Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe

coltsdan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talking heads are now saying he is top 10 material... kiss him goodbye Colt fans...

Im not so sure yet. He has been known to take plays off, and his on field production hasnt been great. Guys have had outstanding combines like this before and they were simply labeled as "workout warriers." Remember that DT who jumped out of the pool a couple years back. How did that turn out? He went mid 2nd round.

Im not so sure yet. He has been known to take plays off, and his on field production hasnt been great. Guys have had outstanding combines like this before and they were simply labeled as "workout warriers." Remember that DT who jumped out of the pool a couple years back. How did that turn out? He went mid 2nd round.

Yeah...it's funny how easily we fall in love with a player's potential, or workout prowess, then they don't do crap on the field. I really do think Poe will go early though, and be the real deal.

Trade a very good receiving TE who's basically the #2 receiver and is a game changer for a possible project DT? I say let someone else reach and if they don't, draft him with the 2nd round pick but there might be some really good CBs and other more proven DLs. With having the #1 pick every round, we shouldnt have to trade for drafting position.

Are we going to mention that the tight end will be 33 years old next season, has missed 15 games the last two years (combined for less than 700 yards and only five touchdowns those two seasons), and is going to be eating up $15 million on the cap between the next two seasons?

I don't know if trading him in order to get Poe is the right move, as I think people are fawning over a player who hasn't shown the level of dedication I'd want to see if I'm drafting him in the first round, but no question that if I was in charge, I'd be actively shopping Dallas Clark for draft picks, especially in this year's draft, which is deeeeeep.

Lastly, we pick #1 in the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th rounds. The Rams pick #1 in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

i think Clark's best days are behind him. his hands last year were disatrous, and i think Tamme can become our new Dallas.

and with Poe's combine, no way he falls to second round. we would have to trade up back into the first round.

What about Coby Fleener if he falls to the second? If Luck is drafted it would give him someone he already has chemistry with and Fleener has the potential of being a great TE. I'm not quite sure if he's going to fall to the second though anyways. I would have no problem with us going for a NT/SS/WR/TE in the second.

cobyfleener.jpg

What about Coby Fleener if he falls to the second? If Luck is drafted it would give him someone he already has chemistry with and Fleener has the potential of being a great TE. I'm not quite sure if he's going to fall to the second though anyways. I would have no problem with us going for a NT/SS/WR/TE in the second.

Fleener is great. Fleener/Tamme would be perfect combo, could be similar success as Gronk/Hernandez. Dallas' best days are behind him.

That would be Bears former 3rd round pick and now Bills 10th string DT Jarron Gilbert..... he was the guy I wanted us to draft in 2009.

We've all picked our share of stinkers and I'm still wiping the egg off my face from that one. :lol:

This is why I try not to take these pre-draft opinions.... including my own.... TOO seriously and consider it fun more than anything.

Frankly, I would worry about a new TE only if Tamme leaves. I do like James Hanna of Oklahoma (that would be a tandem with Brody Eldridge, wouldn't it? :) and Michael Egnew of Missouri as late round selections to replace Tamme.

I repeat, replacing Clark, is not a high priority right now for a team in cap he-ll.

I think we need to just relax and let the draft play out how it will. I mean if Poe is picked up earlier that means that one more good WR, CB, or DE prospect could fall to us. Poe looks great...don't get me wrong, but there will be other drafts and we have a need this year to get a future QB should Manning not be able to play as well as other good defensive players. Who knows...maybe Poe in round 1 will lead to Barron falling to us...and we could really use a good SS in the middle of the field.

i think Clark's best days are behind him. his hands last year were disatrous, and i think Tamme can become our new Dallas.

and with Poe's combine, no way he falls to second round. we would have to trade up back into the first round.

im not going to judge Clark's hands with Painter and Dan O throwing to him when historically he has great hands.

I think we need to just relax and let the draft play out how it will. I mean if Poe is picked up earlier that means that one more good WR, CB, or DE prospect could fall to us. Poe looks great...don't get me wrong, but there will be other drafts and we have a need this year to get a future QB should Manning not be able to play as well as other good defensive players. Who knows...maybe Poe in round 1 will lead to Barron falling to us...and we could really use a good SS in the middle of the field.

That's what im saying, if we just take the best available, instead of trading our star players or picks, we will get the best value. Plus we don't just want young players, we need vets too.

