Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dontari Poe

coltsdan

I'll be honest...it does not matter to me right now. One thing I rest comfortably in knowing is that (when it comes to defensive linemen) neither Bill, Chris Polian or Tony Dungy will be making the decision. Gone are the days of undersized, underwhelming, unproductive DTs...and few things will ever make me happier vis-a-vis Colts defense. Grigs has a solid track record as an evaluator and Pagano is my kind of guy defensively. I am pleased they will be pulling the trigger this go'round. I'm comfortable with where we're at and I give them two annual drafts before I consider coming off of that.

post-5892-0-07906100-1330612711_thumb.jp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I would call his hands historically great. He is solid, but has always had a tendency to put a few on the turf.

And has a greater tendency to make plays throughout the game. The guys numbers are down the last 2 seasons but in 2010 he got injured along with many other teammates. In 2011 he had terrible QBs throwing, wasn't targeted as much and had a injury. He might not miss a game in 2012 and would be a reliable target for Luck or Manning.

I agree that he probably should restructure though.

Dan Patrick had it right...well McLovin did. Poe is this year's "combine warrior"....a decent player that put up insane combine numbers that vaults him into the 1st round. He was 2nd Team All CONFERENCE USA. Not even first team in a medicre conference. Take off your combine blinders people. Let some other sucker team pay 1st round money for him. If we could get him where he should be slotted before the combine, the 2nd round...then I would say take a chance on him. But you have to look at production, and lets face it, he was slotted in the 2nd round by nearly all draft gurus before the combine. Which kinda sucks bc he would be a decent pickup in the 2nd round....but the hype machine has begun and he will be gone in the 1st. Oh well....gotta look elsewhere

Dan Patrick had it right...well McLovin did. Poe is this year's "combine warrior"....a decent player that put up insane combine numbers that vaults him into the 1st round. He was 2nd Team All CONFERENCE USA. Not even first team in a medicre conference. Take off your combine blinders people. Let some other sucker team pay 1st round money for him. If we could get him where he should be slotted before the combine, the 2nd round...then I would say take a chance on him. But you have to look at production, and lets face it, he was slotted in the 2nd round by nearly all draft gurus before the combine. Which kinda sucks bc he would be a decent pickup in the 2nd round....but the hype machine has begun and he will be gone in the 1st. Oh well....gotta look elsewhere

That's not true. He's been a mid to late first round prospect for a couple of months now. Alameda Ta'amu was in the top 20 at the beginning of the year but has gradually dropped as has Brandon Thompson, though Thompson hasn't fallen as far as Ta'amu. Poe on the other hand started out the year in the 40-50's and has gradually and steadily moved up in the rankings and has been a first round projection for, as I said, a couple of months now.

I think the biggest questions about him are his stamina and how raw he is from a technique standpoint. Honestly I didn't think he'd declare this year due to being raw and I think he'd have been better served staying in college for another year. He will be a bit of a project but he's a beast as far as raw, natural ability goes. If a good coach can work with him and teach him how to harness all that physical ability then he can be a beast on the field.