Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Plan To Interview Leslie Frazier

1959Colts

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

PM will never happen

Just remember, you heard it here first. I have a source who knows a source who overheard a source of a friend who said Manning was on his way lol. 

(Sarcasms button on loudly) 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, J@son said:

What makes you say that?  Did Frazier do the playcalling on defense when he was HC of the Vikings?  I honestly can't remember but I was thinking that he did not.

I’m pretty sure he did.  I could be wrong but I feel like we are going for an offensive guy. Maybe that’s changed since McDaniels decided to be a wimp...

Just now, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’m pretty sure he did.  I could be wrong but I feel like we are going for an offensive guy. Maybe that’s changed since McDaniels decided to be a wimp...

I really hope we do go with an offensive guy...specifically one entrenched in the WC offense.  Reich and DeFilippo both fit that bill. 

1 minute ago, J@son said:

I really hope we do go with an offensive guy...specifically one entrenched in the WC offense.  Reich and DeFilippo both fit that bill. 

I want DeFilippo so bad but I’m not sure he ready or if we are even going to give him a look.  He’ll have a head job in a year or two.  Just has to cut his teeth in the play calling department. 

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just ask @NFLfan

Lol. Not a fan of Frazier as coach. He is so conservative (in games). He would be no different from Pagano of the past few years. He is very laid back and lets his assistants coach. His press conferences after games were similar to Paganos. Colts fans will not be happy. 

However, like Pagano, Frazier is a good man. 

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

discount Tony Dungy

Tony Dungy is a way better coach. 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

So far what we have had is:

McDaniels:  A guy who has demonstrated to be less than successful on his own and carries personality baggage.

Campbell:  A guy who had limited success at Miami and hasn't gotten another shot.

Frazier:  A guy who had success when the best RB in the game was the best RB in the game.  Then not.

Reich:  Fairly unknown.

So we have 3 guys who have demonstrated performance on a scale from mediocre to bad, and 1 unknown.

I say hire the unknown.  That's about the best we can do.

IMO, I think Campbell is only slightly better than Philbin was. No thank you. 

Frazier doesn't scream leader to me. He did nothing with the Vikings. 

Reich's the one that looked at all the old plays (Chip Kelly days) that made Foles successful and implemented them in the offense. Foles got better and better and more comfortable. I believe Pederson was calling the plays, but Reich gave him the plays to choose from. That's putting your players in positions to succeed, and playing to their strengths. That's light years better than we've had the last few years. 

Besides all that, he used to be a pastor, and is a high character guy that seems to resonate with his players. Oh and Manning loved him as a QB coach. 

3 hours ago, buccolts said:

Does Frazier have ties to Marinelli?

They were both with the Bears, but I don't recall if their paths crossed.

Could be Frazier's defensive philosophy meshes with our present DC(?).

Haven't coached at the same time with the same team but Frazier is zone heavy guy, cover 2, keep everything in front of the defense.

I haven't gone thru all of the 91 previous posts here....

But for those who are unhappy about Frazier,  you should not discount two things...

One....   the NFL has asked the Colts to treat this sequence of interviews as a new coaching search and asked them to interview a minority candidate for the Rooney Rule.

And/or....

Two....   Polian and Dungy have asked Irsay to interview him as a personal favor to them.   And since I've read that Irsay thinks highly of Frazier,  I wouldn't rule this out either.

I think Ballard wants an offensive-minded HC....      and not a defensive-minded one who might clash with Eberflus.

I wouldn't worry on this one unless and until news comes out that surprises all of us.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I haven't gone thru all of the 91 previous posts here....

But for those who are unhappy about Frazier,  you should not discount two things...

One....   the NFL has asked the Colts to treat this sequence of interviews as a new coaching search and asked them to interview a minority candidate for the Rooney Rule.

And/or....

Really?  Where did you read or see that?  That seems...unnecessary.

Two....   Polian and Dungy have asked Irsay to interview him as a personal favor to them.   And since I've read that Irsay thinks highly of Frazier,  I wouldn't rule this out either.

I think Ballard wants an offensive-minded HC....      and not a defensive-minded one who might clash with Eberflus.

I wouldn't worry on this one unless and until news comes out that surprises all of us.....

Frazier came from a very similar system that started with Dungy/Kiffin so I wouldn't expect any clash between the 2 as far as scheme goes.  Personality clashes could be a real possibility though.

18 minutes ago, J@son said:

Really?  Where did you read or see that?  That seems...unnecessary.