My only problem with Franklin is he's turning 32 this year I think and I don't see trying to get him over Paul Sioli. While I wouldn't mind either, I'd rather take Sioli since he is younger (Though Sioli is looking for a long term deal, while Franklin might be looking for a 1-2 year deal)

oh yea, dont get me wrong, i like Paul i jsut tought that because of the connection of Gregg-SF frankling would be a bigger posibility. and you are right, he would be a 1 2 year stop gag.

Well, I hope you're right.... it would be great to land what appears to be a very athletic, if a little raw, NT in Poe at #34.

After years of missing out due to drafting late in each round.... and at times being just plain snake-bitten at the position.... it would be nice to hit a home run at NT for a change, whoever that player is.

But I do think a guy like Poe, who projects as a disruptive inside force with this kind of agility for his size might buck conventional wisdom and past trends. Because the rookie salary cap has so reduced and flattened out financial risk for players in the #15 - #32 slots, that it could make it conducive to teams in the middle to bottom half of the 1st round to perhaps jump his value... especially at that position.

I'd be very happy to be wrong about all this and grab him at #34 though.

He could buck the trend so to speak and I have not watched him, other than highlights, so the reason for his, good not great production in college, could be based on the fact that opposing teams dedicated three guys to him on every play.

All I'm saying is:

1. The scouting sources that I read and trust (because they have been proven correct time and time again) rated him as a 2nd round prospect based on his game film.
  2. The Draft advisory council gave him a 2nd round grade.
  3. Putting up great numbers at the combine usually just cements #1 and #2, especially for a small school prospect, rarely does it increase a player's value to the teams.

So, since the Colts pick so early in the 2nd round, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he will still be there when the Colts pick.

He could buck the trend so to speak and I have not watched him, other than highlights, so the reason for his, good not great production in college, could be based on the fact that opposing teams dedicated three guys to him on every play.

All I'm saying is:

1. The scouting sources that I read and trust (because they have been proven correct time and time again) rated him as a 2nd round prospect based on his game film.
  2. The Draft advisory council gave him a 2nd round grade.
  3. Putting up great numbers at the combine usually just cements #1 and #2, especially for a small school prospect, rarely does it increase a player's value to the teams.

So, since the Colts pick so early in the 2nd round, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he will still be there when the Colts pick.

If it works out like that..... it would be terrific.

I definitely hope we get a shot him.... it would be pretty refreshing to have a DT that can provide consistent run-stuffing and interior pressure vs the pass.

If it works out like that..... it would be terrific.

I definitely hope we get a shot him.... it would be pretty refreshing to have a DT that can provide consistent run-stuffing and interior pressure vs the pass.

Every team in the league wants that from their DTs, the problem is they are few and far between and it's why Poe is considered a 2nd rounder because he did NOT provide a consisent run stuffing AND interior pass pressure at Memphis.

It's also why I like Ta'Amu, not as a pass rushing threat but more as a run stopper. The guy is impossible to move with one blocker and near impossible with 2. And yet he is quick enough off the snap that if the oline is focusing on someone like, say a Freeney or Mathis, he will blow by the oline and force the QB to move. The bad thing about Ta'Amu is, if the QB does move, even just a little, he lacks the change of direction to chase him down. But that would give Freeney or Mathis or whomever and extra 1/2 second to get there and often that 1/2 second is huge.

Ta"amu got a bad rep early because he showed up to spring practice at nearly 400lbs. But showed his dedication to football and his team when he changed his diet (mainly cut out rice which is a huge deal for a Samoan) and got his weight down to his current 340+

Now that would be a draft.

Andrew Luck #1 (although I think the Colts are going to shock the world and draft RGIII)

D. Poe #34

Ta'Amu #66

To compare it to the Ravens D last year, Poe would play the Ngata role and Ta'Amu would play the Cody role. That would be the start of building a D, IMO.

Every team in the league wants that from their DTs, the problem is they are few and far between and it's why Poe is considered a 2nd rounder because he did NOT provide a consisent run stuffing AND interior pass pressure at Memphis.

It's also why I like Ta'Amu, not as a pass rushing threat but more as a run stopper. The guy is impossible to move with one blocker and near impossible with 2. And yet he is quick enough off the snap that if the oline is focusing on someone like, say a Freeney or Mathis, he will blow by the oline and force the QB to move. The bad thing about Ta'Amu is, if the QB does move, even just a little, he lacks the change of direction to chase him down. But that would give Freeney or Mathis or whomever and extra 1/2 second to get there and often that 1/2 second is huge.

