Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Is Not A Need, Pass On Luck

manning2dallas

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Luck can be injured in the first game and be out for the season. Also could be career ending or make the injury have a negative affect on his career.

He can also be a bust or a pedestrian average QB.

Once again, your precious cookie Andrew can be also injured and twist every nerve in his neck in the first game.

I think its quite unlikely to loose 2 QBs in a single season.

If Peyton is healthy, I can see trading the pick and getting a boat load in return and picking up a backup QB in a later round. I can't see just passing on Andrew and taking someone else with the #1.

whats the point?

RG3 says he will warm benches for a few years if need be while learning from the best. We can just trade down and take him as #2 and take Richardson in the same round later.

Andrew Luck is too selfish and too arrogant to sit and learn behind the hof qb. No one knows how this hyped up attention _ _ _ _ _ is gonna turned out. You never know, when it's all said and done RG3 can be the better QB.

QB is not a need for us...we have literally the greatest QB of ALL TIME on our roster. We should be looking to win now, not a guy who might start for us 5-6 years down the road. Personally, I think we should stay in the no.1 slot to choose Claiborne. Perhaps the greatest CB prospect of all time, a true beast. Our secondary is atrocious so it'd fill a need to. Trading down would be nice but we can't risk it since STL would gladly take him at 2.

Memory escapes me but i can't remember last time a cornerback took their team to a super bowl.....it was, it was, oh wait....never mind

Memory escapes me but i can't remember last time a cornerback took their team to a super bowl.....it was, it was, oh wait....never mind

did you read the first sentence of his post?

It says "...we have literally the greatest QB of ALL TIME on our roster."

how hard is that to understand?

March 8th and then the draft 6 weeks later can not get here soon enough....some of these threads are just plain silly.

Really -- an injured (and perhaps soon to be released) Manning, Curtis "I should probably try being a" Painter and Dan "so this is what a win feels like" Orlovsky serves as proof that the Colts don't need a QB and should take a corner with the #1 pick.

The Colts didn't need a QB from 1999 - 2010's draft.....they sure as heck need one this April.

whats the point?

RG3 says he will warm benches for a few years if need be while learning from the best. We can just trade down and take him as #2 and take Richardson in the same round later.

Andrew Luck is too selfish and too arrogant to sit and learn behind the hof qb. No one knows how this hyped up attention _ _ _ _ _ is gonna turned out. You never know, when it's all said and done RG3 can be the better QB.

How do you figure the Colts could get RG3 & Richardson?

yes i read it and i agree we did have the greatest QB of all time on our roster, BUT if we are going by present health issues(no one is really sure yet) and we are to believe what we are reading, then Manning may not have the strength to zip passed as he once did.

Look i'm one of the biggest Manning fans out there(met him numerous times) he is very personable and what he did for our franchise cannot be understated......BUT if he is not healthy enough by draft day, i think you have to look at that position and go for whats best for the franchise

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 20, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, February 20, 2012 - personal argument

Yeah I can tell. . .Thats why no one takes you seriously on these forums

apparently you do since you are trolling every single post I make. Seriously, stop following me.

Go look at your Andrew Luck posters or something

So I say next season Peyton + Claiborne = more wins than Luck (by a lot)

next season? big deal. Peyton can only give you 1 or 2 more, IF HE CAN DO THAT AT ALL. I personally think he will never ever ever never play another professional down. its retirement time.

why do you want to mess up by not taking the best prospect since 1983? Claiborne? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

glad the front office is not as crazy as you are. you are seriously nuts and judging from the responses here, everyone is laughing at your absolutely ridiculous ideas. take a hike with that Morris Claiborne garbage.

shake your head, and get ready for Andrew Luck to be under center next season. expect it to be a losing season. your Lord and Savior Peyton Manning went 3-13 in his first season, remember that?

Luck will stumble, and the team will stumble, and we will rebuild. give it a few seasons, and we will be back to the top of the AFCS, and in contention on the PO's.

you are in serious denial about Peyton and his condition. wake up!

Andrew Luck is too selfish and too arrogant to sit and learn

so was Peyton. Jim was already gone when Peyton was signed, but there was no way that arrogant kid was gonna sit behind Harbaugh. Manning HAD to start right away.

Andrew HAS to start right away. thanks for the memories, Peyton.

I am still amazed at the number of people who still believe Peyton is a high level NFL QB. We need to understand the severity of his injury and his age. It is time to move on and head into a new direction.

absolutely. they think he can throw the ball 50 yards consistently and still lead this broken team to a championship. crazy.

we are at least 4 to 5 years from SB contention. I'm ok with that. These jokers want one NOW NOW NOW!!!!! ahahah

absolutely. they think he can throw the ball 50 yards consistently and still lead this broken team to a championship. crazy.

we are at least 4 to 5 years from SB contention. I'm ok with that. These jokers want one NOW NOW NOW!!!!! ahahah

The problem is these people look at the past and believe we can rebuild this team in 1 year by trading ONE pick and become SB contenders again. Thing is, those teams were not as bad off as we are. So those same people need to realize it will take years for this team to return to SB contention, which will take years away from PM's age and health. It's kind of funny because people do not realize that by saying "build a team for Peyton", they are also saying "Let's waste some of his years" because this is not a one year project. We are in a tough spot when it comes to Manning, but it seems most people see it otherwise.

It's kind of funny because people do not realize that by saying "build a team for Peyton", they are also saying "Let's waste some of his years" because this is not a one year project.

this is the best sentence in this entire thread. thank you for that. manning2dallas, you catch that?