Frazier came from a very similar system that started with Dungy/Kiffin so I wouldn't expect any clash between the 2 as far as scheme goes.  Personality clashes could be a real possibility though.

I didn't read it anywhere....

Pure speculation on my part...

Just offering two ideas as to why we are now interviewing Frazier now.    We didn't the first go around,  so what us different now?

Just throwing out ideas...   they don't seem unreasonable to me...

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just offering two ideas as to why we are now interviewing Frazier now.    We didn't the first go around,  so what us different now?

Your second scenario is much, much more likely than the first. I don't think there's any chance the NFL forced the Colts to treat this like a new search. There's no rule you have to interview a minority each "round" of the interview process.

36 minutes ago, MTC said:

I actually don't hate the idea of Leslie Frazier. I mean he aligns with Matt Eberflus' scheme, so in that area, that matching would make sense.

Is he my first pick? No. But I wouldn't hate it. 

He has also coached with Darrell Bevell before as well.  If the rumors are true and Bevell is the Colts preference for OC then it makes sense there as well. Just noticed how much I use "as well", sorry.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I read the complete opposite. The Colts have already satisfied the Rooney rule. 

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Just reminds me that no one should ever try to look 'cool'

Years later, when people look at your photos, they think you're a doofus

Go Classic.  I see pictures of Jack Kennedy and his clothes look current

Ha yeah, but what is impressive, is that even years before Will Ferrell's famous  SNL skit, Chicago punter Maury Buford knew the importance of the Cowbell!!!

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I read the complete opposite. The Colts have already satisfied the Rooney rule. 

Good find...   thanks...

Then perhaps my second idea about a favor to Polian or Dungy or Irsay might have some merit?

Otherwise why now when we didn't the first time around?

8 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/08/colts-plan-to-interview-leslie-frazier/

So I believe he's the last of the "three candidates" that was reported

Source: Colts had feeling this could happen. They have three candidates ready to interview in next 24-48 hours.

No Way we need another defensive coach as our HC it did not fix our defense when we hired Tony Dungy yet we were told it would it did'nt work with Chuck Pagano either .

We need an offensive minded HC like Frank Reich with a OC like Darrell Bevell who  has SB experience & a Win coupled with Matt Eberflus as DC these Coaches are what I hope we see in 2018 IMO they can get the job done .

He wasn't the reason the Vikings collapsed, that'd be Christian sore elbow Ponder who stood on the sidelines doing his best Jay Cutler impression when he decided at game time of the playoff game that he couldn't play. Then the next season (after coming along as a solid quarterback in the 2nd half of 2012) he wasn't the same. Lifetime shook over a Clay Matthews hit. That's like a Deion Sanders tackle. 

I say he'd be a good hire. Get him, tell him to build a defense, get an OC and the Colts will have something.

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Well you know, he's just part of the shuffling crew, shuffling it on down, doing it for you...

He's not here to make no trouble...

lol...

Very funny.    :)

Side question: How do you block someone you think may terrorize you the rest of your life?

:)

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Very funny.    :)

Side question: How do you block someone you think may terrorize you the rest of your life?

:)

Ha, you mean, like, how to block guys like Singletary or Dent? truly testing my in-depth knowledge of the super bowl shuffle, or do you mean like how to block a questionably unstable poster on the forum???

Because I actually do not know how the block feature works, although I should...

7 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, you mean, like, how to block guys like Singletary or Dent? truly testing my in-depth knowledge of the super bowl shuffle, or do you mean like how to block a questionably unstable poster on the forum???

Because I actually do not know how the block feature works, although I should...

If it was about questionably unstable posters, I'd just close my account. That one's easy.

Right now it's all about the fear of seeing/hearing more details about the Super Bowl Shuffle.  :)

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Good DC terrible head coach he was trash as Vikings head coach.

Josh McDaniels was trash as a head coach too.  Didn't stop some Colts fans from wanting him.  You know second chances, lessons learned and all that other blah blah blah. 

I digress...looks like it's Frank Reich or bust for me if this is all we will have to choose from.

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Josh McDaniels was trash as a head coach too.  Didn't stop some Colts fans from wanting him.  You know second chances, lessons learned and all that other blah blah blah. 

I digress...looks like it's Frank Reich or bust for me if this is all we will have to choose from.

I think McDaniels is a jerk for what he did although I don't really care as much as others cause I never wanted him anyways.