Ta"amu got a bad rep early because he showed up to spring practice at nearly 400lbs. But showed his dedication to football and his team when he changed his diet (mainly cut out rice which is a huge deal for a Samoan) and got his weight down to his current 340+

Now that would be a draft.

Andrew Luck #1 (although I think the Colts are going to shock the world and draft RGIII)

D. Poe #34

Ta'Amu #66

To compare it to the Ravens D last year, Poe would play the Ngata role and Ta'Amu would play the Cody role. That would be the start of building a D, IMO.

Interesting call on RGIII... that would be a shock.

I think we'll go with Luck at #1.... but I'm fine with those two big guys at D-line if Pagano is adopting what he did in Baltimore,

Its very likely this rebuild is gonna take more than one season anyway.... or at least to integrate new schemes and personnel and I like the approach of building the interior of both lines once the QB issue is settled.

So if we did happen to draft Poe AND Ta'amu.... and get a starting OG out of this draft in addition to Luck all in the first 4 rounds..... that would be the start of a very good draft. It still leaves other needs but at least it cements a couple of pretty mediocre positions.

Interesting call on RGIII... that would be a shock.

I think we'll go with Luck at #1.... but I'm fine with those two big guys at D-line if Pagano is adopting what he did in Baltimore,

Its very likely this rebuild is gonna take more than one season anyway.... or at least to integrate new schemes and personnel and I like the approach of building the interior of both lines once the QB issue is settled.

So if we did happen to draft Poe AND Ta'amu.... and get a starting OG out of this draft in addition to Luck all in the first 4 rounds..... that would be the start of a very good draft. It still leaves other needs but at least it cements a couple of pretty mediocre positions.

Im going to go out on a limb here(and its a really big thick limb) and guarantee the Colts absolutely WILL NOT pick RG3 over Luck. Luck is just better in every conceivable way(except speed) and has a longer track record.

Im going to go out on a limb here(and its a really big thick limb) and guarantee the Colts absolutely WILL NOT pick RG3 over Luck. Luck is just better in every conceivable way(except speed) and has a longer track record.

Now, if I were in charge of a professional football team, I would pick Luck over RGIII because I'm not a fan of the running/shotgun college QBs but I wonder what you are basing that on.

RGIII has more starts, more attempts, more completions. higher completion percentage, more yards, few INTs, 3 fewer TDs and a career QB rating that is less than 3 points difference.

People want to try and make RGIII out to be a one year wonder and that is just not the case.

Now, if I were in charge of a professional football team, I would pick Luck over RGIII because I'm not a fan of the running/shotgun college QBs but I wonder what you are basing that on.

RGIII has more starts, more attempts, more completions. higher completion percentage, more yards, few INTs, 3 fewer TDs and a career QB rating that is less than 3 points difference.

People want to try and make RGIII out to be a one year wonder and that is just not the case.

Thats true, but its just that before this season and even really a month or so into the college season, nobody even knew who RG3 was, except for real college football junkies. He came out of nowhere and has been hyped to no end. Its kind of funny, people say they don't like how much Luck has been hyped up but there really isn't a player that has been more hyped than RG3. The media won him the heisman and the media has vaulted him into the top 2 picks conversation. I have posted the article several times here that talks about how easy Baylor made the offense for Griffin and how he wasn't responsible for anything on the field presnap.

IMO that don't exactly scream NFL ready like so many people claim. In the article I posted, it quoted several NFL GM's and scouts and they all said that he will have a huge learning curve in the NFL, way more than even most rookie QB's. I just think he'll have to go to a team that will have a lot of patience with him and be willing to implement a simple offense for him till he gains a lot more experience. This is what I meant that Luck has a longer track record. Luck has been in a pro style offense for 3 yrs. and has been making all the presnap reads that he's going to have to do in the NFL.

IMO those people that are expecting RG3 to step in next season and have even remotely a little bit of success in the pro's are gonna be sorely dissappointed. He has a lot to learn(just like any rookie QB) but I just think Luck has a lot more experience doing the things he will have to do in the NFL than RG3 has.

Thats true, but its just that before this season and even really a month or so into the college season, nobody even knew who RG3 was, except for real college football junkies. He came out of nowhere and has been hyped to no end. Its kind of funny, people say they don't like how much Luck has been hyped up but there really isn't a player that has been more hyped than RG3. The media won him the heisman and the media has vaulted him into the top 2 picks conversation. I have posted the article several times here that talks about how easy Baylor made the offense for Griffin and how he wasn't responsible for anything on the field presnap.