"We should be looking to win now"

No you shouldn't, the team won a pair of games last year. You should be looking towards the future by accquiring young talented players and re-building. This is a re-building team. Peyton isn't getting any younger and you need cap space to sign athletes in multiple positions so the team can be somewhat self sufficient and productive. You should be happy that the Colts are in the position to draft one of the best quarterbacks to come out of the draft in a long time. Do you really want to pass on the oppurtunity to be competitive for the next 10-15 years to keep a guy who is one of the best QBs of all time, albeit he's reaching his end due to an injury, age and big contract?

QB is not a need for us...we have literally the greatest QB of ALL TIME on our roster. We should be looking to win now, not a guy who might start for us 5-6 years down the road. Personally, I think we should stay in the no.1 slot to choose Claiborne. Perhaps the greatest CB prospect of all time, a true beast. Our secondary is atrocious so it'd fill a need to. Trading down would be nice but we can't risk it since STL would gladly take him at 2.

im sorry but are you living in a mental institution? because what you just said was the craziest thing i have ever seen on this forum. first off St.Louis dont need a CB their looking at WR or offensive line to help bradford out. second Manning is no guarentee what so ever to even be able to throw the ball like he did and you will be stuck with an average QB who prob wont throw 4,000 yards. so your winning now statement is just crazy. your talking about risking the future of the colts because your a manning worshiper. or your just a patriots fan pretending to be a colts fan. sorry to burst your bubble but Luck or RG3 is a colt whether you like it or not. Irsay has made it clear he is taking a QB with the first pick. if manning dont like it i would bet money in vegas Manning is gone come the first week of march

Sorry...the OP's jedi mind tricks won't work here. We all saw what happened last year due to our woeful back-up quarterback situation & an "unable to play" Peyton. The Colts will be taking a QB regardless of their decision on Manning because they realize Peyton is no longer the future of the franchise. Time to get that future guy.

its not hard to understand, but you may wanna rephrase that to we HAD literally the greatest qb of all time, hes old coming off of 4 surgeries and no guarentee he could perform better then andrew luck. seems you manning worshipers rather see manning and lose and watch him go out a loser then letting him walk away from a season in which he made the playoffs.

This is a QB driven league. Without a solid QB, the Dolphins are a decent team. Give them a solid franchise QB and they're in the playoffs. Sure, we have arguably the best QB of all time on our roster, but we don't know if he is completely healthy and even if he is healthy, he is 36 years old. He doesn't have many more years left in him.

Are you mad? Smart move would be to take Trent Richardson at 1. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to finally give Peyton a legit number 1 running back? I can see it now...excuse me as I reminisce about the glory days of Manning and Edgerrin James. Give Peyton a running back and watch him take us back to the glory land. Besides why give up on a sure fire hall of famer for some kid with a weak arm. Luck is nothing more then a media creation!!! Don't Buy into the hype.

The key is the O-line, not the backs. Addai and Brown are fine, they just don't usually have holes to run through. You could put Arian Foster on our team and he wouldn't be anywhere near what he has done in Houston because their O-line is way better and does a great job of opening holes for him. I'm also of the belief that a RB shouldn't be taken in the first round (unless it's a guy like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders), especially with the way the league is now a pass-first league.

I agree as we have had this talk before,i think RG3 is more able to make all the throws,and you know i like Keenum as well,and im not saying Luck isnt talented but ,i agree to an extent with the media hype tag,but over all i think RG3 is a beter shot of making a big impact,people dont give him credit for inteligence but you and i have discussed this i think hes very smart

Not just that, i've seen RG3 make deep pinpoint throws while being chased out of the pocket, yet always looking to throw 1st and making said throws while throwing from a totally off balanced position yet getting all the speed & accuracy one needs on the ball

Really? Orlovsky maybe but there is a reason why we benched Painter and went to Orlovsky.

The defense did us in because they were exhausted because the offense couldn't put a drive together to save their lives. It was three and out and right back on the field, even the mightly Ravens wear out if their offense does that. The games where the offense could put together drives and the defense didn't have to spend three quarters of the game on the field we won. Don't get me wrong the defense needs work but all-and-all when you factor in how the defense was built they didn't do a horriable job last season.

I said at the start of last season when Manning went down and people called on the defense to step up that just because we lost the all world QB didn't just make us a defensive team and people expecting the defense to carry us when it wasn't built to do that were going to be sorely mistaken.

Couldn't have said it any better! You can't take a defense that was asked for years to not lose the game for us to all of a sudden go out and win the game for us. Not going to happen, and anybody that would expect them to needs a check up from the neck up.

From now on, we're going to build a team Jaric's way.

Henceforth, we will only draft and sign as free agents, nothing but offensive and defensive linemen. That way, we'll never not convert a 3rd/4th and short again, which causes me to die a little inside everytime we went shotgun on 3rd and inches.

Not just that, i've seen RG3 make deep pinpoint throws while being chased out of the pocket, yet always looking to throw 1st and making said throws while throwing from a totally off balanced position yet getting all the speed & accuracy one needs on the ball

Even with Luck already @ Stanford they still tried to recruit RG3

Both were recruited by Stanford. (Didn't know that, did you? Shaw, then Stanford's offensive coordinator, went hard after Griffin, even with Luck already in house;

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1mx9r0O00

From now on, we're going to build a team Jaric's way.

Henceforth, we will only draft and sign as free agents, nothing but offensive and defensive linemen. That way, we'll never not convert a 3rd/4th and short again, which causes me to die a little inside everytime we went shotgun on 3rd and inches.

you know if you tweet that to Irsay he might listen to you ;)

Both were recruited by Stanford. (Didn't know that, did you? Shaw, then Stanford's offensive coordinator, went hard after Griffin, even with Luck already in house;

I am not making a statement on one Vs another, just an observation of RG3 and a an interesting item I never knew about the 2 regrading Stanford

I am not making a statement on one Vs another, just an observation of RG3 and a an interesting item I never knew about the 2 regarding Stanford