their next eight years' first round picks.

The Pats would never win another AFC Championship. Brady would retire early. No more rings. Pats Nation would go into a deep depression.

The Colts would recover with all those draft picks and, if they aren't wasted, field a great team in five years.

Very unrealistic, I know. But just imagine.     :coltshelmet:

Kraft and BB knew both Patricia and McDaniels were hoping for HC jobs. They could have tried to dissuade JM much earlier in the process and get his agreement to re-up. When you think about it, if the worry was the playoff focus or lack there of, having that discussion earlier would have made more sense.

Instead, they waited until JM had made a commitment to the Colts then they convinced him, against his own agent's advice and, let's face it, against JM's NFL future outside of NE, to renege on his commitment to the Colts. In my mind they convinced JM to do something that was not in his best interests but only their own. A win-lose proposition. The despicable timing by Kraft and BB is what gets me.

The Leo Durocher statement, "Nice guys finish last" is the guiding light of the Pats under Kraft.

23 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

What a nightmare.

I agree. I'm not advocating this. But, if anyone wanted to write off the next five years or more, it would put a kill stake into Kraft's Leo Durocher heart.

“Revenge is a dish best eaten cold and there is no sweeter dish than outliving an enemy” 
 Don Darkes

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

giphy.gif

LOL.

I know it's difficult to follow. I think that is because some on this board have no sense of levity. I can do x's and o's, but there are many on this board who aren't into that. The topic of the day is JM. That is a business/ethical thing. Not an E-P vs.Coryell thing.

So some, the very serious, will come at this thread as though I really want this to happen. Maybe 8 future number ones is this many points vs. Luck is this many points on my chart in front of me. We should also ask for a 3rd in 2019.

I get that. I have those same charts. But that is not that t all.

Others will see it for what it is:

This is an emotional response on my part. It isn't the analytical side of me. Let criticism fly. 

“Revenge is a dish best eaten cold and there is no sweeter dish than outliving an enemy” 
 Don Darkes 

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

I know it's difficult to follow. I think that is because some on this board have no sense of levity. I can do x's and o's, but there are many on this board who aren't into that. The topic of the day is JM. That is a business/ethical thing. Not an E-P vs.Coryell thing.

So some, the very serious, will come at this thread as though I really want this to happen. Maybe 8 future number ones is this many points vs. Luck is this many points on my chart in front of me. We should also ask for a 3rd in 2019.

I get that. I have those same charts. But that is not that t all.

Others will see it for what it is:

This is an emotional response on my part. It isn't the analytical side of me. Let criticism fly. 

Don Darkes 

Don't you have a hobby or something?

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am sorry to inform you but this thread is silly. Call it want you want but it changes nothing.

I am sorry to inform you that none of any of our posts change anything. There have been many polls. Thousands of respondents: Keep or fire Pagano? The board was clear. Did Irsay or the GM care one whit? No.  If you think your posts do change things or any of this on the message board, get real. You have singled me out but of course I'm sure you have expressed your same opinion to every other member of this board. I am but one of the multitude.

There are sophisticated analyses, opinions and rants and whatever on this board. I have initiated or chimed in on topics in all these areas. I will guarantee you that everyone on this board has at least a slightly different idea about this board...what it is, what it should be, who should be included, who should be excluded. Frankly, I have seen a wide range of analysis, rants, opinions.

I accept what I perceive is your opinion on what this board should be. It shouldn't be silly. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Buddy Lee said:

Robert Kraft, by coming in so very late in the game and swiping the head coach that we were patiently waiting for, got his sweet revenge for Deflate-gate.

How about this chess move.... Trade Andrew Luck to the Jags for their next eight years' first round picks.

The Pats would never win another AFC Championship. Brady would retire early. No more rings. Pats Nation would go into a deep depression.

The Colts would recover with all those draft picks and, if they aren't wasted, field a great team in five years.

nfl_a_luck_gb1_576x324.jpg

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That look on Andrew's face tells us he isn't pleased with this proposal! He is like I am worth at least 10 1st Round picks right? lmao 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That look on Andrew's face tells us he isn't pleased with this proposal! He is like I am worth at least 10 1st Round picks right? lmao 

Hey. Maybe he's right. I don't have charts that go that far into the future...lol

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

I mean, I don’t pretend to know what Luck’s trade value is, and I know it’s not that, but since we’re playing hypotheticals I would definitely take that trade and draft Mayfield. 