So he (Luck) is better in every conceivable way and has a longer track record... not because it's true but because you had not heard of him and he's hyped by the media? I'm having a little trouble following the logic of that.
IMO that don't exactly scream NFL ready like so many people claim. In the article I posted, it quoted several NFL GM's and scouts and they all said that he will have a huge learning curve in the NFL, way more than even most rookie QB's. I just think he'll have to go to a team that will have a lot of patience with him and be willing to implement a simple offense for him till he gains a lot more experience. This is what I meant that Luck has a longer track record. Luck has been in a pro style offense for 3 yrs. and has been making all the presnap reads that he's going to have to do in the NFL.

So you think RGIII just got back in the shotgun and called hut and then looked up and threw the ball where the coach told him to? I find that a little hard to believe.
IMO those people that are expecting RG3 to step in next season and have even remotely a little bit of success in the pro's are gonna be sorely dissappointed. He has a lot to learn(just like any rookie QB) but I just think Luck has a lot more experience doing the things he will have to do in the NFL than RG3 has.

That may be and that is why I'm not a fan of shotgun/running college QBs but how does that answer my original question.

Coffee I think he's talking about managing the game at the line. Of course Griffin could make presnap reads but he wasn't calling his own plays, he could audible but that's not the same. The coach would call the plays.

Luck was going to the line with a choice in 3 plays in every formation they lined up in, he'd decide which play. That's very similar to what Peyton has been doing. The coaches at times give direct play calls but usually they are just calling basic formations, giving pointers.

RG3 is a leader, someone who leads by playing great and being a driving force, Luck provides all that and is a general on the field like Manning.

Maybe RG3 will take another step to have control over his offense like Brady or Manning, I would not be surprised if he could. I think with more and more young college QBs given that kind of control, we are going to find out that they are becoming increasingly proficient at it.

Ok... put the "astonishing" numbers aside.. Now do ;you really want to burn "the second pick in the second round?"

The combine is ^cowpatties^ in reality... teams that do their work watch "film" .... if a player can make plays then take him over the "workout warrior"... EVERYDAYOFFTHEWEEK.

Indy needs a NG, and "bigger DT's" for that matter... It'll happen...

But don't get me wrong... Poe rocked the house... I'll take him...

But it won't happen. The Combine >>>ed us.. the chubby kid showed his skills.

Coffee I think he's talking about managing the game at the line. Of course Griffin could make presnap reads but he wasn't calling his own plays, he could audible but that's not the same. The coach would call the plays.

Luck was going to the line with a choice in 3 plays in every formation they lined up in, he'd decide which play. That's very similar to what Peyton has been doing. The coaches at times give direct play calls but usually they are just calling basic formations, giving pointers.

RG3 is a leader, someone who leads by playing great and being a driving force, Luck provides all that and is a general on the field like Manning.

Maybe RG3 will take another step to have control over his offense like Brady or Manning, I would not be surprised if he could. I think with more and more young college QBs given that kind of control, we are going to find out that they are becoming increasingly proficient at it.

RIGHT ON.....

what about trading down for multiple draft picks, get poe a decent but obviously not peyton like quarterback, WE NEED POE thats all their is to it, enough of these small butt players that fly around so fast they cant tackle, WITH EXCEPTION of Angerer heck we could throw in another player to dallas clark hes no spring chicken as good as hes been for us

what about trading down for multiple draft picks, get poe a decent but obviously not peyton like quarterback, WE NEED POE thats all their is to it, enough of these small butt players that fly around so fast they cant tackle, WITH EXCEPTION of Angerer heck we could throw in another player to dallas clark hes no spring chicken as good as hes been for us

agree, I wish we could have traded with Cleveland and gotten some draft picks and we could possibly get RG3 and Poe in the first round

Everyone was impressed by Poe but I don't think I would go out of my way to target him. If he falls to us certainly use that pick on him but to start making moves to get him I think is reaching. I heard some people say get rid of Dallas to get him...well he certainly has had a couple bad years with injuries but he has always had the best hands on the team perhaps next to reggie. If we dropped him we would have only basically 1 starting receiver (Collie) and 1 back up TE Tamme on the roster. Garcon and Reggie are probably gone since we will probably target Mathis in FA. Luck has to throw to someone and I can see Dallas coming back fine. It is so hard to evaluate last year because so many players played uninspired last year for us or not at all. I just can't see us getting rid of our top 3 options in the passing game in one offseason...next year perhaps.

im not going to judge Clark's hands with Painter and Dan O throwing to him when historically he has great hands.

