Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich for New HC with Eagles QB coach DeFilippo as OC

chad72

I think that is the direction the Colts need to go. A young and upcoming coach for OC with Frank Reich, who has seen everything from QB coach to WR coach to OC now being HC.

Frank has been known for his good demeanor and is probably more suited for HC at this point in his career. Have to keep moving forward, and I am sure that is what Ballard and Irsay are doing, as we speak.

Thoughts???

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I think that is the direction the Colts need to go. A young and upcoming coach for OC with Frank Reich, who has seen everything from QB coach to WR coach to OC now being HC.

Frank has been known for his good demeanor and is probably more suited for HC at this point in his career. Have to keep moving forward, and I am sure that is what Ballard and Irsay are doing, as we speak.

Thoughts???

I was about to post the same thing, I like Frank all along and thought he was over-looked.

Just now, bravo4460 said:

He was OC but he didn't run the Eagles offense and didn't call the plays. 

Im not so sure.

That is why he will bring DeFilippo. Same argument used against Matt LeFleur, who became OC of the Titans.

Frank has called plays with the Chargers before, it is not like Doug Pederson did not get any input from Frank, much like Sean McVay got a lot of input from LeFleur before coming up with a game plan on offense.

Frank is a former QB in the NFL, I suspect he can call plays if required. I mean, I can call plays if necessary....we need a leader and a strategist who can build out a team and game plan etc, etc.  Plus there's one NFL team in the world with a HC job open....who wants in?  I'm more worried about Andrew being ok.

Edited by Rally5
spell check

I was just going to post this.  

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

5 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

I was just going to post this.  

And he's been in our organization before....easy choice all things considered or Ballard with go with a KC coach.  People usually jump to comfort zones when stuff like this happens.  We know Frank and Ballard knows Taub.

Frank Reich has been learning from great coaches since his playing days in Buffalo. Maybe some are to young to have seen the bills in there dominant day with Jim Kelly. Frank Reich was his backup qb with the best hc at the time Marv Levy. Frank was holding a clip board for years and learning how the game is managed/coached from then till now. He was just the oc for the superbowl winning team. He knows how to coach qbs ala Carson Wentz/ Nick Foles. He's. A competitor with drive. He will be an excellent head coach.

Jacob Tamme  
Jacob Tamme   

@JacobTamme

I’ve seen some others say this (@theMMQB) but if the @Colts want a guy with potential to be a serious leader of men, impeccable character, not to mention OC of SB champs... Frank Reich.

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

If Frank Reich came here why would Defilippo come with him? He would likely get promoted to Eagles OC.

Actually, I thought he was going to be hired by the Vikings as OC after Valentines day. Something about his contract is up around then. 

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

If Frank Reich came here why would Defilippo come with him? He would likely get promoted to Eagles OC.

Defilippo is the QB coach, right? So if he came to the Colts as an OC, that would be a promotion and I imagine a pay raise.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts???

I think DeFilippo is heading to the Vikings. 

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/06/vikings-might-have-to-wait-to-talk-with-eagles-john-defilippo-about-coordinator-job/

Not excited about a loser who has never been a head coach, who has been dismissed or fired from three separate organizations in the last 7 years.  If he is the pick I don't expect him to succeed and definitely won't be watching next season.  There really are no good options though so whatever it's not like he is any worse than Toub or any other loser they might bring in. Ballard sure screwed this one up, that's for sure.  

8 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

Not excited about a loser who has never been a head coach, who has been dismissed or fired from three separate organizations in the last 7 years.  If he is the pick I don't expect him to succeed and definitely won't be watching next season.  There really are no good options though so whatever it's not like he is any worse than Toub or any other loser they might bring in. Ballard sure screwed this one up, that's for sure.  

Loser??? Won't be watching next season??? Have a nice day. :thmup:

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord....

Sorry, but I'm not impressed with Reich as our Head Coach

I'd rather take a chance with Flip

Frank Reich

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coaching career[edit]

In 2008, he served as an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach for the Indianapolis Colts. After Tony Dungy retired early in 2009, Jim Caldwell (former Colts quarterback coach) replaced Dungy and Reich took his place as the new quarterbacks coach.[5] Reich switched to Wide Receivers Coach[6] in 2011 but was dismissed when the entire coaching staff was released. He was the wide receivers coach for the Arizona Cardinals in 2012 under head coach Ken Whisenhunt,[7] but both Reich and Whisenhunt (along with other offensive coaches) were dismissed on December 31, 2012. He was hired by the San Diego Chargers along with Whisenhunt in 2013. When Whisenhunt left to become head coach of the Tennessee Titans, Reich was promoted to offensive coordinator. On January 4, 2016, he was fired from his position as offensive coordinator with the San Diego Chargers. On January 20, 2016, he was hired as offensive coordinator with the Philadelphia Eagles

As coach:

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

You guys aren’t crazy with the Frank Reich hype. I understand he won a super bowl and you all feel like scorned lovers but damn people. He doesn’t even call plays...

It's not like the cupboard is stocked with home run hires at this point.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

You guys aren’t crazy with the Frank Reich hype. I understand he won a super bowl and you all feel like scorned lovers but damn people. He doesn’t even call plays...

Did Tony Dungy call the offense NO Tom Moore did HC is a manager Frank Reich like Tony Dungy has the ability to steady the ship .