Hey, Peytonator, 

I put this out as more or less a rant about Kraft and BB and not an actual trade I propose. Just a "get back". I have trade value charts but they don't go that far into the future. I think Kraft and the Pats handled this very unfairly to both Jm and the Colts. This was only my fantasy dagger.

I value your non knee-jerk reaction. My original thread said this was not an actual proposal.

1 minute ago, Buddy Lee said:

Hey, Peytonator, 

I put this out as more or less a rant about Kraft and BB and not an actual trade I propose. Just a "get back". I have trade value charts but they don't go that far into the future. I think Kraft and the Pats handled this very unfairly to both Jm and the Colts. This was only my fantasy dagger.

I value your non knee-jerk reaction. My original thread said this was not an actual proposal.

Yeah I gotcha. I didn’t take it seriously. We’re in the s**tpost time of year and a lot of people seem to be at each other’s throats over the last week. Even when someone proposes a legit bad idea I still don’t like to see half the forum pile on them over it, not that your op was a legit proposal. 

Pats will keep winning until BB leaves or retires. When that happens, they'll be the Browns... No need to sabotage, just build a better team than them and wait.

We trade Luck to Jax, they beat up on us for 10 years... In that scenario, who cares about the Patriots? We have to play Jax twice a year. I'm not in board with trading Luck (most aren't, I'd say), but if we do, it can't be to Jacksonville... Those 1st rounders would all be bottom 5 picks....

3 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Yeah I gotcha. I didn’t take it seriously. We’re in the s**tpost time of year and a lot of people seem to be at each other’s throats over the last week. Even when someone proposes a legit bad idea I still don’t like to see half the forum pile on them over it, not that your op was a legit proposal. 

It wasn't. I was just reacting to the Pats burn. I normally post on x's and o's or on Barkley who I followed closely for years and knew that I know more than most on this board.

I have described this thread as a rant. I was clear. You have clearly taken it for what it is. Thank you for that. 

8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Pats will keep winning until BB leaves or retires. When that happens, they'll be the Browns... No need to sabotage, just build a better team than them and wait.

We trade Luck to Jax, they beat up on us for 10 years... In that scenario, who cares about the Patriots? We have to play Jax twice a year. I'm not in board with trading Luck (most aren't, I'd say), but if we do, it can't be to Jacksonville... Those 1st rounders would all be bottom 5 picks....

I agree but not for ten years 5. 6. 7 years but it fulfills CB's "rivalry is back on". I guess this board is not willing to accept anything halfway tongue in cheek.  Just expressing a way to get back at Kraft.

41 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

nfl_a_luck_gb1_576x324.jpg

This picture was the exact face all Colts fans made when they stumbled thru this thread. BTW Buddy Lee, We all get sarcasm as much as anybody else, just let me know when you say something funny. Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even Chewbacca is like just stop before you say something so absurd Mr. Lee that nobody ever takes you seriously again. I know; I know. It was a long season & our brains aren't in peak conditioning mode after the SB Buddy. It's alright. I forgive you. It happens to the best of us from time to time. Carry on. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

This picture was the exact face all Colts fans made when they stumbled thru this thread. BTW Buddy Lee, We all get sarcasm as much as anybody else, just let me know when you say something funny. Thanks. 

Even Chewbacca is like just stop before you say something so absurd Mr. Lee that nobody ever takes you seriously again. I know; I know. It was a long season & our brains aren't in peak conditioning mode after the SB Buddy. It's alright. I forgive you. It happens to the best of us from time to time. Carry on. 

Get lost. If you even bothered to read the original post, which apparently you did not, you would have known it is a rant and not a serious proposal. Read. It will change your opinion.

2 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Did you drink the bong water or just hit your head?

3 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Get lost. If you even bothered to read the original post, which apparently you did not, you would have known it is a rant and not a serious proposal. Read. It will change your opinion.

A little sensitive there are we? I did read your original post & I stand by everything I said in my previous post. Have a nice day. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You know, I am so very, very tired of these ad hominem attacks. I prefaced my OP as a fantasy and my subject line clearly shows that it is us/me against Kraft. I guess that isn't enough for you.

I forgive you too. I have never attacked anyone with an opinion. Certainly not on this board where an entire range of opinions are expressed. Mine wasn't even an opinion. Just feeling stabbed in the back. My feelings disparaged. 

Sorry to pile on here Buddy but maybe if you had titled the thread differently... this could have been avoided. I am all for unrealistic scenarios but i mean come on. You had to have known this was a possible outcome. It is the internet and people behave differently when behind a keyboard. Try not to take offense to the barbs and jokes...