I don't know if I would call his hands historically great. He is solid, but has always had a tendency to put a few on the turf.

That's what im saying, if we just take the best available, instead of trading our star players or picks, we will get the best value. Plus we don't just want young players, we need vets too.

Agreed. Some people equate rebuilding with getting rid of absolutely everybody who's ever played here. Furthermore, if Clark, Freeney, etc., aren't that "good" or "worth it" anymore, then we shouldn't expect to get much from them anyway. Certainly not equal value in draft picks.

Agreed. Some people equate rebuilding with getting rid of absolutely everybody who's ever played here. Furthermore, if Clark, Freeney, etc., aren't that "good" or "worth it" anymore, then we shouldn't expect to get much from them anyway. Certainly not equal value in draft picks.

Exactly I've never understood the logic behind someone going Freeney and Clark aren't good anymore we should trade them for first round picks! If they aren't good anymore what makes people think you are going to get that kind of value back. We trade a hall of famer at the peek of his career in Faulk and didnt get a first round pick back in return just to put things in perspective. That's why you don't see played trades in the nfl very often you don't get equal or better value back in return.

I would have to respectfully disagree with Coffedrinker's comments about Ta'amu and Poe (though I agree with his comments about Luck/RG3). IMO Ta'amu is more of a penetrator and would be much better served as a 3-4 DE or a 3 tech in a 4-3 scheme. I only got to watch about half a dozen Washington games this past season but in everyone I saw Ta'amu have trouble even with just one blocker. Any time he was double teamed I saw him get blown off the line and out of the play. I think he is much more of a penetrator than he is a NT type in so far as being able to hold the point. I'd much rather have Josh Chapman or Brandon Thompson if we can't get Poe. That is unless our current coaching staff believes that Ta'amu's inability to hold the point is technique related and is something he could improve with proper coaching. I just never saw him play with the strength that you'd think a 340 lb DT would play with.

I think Josh Chapman would be a great pickup if his recent knee surgery heals completely. If he was playing injured last year then he could be a beast once healty. Very similar to the Daquan Bowers situation last year...Bowers was pretty much unstoppable during college but towards the end of his college career he sustained a pretty serious injury and was still recovering from the surgery come draft time and that's why Tampa was able to pick him up in the 2nd round. Yeah it's a gamble but he's currently listed as a 5th round prospect according to mockingthedraft.com and if that holds true then I'd absolutely take a chance on him with our 5th round pick. Another guy we should take a serious look at in the later rounds is Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from Baylor.

As for Freeney and Clark...yeah I'd be all for trying to trade them and getting whatever we can in return in draft picks. Yes they are or were both prennial pro-bowlers but the Colts have made it clear they're wanting to get younger and more talented. Clark has had injury issues and is getting older and wouldn't really fit in anyway with a more power-style offense if that's what Pagano/Arians want to switch to. I'd love to get Coby Fleener but I think there are too many other areas where we have greater needs so I think we could make it through next year with Eldridge, Tamme and another backup TE from FA. Then next year we could target someone like Tyler Eiffert, Levine Toilolo or Zac Erts (assuming one of them comes out a year early) or a Jake Stoneburner from Ohio State. If they want to go with a TE this year then I'd look for a guy in one of the middle to late rounds like Brian Linthicum, Kevin Koger, David Paulson or Deangelo Peterson.

As for Freeney, I simply have a lot of concerns about his ability and/or willingness to adapt to a new style of defense and that's why I could see him being used as trade bait to try to find some pieces that fit better into the scheme that Pagano/Manusky want to implement.

I would have to respectfully disagree with Coffedrinker's comments about Ta'amu and Poe (though I agree with his comments about Luck/RG3). IMO Ta'amu is more of a penetrator and would be much better served as a 3-4 DE or a 3 tech in a 4-3 scheme. I only got to watch about half a dozen Washington games this past season but in everyone I saw Ta'amu have trouble even with just one blocker. Any time he was double teamed I saw him get blown off the line and out of the play. I think he is much more of a penetrator than he is a NT type in so far as being able to hold the point. I'd much rather have Josh Chapman or Brandon Thompson if we can't get Poe. That is unless our current coaching staff believes that Ta'amu's inability to hold the point is technique related and is something he could improve with proper coaching. I just never saw him play with the strength that you'd think a 340 lb DT would play with.

I think Josh Chapman would be a great pickup if his recent knee surgery heals completely. If he was playing injured last year then he could be a beast once healty. Very similar to the Daquan Bowers situation last year...Bowers was pretty much unstoppable during college but towards the end of his college career he sustained a pretty serious injury and was still recovering from the surgery come draft time and that's why Tampa was able to pick him up in the 2nd round. Yeah it's a gamble but he's currently listed as a 5th round prospect according to mockingthedraft.com and if that holds true then I'd absolutely take a chance on him with our 5th round pick. Another guy we should take a serious look at in the later rounds is Nicolas Jean-Baptiste from Baylor.

As for Freeney and Clark...yeah I'd be all for trying to trade them and getting whatever we can in return in draft picks. Yes they are or were both prennial pro-bowlers but the Colts have made it clear they're wanting to get younger and more talented. Clark has had injury issues and is getting older and wouldn't really fit in anyway with a more power-style offense if that's what Pagano/Arians want to switch to. I'd love to get Coby Fleener but I think there are too many other areas where we have greater needs so I think we could make it through next year with Eldridge, Tamme and another backup TE from FA. Then next year we could target someone like Tyler Eiffert, Levine Toilolo or Zac Erts (assuming one of them comes out a year early) or a Jake Stoneburner from Ohio State. If they want to go with a TE this year then I'd look for a guy in one of the middle to late rounds like Brian Linthicum, Kevin Koger, David Paulson or Deangelo Peterson.

As for Freeney, I simply have a lot of concerns about his ability and/or willingness to adapt to a new style of defense and that's why I could see him being used as trade bait to try to find some pieces that fit better into the scheme that Pagano/Manusky want to implement.

I admit I haven't seen this guy play, but from the things I've read about him everybody seems to disagree with your evaluations of him. This is just one of the profiles I've seen on him.

http://www.cbssports...6/alameda-taamu

/24/2012 - 2012 SENIOR BOWL TUESDAY: Washington's Alameda Ta'amu and Boise State's Billy Winn have been disappointments thus far. Ta'amu is a powerful run plugger sure to intrigue 3-4 teams looking for a nose guard. His power and mass (6-2, 341) makes him a classic block-eater but his lack of any type of pass rush ability is painfully apparent during drills. If his opponent has the anchor and core flexibility to handle Ta'amu's bull rush, the big Husky can offer little else. Winn, who was used inside and out while with the Broncos, may be proving himself to be a 'tweener with a lackluster performance, thus far. He hasn't shown the agility to slip blocks nor the power to push the pocket. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
A massive man, Ta'Amu is tough to move and can surprise his opponents with his athleticism. He remains raw as a pass rusher and doesn't have the foot speed to chase down ball-carriers. His ability to clog running lanes, however, could make him one of the more highly coveted nose guard prospects in the country -- if he can build upon the success of his junior season.
"Pass rush: Surprising initial quickness off the snap. Wide-bodied frame makes it difficult for him to split gaps, but shows a burst when he has a lane. Developing swim move. Relies mostly on a simple bull rush at this point, which is quite effective in collapsing the pocket. Only phone booth quickness. Gives good effort in chasing down the quarterback, but tires quickly.

Run defense: Strong, stout interior presence who often requires double-team blocks to keep him from clogging running lanes. Short, thick legs and thick trunk which aid him in anchoring. Inconsistent in his effort pursuing laterally and downfield, but surprises opponents with his quickness for such a large man. Short arms could lead to problems against NFL-caliber offensive linemen with longer arms able to get into his chest …"

Don't really scream 3-4 defensive end IMO and sounds like a good NT prospect that the Colts desperately need.

I admit I haven't seen this guy play, but from the things I've read about him everybody seems to disagree with your evaluations of him. This is just one of the profiles I've seen on him.

http://www.cbssports...6/alameda-taamu

Don't really scream 3-4 defensive end IMO and sounds like a good NT prospect that the Colts desperately need.

They can think what they want of him. I disagree. Granted I don't have all of the game tape to be able to view over and over but I saw the same things in every game that I watched. Now, maybe he was playing with an injury last year and wasn't as effective as normal or what have you but in the games I saw, I was not impressed with him as a NT prospect.